Affiliation: Hospital del Mar
- The mental component of the short-form 12 health survey (SF-12) as a measure of depressive disorders in the general population: results with three alternative scoring methodsGemma Vilagut
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Value Health 16:564-73. 2013..To evaluate the performance of the Mental Component of the Short-Form 12 Health Survey, Version 1(SF-12v1), as a screening measure of depressive disorders...
- Health status of the advanced elderly in six European countries: results from a representative survey using EQ-5D and SF-12Hans Helmut Konig
Department of Medical Sociology and Health Economics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg, Germany
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:143. 2010..Due to demographic change, the advanced elderly represent the fastest growing population group in Europe. Health problems tend to be frequent and increasing with age within this cohort...
- Impact of recent life events on the health related quality of life of adolescents and youths: the role of gender and life events typologies in a follow-up studyEster Villalonga-Olives
CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:71. 2010..We assessed the relationship between LEs and HRQoL in a representative sample of Spanish adolescents/youths, focusing on gender differences...
- Perceived stigma among individuals with common mental disordersJordi Alonso
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
J Affect Disord 118:180-6. 2009..Severe mental disorders are associated with social distance from the general population, but there is lack of data on the stigma reported by individuals with common mental disorders...
- Association between annual earnings and mental disorders in Spain: individual and societal-level estimatesGabriela Barbaglia
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM, Institut de Recerca Hospital del Mar, 88, Carrer del Doctor Aiguader, E 80003 Barcelona, Spain
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:1717-25. 2012..Indirect costs of mental disorders are considerable and include loss of work productivity. We aimed to study the association between personal annual earnings and common mental disorders in Spain...
- Perceived need for mental health care and service use among adults in Western Europe: results of the ESEMeD projectMiquel Codony
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Doctor Aiguader, 80 Barcelona 08003, Spain
Psychiatr Serv 60:1051-8. 2009..This study assessed prevalence and correlates of perceived need for mental health care and its role in help seeking...
- Measurement and description of underlying dimensions of comorbid mental disorders using Factor Mixture Models: results of the ESEMeD projectJosue Almansa
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 20:116-33. 2011..An advantage of latent model-based scores is that the inclusion of additional mental-health dimensional information -- other than diagnostic data -- allows for greater precision within a target range of scores...
- Use of primary and specialized mental health care for a major depressive episode in Spain by ESEMeD respondentsAndrea Gabilondo
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatr Serv 62:152-61. 2011..This study described use of services for a major depressive episode and determined factors associated with use in Spain, a country with universal access to care and a relatively low prevalence of depression...
- Discriminative capacity of the EQ-5D, SF-6D, and SF-12 as measures of health status in population health surveyOriol Cunillera
CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 19:853-64. 2010..To compare the EQ-5D, SF-6D, and SF-12 in terms of their capacity to discriminate between groups defined by relevant socio-demographic and health characteristics in a general population survey...
- Population level of unmet need for mental healthcare in EuropeJordi Alonso
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Carrer del Doctor Aiguader, 88 E 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 190:299-306. 2007..The high prevalence of mental disorders has fuelled controversy about the need for mental health services...
- Validation of the "World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule, WHODAS-2" in patients with chronic diseasesOlatz Garin
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:51. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess WHODAS-2 conceptual model and metric properties in a set of chronic and prevalent clinical conditions accounting for a wide scope of disability in Europe...
- Is ADHD in childhood associated with lifetime hoarding symptoms? An epidemiological studyMiquel A Fullana
Institute of Neuropsychiatry and Addictions INAD, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain Department of Psychiatry, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Depress Anxiety 30:741-8. 2013..The aim of the present epidemiological study was to investigate the association between retrospectively reported ADHD symptoms in childhood and lifetime hoarding symptoms...
- Multidimensional item response theory models yielded good fit and reliable scores for the Short Form-12 questionnaireCarlos G Forero
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM Institut Hospital del Mar d Investigacions Mèdiques, Doctor Aiguader 88, E 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Epidemiol 66:790-801. 2013..To propose a multidimensional item response theory (MIRT) scoring system for the Short Form 12 (SF-12) with good psychometric properties in terms of fit and reliability...
- Disability mediates the impact of common conditions on perceived healthJordi Alonso
IMIM Institut Hospital del Mar d Investigacions Mèdiques, Barcelona, Spain Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e65858. 2013..We examined the extent to which disability mediates the observed associations of common mental and physical conditions with perceived health...
- Adaptation into Spanish of the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS) and preliminary validation in a student sampleMaría Andrée López
Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Pompeu Fabra University UPF, Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 22:1099-104. 2013..We aimed to adapt the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being scale (WEMWBS) into Spanish and to perform a preliminary evaluation of its metric properties...
- Association of childhood adversities with the first onset of mental disorders in Spain: results from the ESEMeD projectJaime Perales
Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Dr Antoni Pujades, 42, 08830, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:371-84. 2013..The present paper studies the prevalence of a wide variety of CAs, as well as their relationship to the onset of mental disorders in a representative sample of a Spanish population...
- Obsessive-compulsive symptom dimensions in the general population: results from an epidemiological study in six European countriesM A Fullana
Anxiety Unit, IAPS, Hospital del Mar and Department of Psychiatry, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Affect Disord 124:291-9. 2010..The prevalence of obsessive-compulsive symptom dimensions and their sociodemographic and psychopathological correlates at the population level are unknown...