Genomes and Genes
José M Izquierdo
- Izquierdo J. Hu antigen R (HuR) functions as an alternative pre-mRNA splicing regulator of Fas apoptosis-promoting receptor on exon definition. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:19077-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results support a functional link between HuR as repressor of alternative Fas splicing and the molecular mechanisms modulating programmed cell death. ..
- Izquierdo J, Valcarcel J. Two isoforms of the T-cell intracellular antigen 1 (TIA-1) splicing factor display distinct splicing regulation activities. Control of TIA-1 isoform ratio by TIA-1-related protein. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19410-7 pubmed..Taken together, the results reveal distinct functional properties of TIA-1 isoforms and the existence of a regulatory network that controls isoform expression. ..
- Izquierdo J. Fas splicing regulation during early apoptosis is linked to caspase-mediated cleavage of U2AF65. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3299-307 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results support a functional link among apoptosis induction, U2AF65 cleavage, and the regulation of Fas alternative splicing. ..
- Izquierdo J. Cell-specific regulation of Fas exon 6 splicing mediated by Hu antigen R. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:324-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, overexpression and knockdown of HuR led to Fas exon 6 skipping and inclusion, respectively. These results suggest that the TIA and HuR cellular ratio influences cell-type specific Fas exon 6 splicing pattern...
- Izquierdo J, Alcalde J, Carrascoso I, Reyes R, Ludeña M. Knockdown of T-cell intracellular antigens triggers cell proliferation, invasion and tumour growth. Biochem J. 2011;435:337-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results are consistent with a role for TIA proteins as growth/tumour-suppressor genes. ..
- Carrascoso I, Sánchez Jiménez C, Izquierdo J. Long-term reduction of T-cell intracellular antigens leads to increased beta-actin expression. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:90 pubmed publisher..Once again steady-state levels of mouse ACTB mRNA remained unchanged. Collectively, these results suggest that TIA proteins can function as long-term regulators of the ACTB mRNA metabolism in mouse and human cells. ..