Affiliation: Hospital de Sabadell
- Efficacy of single-dose antibiotic against early-onset pneumonia in comatose patients who are ventilatedJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, Consorci Hospitalari Universitari Parc Taulí, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Sabadell, Spain
Chest 143:1219-25. 2013..Comatose patients were studied to evaluate the efficacy of a single-dose of antibiotic prophylaxis at intubation against EO-VAP...
- Evolution over a 15-year period of clinical characteristics and outcomes of critically ill patients with community-acquired bacteremiaJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Parc Taulí Hospital Sabadell, UAB, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Sabadell, Spain
Crit Care Med 41:76-83. 2013..We aimed to analyze the changes in the prevalence, characteristics, and outcome of critically ill patients with community-acquired bacteremia over the past 15 yrs...
- Bloodstream infection in the ICUJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, Institut Universitari Parc Tauli UAB, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Parc Tauli s n, Sabadell 08208, Spain
Infect Dis Clin North Am 23:557-69. 2009..This article discusses the clinical importance of BSI, including hospital- and community-acquired episodes in the ICU...
- Health-care-associated bloodstream infections at admission to the ICUJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Hospital Sabadell, Sabadell, Spain
Chest 139:810-5. 2011..Patients with bloodstream infections (BSIs) were studied to assess health-care-associated infections at admission in the ICU...
- A 7-year study of severe hospital-acquired pneumonia requiring ICU admissionJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, Institut Universitari Parc Tauli Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona, Parc Tauli s n, 08208, Barcelona, Spain
Intensive Care Med 29:1981-8. 2003..To examine the characteristics, prognostic factors, and outcome of patients with severe hospital-acquired pneumonia admitted to the ICU...
- Patterns of colonization by Pseudomonas aeruginosa in intubated patients: a 3-year prospective study of 1,607 isolates using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis with implications for prevention of ventilator-associated pneumoniaJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell and UDIAT Diagnostic Center, Institut Universitari, Universitat Autonoma Barcelona, Parc Tauli s n, 08208 Sabadell, Spain
Intensive Care Med 30:1768-75. 2004..To identify routes and patterns of colonization with Pseudomonas aeruginosa in intubated patients to design strategies of prevention for respiratory infection...
- First influenza season after the 2009 pandemic influenza: report of the first 300 ICU admissions in SpainA Rodriguez
Hospital Joan XXIII, Critical Care Department, IISPV, URV, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Tarragona, Spain
Med Intensiva 35:208-16. 2011..During the 2009 influenza pandemic, several reports were published, nevertheless, data on the clinical profiles of critically ill patients with the new virus infection during this second outbreak are still lacking...
- Treatment strategies for central venous catheter infectionsCaroline Sabatier
Hospital de Sabadell, Centre de Critics, Intensive Care Unit, Sabadell, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:2231-43. 2009..Glycopeptide antibiotics are widely used for empirical treatment because of the high prevalence of staphylococcal infections. Antibiotic therapy should be reassessed when culture and sensitivity results are known...