Affiliation: Hospital Universitario La Fe
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in lung transplantationR Vicente
Servicio de Anestesiología Reanimación, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Med Intensiva 37:110-5. 2013....
- [Mortality following cardiac surgery in the National Health Service Hospitals of the Community of Valencia in 2007: a descriptive analysis]R Vicente
Sección de Anestesiología y Cuidados Críticos de Cirugía Cardiaca en la Comunidad Valenciana
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 57:79-85. 2010....
- Perioperative complications of lung transplantation in patients with emphysema and fibrosis: experience from 1992-2002R Vicente
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care and Lung Transplant Unit, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2560-2. 2006..Our objective was to describe the incidence of perioperative complications of lung transplantation among patients with emphysema and fibrosis and the morbidity and mortality risk factors...
- Analysis of interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 in lung transplantation: correlation with nitric oxide administrationI Moreno
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 40:3082-4. 2008..Our objective was to verify whether administering iNO to LT patients modified the blood and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) interleukin (IL)-6 and -8 levels in the event of PGD...
- [Lung transplant in patients with sarcoidosis: 2 case reports and a pathophysiologic review]C Contat
Departamento de Anestesiología y Reanimación, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 56:635-40. 2009..The outcomes were different in each case. We analyze factors related to morbidity and mortality that determined the outcomes...
- Antifungal prophylaxis during the early postoperative period of lung transplantation. Valencia Lung Transplant GroupV Calvo
Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Chest 115:1301-4. 1999..The aim of this article is to evaluate the success of an antifungal prophylaxis protocol to prevent fungal infection in the immediate postoperative period in lung transplant recipients...
- Plasma levels of N terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide as a prognostic value in primary graft dysfunction and a predictor of mortality in the immediate postoperative period of lung transplantationI Leon
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2216-7. 2009..The objective of our study was to analyse N terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) as a prognostic marker of morbidity and mortality and its possible relationship with the development of PGD...
- [Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation after cardiac surgery in 12 patients with cardiogenic shock]I Moreno
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 58:156-60. 2011..Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) provides temporary assisted circulation, lending hemodynamic and respiratory support to the patient with cardiogenic shock in order to prevent multiple organ failure and death...
- Effects of inhaled nitric oxide on primary graft dysfunction in lung transplantationI Moreno
Department of Anaesthesiology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2210-2. 2009..Our objective was to assess whether iNO showed this immunomodulatory effect by determining interleukin (IL)-6, -8, and -10 levels in blood and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) in LT patients, and its relationship with PGD incidence...
- Cardiopulmonary transplantation: experience of a lung transplant groupP Morales
Department of Pneumology, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 35:1954-6. 2003..Nevertheless, our survival rate at 10 years after transplantation is 30% (26% IR). We conclude that CPT should be considered despite the greater early morbidity and mortality...
- Mortality after heart-lung transplantation experience in a reference centerM T Izquierdo
Heart Failure and Transplant Unit, Department of Cardiology, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 39:2360-1. 2007..Our objective was to conduct an analysis on mortality after HLT at our center...
- [Indications and use of prothrombin complex in cardiac surgery]A Pajares
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, España Electronic address
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 59:150-6. 2012..The aim of this work is to describe the main characteristics and update the use of prothrombin complexes that are currently available in Spain, with special emphasis on their use in cardiac surgery...
- Determination of interleukin-6 in lung transplantation: association with primary graft dysfunctionI Moreno
Departament of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 39:2425-6. 2007..Our objective was to verify the association between PGD and activation of the inflammatory cascade by measuring interleukin-6 (IL-6) in the blood and the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) of the recipient...
- Lung transplantation in patients with x-linked agammaglobulinemiaP Morales
Department of Pneumology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 35:1942-3. 2003..Regular administration of IVIG overcomes the high risk of infections due to the severe immunodeficiency and the intensive immunosuppressive therapy...
- A comparision of several formats of amphotericin B as an inhaled antifungal prophylaxisE Sanmartín
Servicio de Farmacia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2225-6. 2009..We sought compare the economic cost, ease of preparation and administration, and tolerance of the available alternatives of amphotericin B (AmpB) as an inhaled antifungal prophylaxis for lung transplant patients...
- [Lung transplantation in patients in mechanical ventilation before transplantation]J Barrio
Servicios de Anestesiología Reanimación y Cirugía Torácica, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 49:44-7. 2002..Pretransplant mechanical ventilation was associated with high risk in the patient series we report; however, the survival rate observed suggest that such patients should be considered acceptable candidates to receive grafts if indicated...
- [Lung transplantation for pulmonary fibrosis: perioperative morbidity and mortality]C Villalain
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital La Fe, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 51:309-15. 2004..001). In spite of the considerable progress made, intra- and postoperative complications continue to be a real threat for the transplanted lung patient. Sepsis was the strongest predictor of poor prognosis in the early recovery period...
- Successful sequential double-lung transplantation for adult respiratory distress syndrome after long-term mechanical ventilationJ Barrio
Eur J Anaesthesiol 21:326-7. 2004