Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol
- Time on antiretroviral therapy is a protective factor for liver fibrosis in HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) co-infected patientsC Tural
Clinical HIV Unit, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
J Viral Hepat 10:118-25. 2003..73, 95% CI: 1.108-6.731) were associated with liver fibrosis. Hence ART should be a priority in HIV/HCV co-infected patients eligible for anti-HCV treatment as it is a protective factor for liver fibrosis...
- Safety and efficacy of an induction dose of pegylated interferon alpha-2a on early hepatitis C virus kinetics in HIV/HCV co-infected patients: the CORAL-1 multicentre pilot studyC Tural
HIV Clinical Unit, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Viral Hepat 14:704-13. 2007..Despite the lack of benefit with this regimen, induction therapy with this schedule was safe and well tolerated in co-infected patients...
- High-dose saquinavir plus ritonavir: long-term efficacy in HIV-positive protease inhibitor-experienced patients and predictors of virologic responseR Paredes
Retrovirology Laboratory Institut de Recerca de la SIDA Caixa, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 22:132-8. 1999..This therapeutic efficacy is strongly implemented by a switch at the lower HIV-1 RNA levels...
- Benefit of switching from a protease inhibitor (PI) to nevirapine in PI-experienced patients suffering acquired HIV-related lipodystrophy syndrome (AHL): interim analysis at 3 months of follow-upE Negredo
Fundació Lluita contra la Sida, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Antivir Ther 4:23-8. 1999..Maintenance of viral suppression was equivalent in both treatment groups. Additional data with longer follow-up are needed to confirm these results...
- Estimated liver fibrosis and its impact on all-cause mortality of HCV-monoinfected and HCV/HIV-coinfected drug usersA Sanvisens
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Curr HIV Res 9:256-62. 2011..Conclusions: Estimation of liver fibrosis using serum markers may help with clinical decisions to facilitate access to treatment of chronic hepatitis C in this population...
- Hyaluronic acid, transforming growth factor-beta1 and hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus and human immunodeficiency virus co-infectionA Sanvisens
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma, Barcelona, Spain
J Viral Hepat 16:513-8. 2009..However, serum TGF-beta1 was not predictive of histological damage in co-infected individuals treated with HAART...
- Natural prevalence of HCV minority variants that are highly resistant to NS3/4A protease inhibitorsS Franco
Fundacio irsiCaixa, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
J Viral Hepat 18:e578-82. 2011..Our results also demonstrate that allele-specific PCR can be used to detect minor HCV NS3 protease resistant variants in pretreatment samples and to study in detail the evolution of mutant viruses during targeted antiviral therapy...
- Prospective randomized two-Arm controlled study to determine the efficacy of a specific intervention to improve long-term adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapyA Tuldrá
HIV Unit, Fundació Lluita SIDA and IrsiCaixa Retrovirology Laboratory, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Badalona, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 25:221-8. 2000..Interventions to ensure a high level of adherence during a relatively long-term period of therapy are necessary...
- HIV-1 infected patients older than 50 years. PISCIS cohort studyG Navarro
Corporación Sanitaria Parc Taulí, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
J Infect 57:64-71. 2008..The aim of this study is to characterize the ways in which older HIV-infected people differ from younger HIV-infected people...
- Progression to AIDS or death in HIV-infected patients initiating cART with CD4<200 cells/µL: the role of CD4 and viral load changes during follow-upE Ferrer
Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, HIV Unit, Infectious Disease Service, Barcelona, Spain
J Int AIDS Soc 15:18148. 2012..VL at BL and mainly at follow up also played a role in patient outcome...
- High prevalence of and progression to low bone mineral density in HIV-infected patients: a longitudinal cohort studyAnna Bonjoch
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, University Hospital Germans Trias, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS 24:2827-33. 2010..Low bone mineral density (BMD) is an emerging metabolic condition in HIV-infected patients; however, data on progression of this disease are scarce...
- Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia in Spanish HIV-infected patients in the combined antiretroviral therapy era: prevalence of dihydropteroate synthase mutations and prognostic factors of mortalityMiriam J Alvarez-Martinez
Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 62:34-43. 2008..03 and P < 0.001, respectively). The prevalence of DHPS mutants in Spain is low and is not associated with a worse outcome. Severe respiratory failure at admission is the strongest predictor of PCP outcome...
- Detection of hepatitis C virus antibodies in oral fluid specimens for prevalence studiesV Gonzalez
Microbiology Service, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:121-6. 2008..Using this assay, we observed an unadjusted anti-HCV prevalence of 78.6% among a population of intravenous drug users; when adjusted to account for assay sensitivity, this prevalence may be closer to 90%...
- Human papillomavirus 16 integration and risk factors associated in anal samples of HIV-1 infected menMaría Paz Cañadas
Retrovirology Laboratory irsiCaixa Foundation, Barcelona, Spain
Sex Transm Dis 37:311-5. 2010..PATIENTS METHODS: This cross-sectional study included 269 HIV-infected males. Detection and typing of HPV-infection was done by multiplex PCR, and integration of HPV-16 by real-time PCR...
- Impact of injecting drug use on the interruption of antiretroviral therapiesR Muga
Servicio de Medicina Interna, 4a planta, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:286-7. 2004
- [Use of non-occupational HIV post-exposure prophylaxis in Spain (2001-2005)]Nuria Vives
Centro de estudios epidemiológicos sobre ITS SIDA de Cataluña CEEISCAT CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Hospital Universitario Germans Trias i Pujol, Carretera de Canyet s n, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:546-51. 2008..The aim of this study is to describe the characteristics of the persons exposed, types of exposures, antiretroviral treatment prescribed, and outcome of HIV infection in cases of non-occupational exposure in Spain...
- Relationship between ANCA and clinical activity in inflammatory bowel disease: variation in prevalence of ANCA and evidence of heterogeneityE Abad
Immunology Unit, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
J Autoimmun 10:175-80. 1997..These results suggest that the autoantigens recognized by ANCA are different in patients with IBD from those with necrotising vasculitis...
- Anti-intrinsic factor antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosusJ Junca
Service of Haematology, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Lupus 2:111-4. 1993..We conclude that IFAb may appear in SLE patients, although the cobalamin deficiency described in SLE seems to be due to the presence of IFAb in only a minority of cases...
- Influence of the type of pegylated interferon on the onset of depressive and neuropsychiatric symptoms in HIV-HCV coinfected patientsC R Fumaz
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Care 19:138-45. 2007....
- Transmitted drug resistant HIV-1 and association with virologic and CD4 cell count response to combination antiretroviral therapy in the EuroSIDA StudyWendy P Bannister
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:324-33. 2008..To investigate prevalence of transmitted drug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus (TDR) and factors associated with TDR and to compare virological and CD4 count response to combination antiretroviral therapy...
- Hepatotoxicity of antiretroviral drugs in HIV HCV patients with congenital coagulopathies followed at an Haemophilia Unit during a decadeS Sauleda
Blood Bank (CTBT, Hospital Vall d'Hebron, Spain
Haemophilia 12:228-36. 2006..In HIV HCV haemophiliacs, the cumulative probability of developing hepatotoxicity during follow-up is high and although in the most cases the toxicity is mild, fatal cases can occur...
- Consensus conference on chronic viral hepatitis and HIV infection: updated Spanish recommendationsV Soriano
Service of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
J Viral Hepat 11:2-17. 2004..These guidelines represent a comprehensive and updated overview on the management of hepatitis B and C in HIV-infected patients...
- Discontinuation of maintenance therapy for cytomegalovirus retinitis in HIV-infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyM Jouan
Department of Infectious Diseases, , Paris, France
AIDS 15:23-31. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: CMV retinitis maintenance therapy may be safely discontinued in patients with CD4 cell counts above 75 x 10(6) cells/l who have been taking HAART for at least 18 months...
- European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) guidelines for the clinical management and treatment of chronic hepatitis B and C coinfection in HIV-infected adultsJ K Rockstroh
Department of Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
HIV Med 9:82-8. 2008..With the introduction of new agents for the treatment of hepatitis B and increased knowledge of how best to manage hepatitis C, an update of current guidelines for management of HBV and HCV coinfection with HIV is warranted...
- Liver transplantation in HIV/hepatitis co-infectionJose M Miro
Infectious Diseases Service, Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, Villarroel, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J HIV Ther 12:24-35. 2007..Finally, this field is evolving continuously and the indications for liver transplantation or the management of HCV co-infection may change in the future as more evidence becomes available...
- Severe Legionnaires' disease successfully treated with levofloxacin and azithromycinM L Pedro-Botet
J Chemother 18:559-61. 2006
- Changes over time in risk factors for cardiovascular disease and use of lipid-lowering drugs in HIV-infected individuals and impact on myocardial infarctionC A Sabin
Dept of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and UC Medical School, Rowland Hill St, London, NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 46:1101-10. 2008..We evaluated changes in risk factors for CVD and the use of lipid-lowering therapy in HIV-infected individuals and assessed the impact of any changes on the incidence of myocardial infarction...
- Use of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors and risk of myocardial infarction in HIV-infected patients enrolled in the D:A:D study: a multi-cohort collaborationCaroline A Sabin
Lancet 371:1417-26. 2008..The excess risk does not seem to be explained by underlying established cardiovascular risk factors and was not present beyond 6 months after drug cessation...