Carlos A Jiménez Ruiz
- Smoking cessation treatment for COPD smokers: the role of counsellingC A Jiménez-Ruiz
Smokers Clinic, Community of Madrid, Spain
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 79:33-7. 2013....
- Smoking cessation treatment for COPD smokers: the role of pharmacological interventionsC A Jiménez-Ruiz
Fagerstrom Consulting, Kågeröd, Sweden
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 79:27-32. 2013..Pharmacotherapy to aid cessation in COPD smokers have proven to be highly cost effective...
- Statement on smoking cessation in COPD and other pulmonary diseases and in smokers with comorbidities who find it difficult to quitCarlos A Jiménez-Ruiz
Smoking Cessation Service, Community of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Eur Respir J 46:61-79. 2015..Finally, we describe characteristics and management of any "hardcore" smoker who finds it difficult to quit with standard approaches. ..
- SEPAR-ALAT Consensus Document on Antipneumoccal Vaccination in SmokersCarlos A Jiménez Ruiz
Sociedad Española de Neumología y Cirugía Torácica SEPAR, Barcelona, España Electronic address
Arch Bronconeumol 51:350-4. 2015..This article comprises a consensus document on antipneumococcal vaccination in smokers, drawn up by a Smoking Expert Group from the Spanish Society of Pulmonology and Thoracic Surgery and the Latin American Chest Association...
- The electronic cigarette. Official statement of the Spanish Society of Pneumology and Thoracic Surgery (SEPAR) on the efficacy, safety and regulation of electronic cigarettesCarlos A Jiménez Ruiz
Grupo de trabajo del Programa Integrado de Investigación en Tabaquismo y del Área de Tabaquismo de la Sociedad Española de Neumología y Cirugía Torácica SEPAR, España Electronic address
Arch Bronconeumol 50:362-7. 2014..This statement declares that e-cigarettes should be regulated as medicinal products. ..
- Increasing the dose of varenicline in patients who do not respond to the standard doseCarlos A Jiménez-Ruiz
Smoking Cessation Service, County of Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Mayo Clin Proc 88:1443-5. 2013..Thus, we conclude that increasing the varenicline dose in smokers who do not respond to the standard dose after 8 weeks of treatment is associated with limited adverse events and high success rates. ..
- [Study of prevalence and attitudes on smoking in patients on continuous home oxygen therapy. Toma study]Carlos A Jiménez-Ruiz
Unidad Especializada en Tabaquismo, Comunidad de Madrid, Spain
Arch Bronconeumol 46:580-6. 2010..The objective of this study is to analyse the prevalence, attitudes and characteristics of smoking in the population of patients subjected to Long Term Domiciliary Oxygen Therapy (LTDOT) in the Community of Madrid...
- [Smoking. Analysis of the scientific production in the SEPAR smoking area in 2009]Carlos A Jiménez Ruiz
Comité Ejecutivo del Area de Tabaquismo de la Sociedad Española de Neumología y Cirugía Torácica, SEPAR, Madrid, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 46:13-6. 2010....
- [Care results in a specialist stop-smoking unit]Carlos A Jiménez Ruiz
Unidad Especializada en Tabaquismo, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 45:540-4. 2009..To present the short, medium and long-term results of a stop-smoking clinic after 5 years of experience. The clinic was designed following the SEPAR Recommendations...
- Varenicline: a novel pharmacotherapy for smoking cessationCarlos Jiménez-Ruiz
Smokers Clinic, Madrid, Spain
Drugs 69:1319-38. 2009..Given the greater efficacy of varenicline compared with other pharmacotherapies, and the high risk of morbidity and mortality associated with continued smoking, varenicline is a valuable pharmacological aid to smoking cessation...
- Harm reduction--a treatment approach for resistant smokers with tobacco-related symptomsCarlos Jiménez-Ruiz
Department of Pulmonology, Hospital Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Respiration 69:452-5. 2002..We propose that this reduction approach should be considered for patients with respiratory disease who are unable or unwilling to stop smoking...
- Progressive reduction using nicotine gum as a prelude to quittingCarlos A Jiménez-Ruiz
Smokers Clinic, Institute of Public Health, C Santa Cruz del Marcenado, 9 piso 2, Madrid 28015, Spain
Nicotine Tob Res 11:847-50. 2009..7 years, SD = 12.65; mean baseline smoking = 28.3 cigarettes/day) who sought treatment in a smokers' clinic but did not want to quit abruptly...
- [Respiratory symptoms and diagnosis of COPD in smokers of various types to tobacco. Results from the IBERPOC study]C A Jiménez-Ruiz
Servicio de Neumología Hospital de la Princesa Madrid España
Arch Bronconeumol 38:530-5. 2002....
- Study of the impact of laws regulating tobacco consumption on the prevalence of passive smoking in SpainCarlos A Jiménez-Ruiz
Unidad Especializada en Tabaquismo, Sub direccion General de Prevención y Promoción de la Salud, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Public Health 18:622-5. 2008....
- Can cumulative tobacco consumption, FTND score, and carbon monoxide concentration in expired air be predictors of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?Carlos Jiménez-Ruiz
Unidad de Tabaquismo, Instituto de Salud Pública, Comunidad de Madrid, Spain
Nicotine Tob Res 6:649-53. 2004..Cumulative consumption of tobacco was associated with the diagnosis of COPD. For each point increase in the FTND score, the probability of a smoker developing COPD increased by 11%...
- Smoking characteristics and cessation in patients with thromboangiitis obliteransC A Jiménez-Ruiz
Smokers Clinic, Institute of Public Health, Madrid, Spain
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 65:217-21. 2006..Describe the smoking characteristics and the results of a smoking intervention programme involving 27 cigarette smokers with Thromboangiitis Obliterans (TAO)...
- [Nicotine replacement therapy during pregnancy]Carlos A Jiménez Ruiz
Unidad Especializada en Tabaquismo, Dirección General de Salud Pública y Alimentación, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 42:404-9. 2006..This article reviews the indications and contraindications for nicotine replacement therapy during pregnancy as well as other issues relating to the safety of this type of treatment...
- Characteristics of COPD smokers and effectiveness and safety of smoking cessation medicationsCarlos A Jiménez Ruiz
Unidad Especializada en Tabaquismo, c Santacruz del Marcenado, 9 piso 2, Madrid 28015, Spain
Nicotine Tob Res 14:1035-9. 2012..The main objective of this study is to analyze the effectiveness and safety of drug treatments for smoking cessation in smokers with severe or very severe COPD...
- [Advances in respiratory health 2010: the perspective from the Smoking and Health Section]Carlos A Jiménez Ruiz
Unidad Especializada en Tabaquismo, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 47:33-5. 2011..The various disciplines included under the heading of smoking are reviewed: diagnosis and treatment, epidemiology, genetics, bibliometry and tobacco-related diseases...
- [Network of international scientific collaboration on smoking: analysis of coauthorship through the Science Citation Index (1999-2003)]José Ignacio de Granda-Orive
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Central de la Defensa Gomez Ulla, Madrid, Espana
Gac Sanit 23:222.e34-43. 2009....
- Impact of legislation on passive smoking in SpainCarlos A Jiménez Ruiz
Smoking Department, Spanish Society of Pulmonology and Thoracic Surgery, Barcelona, Spain
Respiration 87:190-5. 2014..In 2005, the Spanish government approved Law 28/2005 on health measures against smoking; this was amended in 2010 by Law 42/2010...
- [Spanish productivity in smoking research relative to world and European union productivity from 1999 through 2003, analyzed with the science citation index]José Ignacio de Granda-Orive
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Central de la Defensa Gomez Ulla, Madrid, Spain
Arch Bronconeumol 43:212-8. 2007..To analyze Spanish scientific productivity from 1999 through 2003 in the area of smoking research, in comparison with world and European Union research, based on data in the Science Citation (SCI) Index...
- Systemic inflammation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a population-based studyFrancisco Garcia-Rio
Pneumology Service, Hospital Universitario La Paz, IdiPAZ, Madrid, Spain
Respir Res 11:63. 2010..The aims of this study were to compare the levels of several systemic biomarkers between stable COPD patients and healthy subjects from a population-based sample, and to assess their distribution according to clinical variables...