Affiliation: Hospital Universitario La Fe
- [Mortality following cardiac surgery in the National Health Service Hospitals of the Community of Valencia in 2007: a descriptive analysis]R Vicente
Sección de Anestesiología y Cuidados Críticos de Cirugía Cardiaca en la Comunidad Valenciana
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 57:79-85. 2010....
- Perioperative complications of lung transplantation in patients with emphysema and fibrosis: experience from 1992-2002R Vicente
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care and Lung Transplant Unit, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2560-2. 2006..Our objective was to describe the incidence of perioperative complications of lung transplantation among patients with emphysema and fibrosis and the morbidity and mortality risk factors...
- Analysis of interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 in lung transplantation: correlation with nitric oxide administrationI Moreno
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 40:3082-4. 2008..Our objective was to verify whether administering iNO to LT patients modified the blood and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) interleukin (IL)-6 and -8 levels in the event of PGD...
- Plasma levels of N terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide as a prognostic value in primary graft dysfunction and a predictor of mortality in the immediate postoperative period of lung transplantationI Leon
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2216-7. 2009..The objective of our study was to analyse N terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) as a prognostic marker of morbidity and mortality and its possible relationship with the development of PGD...
- Antifungal prophylaxis during the early postoperative period of lung transplantation. Valencia Lung Transplant GroupV Calvo
Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Chest 115:1301-4. 1999..The aim of this article is to evaluate the success of an antifungal prophylaxis protocol to prevent fungal infection in the immediate postoperative period in lung transplant recipients...
- Effects of inhaled nitric oxide on primary graft dysfunction in lung transplantationI Moreno
Department of Anaesthesiology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2210-2. 2009..Our objective was to assess whether iNO showed this immunomodulatory effect by determining interleukin (IL)-6, -8, and -10 levels in blood and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) in LT patients, and its relationship with PGD incidence...
- Mortality after heart-lung transplantation experience in a reference centerM T Izquierdo
Heart Failure and Transplant Unit, Department of Cardiology, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 39:2360-1. 2007..Our objective was to conduct an analysis on mortality after HLT at our center...
- Cardiopulmonary transplantation: experience of a lung transplant groupP Morales
Department of Pneumology, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 35:1954-6. 2003..Nevertheless, our survival rate at 10 years after transplantation is 30% (26% IR). We conclude that CPT should be considered despite the greater early morbidity and mortality...
- Determination of interleukin-6 in lung transplantation: association with primary graft dysfunctionI Moreno
Departament of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 39:2425-6. 2007..Our objective was to verify the association between PGD and activation of the inflammatory cascade by measuring interleukin-6 (IL-6) in the blood and the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) of the recipient...
- A comparision of several formats of amphotericin B as an inhaled antifungal prophylaxisE Sanmartín
Servicio de Farmacia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2225-6. 2009..We sought compare the economic cost, ease of preparation and administration, and tolerance of the available alternatives of amphotericin B (AmpB) as an inhaled antifungal prophylaxis for lung transplant patients...
- Lung transplantation in patients with x-linked agammaglobulinemiaP Morales
Department of Pneumology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 35:1942-3. 2003..Regular administration of IVIG overcomes the high risk of infections due to the severe immunodeficiency and the intensive immunosuppressive therapy...
- [Lung transplantation for pulmonary fibrosis: perioperative morbidity and mortality]C Villalain
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital La Fe, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 51:309-15. 2004..001). In spite of the considerable progress made, intra- and postoperative complications continue to be a real threat for the transplanted lung patient. Sepsis was the strongest predictor of poor prognosis in the early recovery period...
- Successful sequential double-lung transplantation for adult respiratory distress syndrome after long-term mechanical ventilationJ Barrio
Eur J Anaesthesiol 21:326-7. 2004
- [Lung transplantation in patients in mechanical ventilation before transplantation]J Barrio
Servicios de Anestesiología Reanimación y Cirugía Torácica, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 49:44-7. 2002..Pretransplant mechanical ventilation was associated with high risk in the patient series we report; however, the survival rate observed suggest that such patients should be considered acceptable candidates to receive grafts if indicated...