Affiliation: Hospital de Sabadell
- Epidemiology, antibiotic therapy and clinical outcomes of healthcare-associated pneumonia in critically ill patients: a Spanish cohort studyJordi Valles
Area de Patología Crítica, Critical Care Department, Hospital de Sabadell, Corporació Sanitària Universitària Parc Taulí, Parc Tauli s n, Sabadell, Spain
Intensive Care Med 40:572-81. 2014..Information about healthcare-associated pneumonia (HCAP) in critically ill patients is scarce...
- Efficacy of single-dose antibiotic against early-onset pneumonia in comatose patients who are ventilatedJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, Consorci Hospitalari Universitari Parc Taulí, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Sabadell, Spain
Chest 143:1219-25. 2013..Comatose patients were studied to evaluate the efficacy of a single-dose of antibiotic prophylaxis at intubation against EO-VAP...
- Evolution over a 15-year period of clinical characteristics and outcomes of critically ill patients with community-acquired bacteremiaJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Parc Taulí Hospital Sabadell, UAB, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Sabadell, Spain
Crit Care Med 41:76-83. 2013..We aimed to analyze the changes in the prevalence, characteristics, and outcome of critically ill patients with community-acquired bacteremia over the past 15 yrs...
- Health-care-associated bloodstream infections at admission to the ICUJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Hospital Sabadell, Sabadell, Spain
Chest 139:810-5. 2011..Patients with bloodstream infections (BSIs) were studied to assess health-care-associated infections at admission in the ICU...
- Bloodstream infection in the ICUJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, Institut Universitari Parc Tauli UAB, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Parc Tauli s n, Sabadell 08208, Spain
Infect Dis Clin North Am 23:557-69. 2009..This article discusses the clinical importance of BSI, including hospital- and community-acquired episodes in the ICU...
- A 7-year study of severe hospital-acquired pneumonia requiring ICU admissionJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, Institut Universitari Parc Tauli Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona, Parc Tauli s n, 08208, Barcelona, Spain
Intensive Care Med 29:1981-8. 2003..To examine the characteristics, prognostic factors, and outcome of patients with severe hospital-acquired pneumonia admitted to the ICU...
- Why mortality is increased in health-care-associated pneumonia: lessons from pneumococcal bacteremic pneumoniaJordi Rello
Critical Care Department, Joan XXIII University Hospital, Carrer Mallafre Guasch, 4, Tarragona 43007, Spain
Chest 137:1138-44. 2010..A cohort of patients with bacteremic Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumonia was reviewed to assess why mortality is higher in health-care-associated pneumonia (HCAP) than in community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...
- Device-associated infection rates in Adult Intensive Care Units in Catalonia: VINCat Program findingsJordi Valles
Critical Care Unit, Hospital de Sabadell, Corporació Sanitària Universitària Parc Taulí, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 30:33-8. 2012..The implementation of the VINCat Program allowed monitoring of nosocomial device-associated infections in ICUs in Catalonia and enabled corrective measures in ICUs with increased incidences of device-associated infections...
- Community-acquired bloodstream infection in critically ill adult patients: impact of shock and inappropriate antibiotic therapy on survivalJordi Valles
Intensive Care Department, Hospital de Sabadell, Spain
Chest 123:1615-24. 2003....
- First influenza season after the 2009 pandemic influenza: report of the first 300 ICU admissions in SpainA Rodriguez
Hospital Joan XXIII, Critical Care Department, IISPV, URV, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Tarragona, Spain
Med Intensiva 35:208-16. 2011..During the 2009 influenza pandemic, several reports were published, nevertheless, data on the clinical profiles of critically ill patients with the new virus infection during this second outbreak are still lacking...
- Severe pandemic (H1N1)v influenza A infection: report on the first deaths in SpainIgnacio Martin-Loeches
Critical Care Department, Joan XXIII University Hospital, Spain
Respirology 16:78-85. 2011..The impact of pandemic influenza A (H1N1)v infection is still unknown but it is associated with a high case-fatality rate...
- Community-acquired respiratory coinfection in critically ill patients with pandemic 2009 influenza A(H1N1) virusIgnacio Martin-Loeches
Critical Care Department, Joan XXIII University Hospital, University Rovira i Virgili, CibeRes, Mallafre Guasch 4, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Chest 139:555-62. 2011..Little is known about the impact of community-acquired respiratory coinfection in patients with pandemic 2009 influenza A(H1N1) virus infection...
- [Pneumonia due to Pseudomonas aeruginosa]Jordi Valles
Centre de Critics, Hospital de Sabadell, Institut Universitari Parc Tauli, Sabadell, Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 23:30-6. 2005..aeruginosa pneumonia is suspected or confirmed. Empiric therapy with drugs active against P. aeruginosa should be started, especially in patients who have received previous antibiotics or present late-onset pneumonia...
- Patterns of colonization by Pseudomonas aeruginosa in intubated patients: a 3-year prospective study of 1,607 isolates using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis with implications for prevention of ventilator-associated pneumoniaJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell and UDIAT Diagnostic Center, Institut Universitari, Universitat Autonoma Barcelona, Parc Tauli s n, 08208 Sabadell, Spain
Intensive Care Med 30:1768-75. 2004..To identify routes and patterns of colonization with Pseudomonas aeruginosa in intubated patients to design strategies of prevention for respiratory infection...
- Treatment strategies for central venous catheter infectionsCaroline Sabatier
Hospital de Sabadell, Centre de Critics, Intensive Care Unit, Sabadell, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:2231-43. 2009..Glycopeptide antibiotics are widely used for empirical treatment because of the high prevalence of staphylococcal infections. Antibiotic therapy should be reassessed when culture and sensitivity results are known...
- Impact of obesity in patients infected with 2009 influenza A(H1N1)Emili Diaz
Critical Care Department, Hospital Universitario Joan XXIII CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, URV, and IISPV, Carrer Dr, Mallafre Guasch 4, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Chest 139:382-6. 2011..However, its role remains unclear. We evaluate the outcome of patients who are obese and infected with A(H1N1) in the ICU, determining whether obesity is a risk factor for mortality...
- Microbiological testing and outcome of patients with severe community-acquired pneumoniaJordi Rello
Critical Care Department, Joan XXIII University Hospital, Tarragona, Spain
Chest 123:174-80. 2003..The study documents the impact of microbiological investigations on therapeutic decisions and outcome in patients with severe community-acquired pneumonia (SCAP)...
- [Nosocomial pneumonia]Emili Diaz
Servicio de Medicina Intensiva, Hospital de Sabadell, Corporació Sanitària Universitària Parc Taulí, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Sabadell, Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 31:692-8. 2013..Additionally, clinical strategies aimed at the prevention of HAP and VAP should be employed in hospital settings caring for patients at risk for these infections. ..