Affiliation: Instituto de Salud Carlos III
- [Incidence of new HIV diagnoses in Spain, 2004-2009]Mercedes Diez
Secretaría del Plan Nacional sobre el Sida Centro Nacional de Epidemiología, Unidad de Epidemiología del VIH Sida y Conductas de Riesgo, Centro Nacional de Epidemiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Espana
Gac Sanit 26:107-15. 2012..To describe the incidence of new HIV diagnoses and its trend in Spain...
- Tuberculosis in Spain: epidemiological pattern and clinical practiceM Diez
Unidad de Investigación en Tuberculosis, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 6:295-300. 2002..Thirteen Autonomous Regions in Spain...
- Determinants of health system delay among confirmed tuberculosis cases in SpainM Diez
TB Research Unit, National Centre for Epidemiology, Carlos III Institute of Public Health, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Public Health 15:343-9. 2005..Health system delay (HSD) is an important issue in tuberculosis (TB) control. This report investigates HSD and associated factors in a cohort of Spanish culture-confirmed TB patients...
- Prevalence of M. tuberculosis infection and tuberculosis disease among HIV-infected people in SpainM Diez
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Unidad de Epidemiología del VIH SIDA, Madrid, Spain
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:1196-202. 2007..To study the prevalence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection (MTBI) and past/current tuberculosis (TB) among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infected persons in Spain...
- Quality control and data-handling in multicentre studies: the case of the Multicentre Project for Tuberculosis ResearchT Caloto
Unidad de Investigación en Tuberculosis, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Sinesio Delgado, 6, 28029 Madrid, Spain
BMC Med Res Methodol 1:14. 2001..Data-handling and quality control procedures implemented in the MPTR are described...
- Eligibility for and outcome of treatment of latent tuberculosis infection in a cohort of HIV-infected people in SpainAsuncion Diaz
Unidad de Epidemiología del VIH SIDA, Centro Nacional de Epidemiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 10:267. 2010..The study objectives were to describe eligibility for TLTBI as well as treatment prescription, initiation and completion in an HIV-infected Spanish cohort and to investigate factors associated with treatment completion...
- Prevalence of maternal hepatitis C infection according to HIV serostatus in six Spanish regions (2003-2006)Teresa Seisdedos
MoH AIDS National Plan NEC Institute of Health Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Public Health 21:643-5. 2011..Anti-HCV prevalence rate is low in these regions compared to Hospital cohorts. Although a high prevalence rate in HIV co-infected women is found, it tends to decrease along the period studied...
- Estimating the prevalence of drug injection using a multiplier method based on a register of new HIV diagnosesGregorio Barrio Anta
Escuela Nacional de Sanidad, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Public Health 21:646-8. 2011..8 (95% CI 23.8-53.8) per 100,000 population, a 2.8 times reduction compared with 2001. This method permits estimation of both prevalence and trends of drug injection. It is sustainable and routinely applicable in many countries...
- [Factors related to non-prescription of tuberculin skin testing in a cohort of HIV-infected people]Asuncion Diaz
Unidad de Epidemiología del VIH SIDA, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 28:215-21. 2010..In this report we analyze the incidence and variables associated with non-prescription of TST in a cohort of HIV-infected people...
- [Delayed diagnosis of HIV infection in Spain]Jesus Oliva
Unidad de Epidemiología del VIH SIDA, Centro Nacional de Epidemiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 28:583-9. 2010....
- Epidemiological surveillance of congenital syphilis in Spain, 2000-2010Natalia Ortiz-Lopez
Programa de Epidemiología Aplicada de Campo PEAC, Centro Nacional de Epidemiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:988-90. 2012..Hepatosplenomegaly was the most common clinical finding, although almost 60% of the cases were asymptomatic. Missed opportunities for congenital syphilis prevention through antenatal care were identified...
- Harm reduction interventions for drug injectors or heroin users in Spain: expanding coverage as the storm abatesGregorio Barrio
National School of Public Health, Carlos III Health Institute, Madrid, Spain
Addiction 107:1111-22. 2012..To show the utility of analysing time trends of need and coverage of needle-exchange programmes (NEPs) and opioid substitution treatment (OST) to assess harm reduction policies targeting drug injectors or heroin users...
- [Evolution of the human immunodeficiency virus seroprevalence in mothers of newborns from 8 autonomous regions (Spain), 1996-2005]Teresa Seisdedos
Centro Nacional de Epidemiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Sinesio Delgado 9, Madrid, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 131:250-2. 2008..To asses the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) seroprevalence evolution of newborns' mothers...
- Analysis of 4495 canine and feline uroliths in the Benelux. A retrospective study: 1994-2004P Picavet
Hill s Pet Nutrition, Benelux, Breda, The Netherlands
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 91:247-51. 2007..The mean age of uroliths appearance was 7.3 years in the dogs and 7.2 years in the cats. The findings are similar to those previously published in the USA...
- Orthotopic heart transplantation in elderly patients: a 10-year experience at a single centerR Favaloro
Favaloro Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Transplant Proc 36:1692-4. 2004..The objective of this study was to assess OHT outcomes to determine whether elderly patients benefit from the procedure...