Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Congenital rubella syndrome, hyper-IgM syndrome and autoimmunity in an 18-year-old girlPere Soler Palacin
Paediatric Immunology and Infectious Disease Unit, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Passeig de la Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
J Paediatr Child Health 43:716-8. 2007....
- Complement factor I deficiency: a not so rare immune defect: characterization of new mutations and the first large gene deletionMaría Alba-Domínguez
Unidad de Inmunología Hospital Universitario La Paz and Hospital La Paz Health Research Institute IdiPAZ, Madrid, Spain
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:42. 2012..Complete factor I deficiency is strongly associated with severe infections. Approximately 30 families with this deficiency have been described worldwide...
- A new tool for the paediatric HIV research: general data from the Cohort of the Spanish Paediatric HIV Network (CoRISpe)Ma Isabel de José
Servicio Infecciosas Infantil, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 26, Madrid, 128046, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 13:2. 2013..Its aim is to enable high-quality research studies on HIV-infected children...
- Hyperlactatemia and in utero exposure to antiretrovirals: is the control group the clue?Pere Soler-Palacín
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:752-8. 2012..No association was established between the use of ARV agents and the development of hyperlactatemia or neurological disorders in HIV-exposed children during their first year of life...
- Voriconazole drug monitoring in the management of invasive fungal infection in immunocompromised children: a prospective studyPere Soler-Palacín
Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:700-6. 2012..To evaluate voriconazole plasma level monitoring in immunocompromised children and determine the relationship of plasma levels with dose, safety and efficacy...
- [D-lactic acidosis in an 11-year-old patient with short bowel syndrome]P Soler Palacin
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas Pediátricas, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 64:385-7. 2006..The diagnosis was lactic acidosis. Outcome was favorable due to prompt instauration of treatment...
- Prospective study of renal function in HIV-infected pediatric patients receiving tenofovir-containing HAART regimensPere Soler-Palacín
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Spain
AIDS 25:171-6. 2011..to describe the impact of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) use on renal function in HIV-infected pediatric patients...
- Osteoporosis and multiple fractures in an antiretroviral-naive, HIV-positive childP Soler Palacin
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, University Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:933-8. 2007..To date, this condition has only been described in patients treated with antiretrovirals. Moreover, this is the first reported HIV-positive pediatric patient treated with bisphosphonates, which proved to be highly successful...
- Pandemic influenza a (2009 H1N1) in human immunodeficiency virus-infected catalan childrenAntoni Noguera-Julian
Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Deu, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:173-5. 2011..Most patients received antivirals on an outpatient basis. An uneventful evolution was observed in all patients, only 2 of whom required hospitalization. Influenza had no effect on the evolution of HIV infection...
- [Spanish Paediatric Infectious Diseases Society consensus document on the treatment of fungal infections based on the immune response]A Martin
Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
An Pediatr (Barc) 73:362.e1-8. 2010..The potential indications of immunity-based therapy in the paediatric patient are reviewed, although there is still a lack of scientific evidence for its use in children...
- [Spectrum of primary immunodeficiencies in a tertiary hospital over a period of 10 years]A Martín-Nalda
Unidad de Patología Infecciosa e Inmunodeficiencias Pediátricas, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 74:74-83. 2011..More than 200 primary immunodeficiencies (PID) have been described and about 60% present during childhood. Early diagnosis and treatment have been shown to improve patient outcome...
- Metabolic disorders in vertically HIV-infected children: future adults at risk for cardiovascular diseaseMarta Dapena
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 25:529-35. 2012..Numerous studies are coming from other settings and results are heterogeneous when assessing several analytical and clinical parameters...