Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Congenital rubella syndrome, hyper-IgM syndrome and autoimmunity in an 18-year-old girlPere Soler Palacin
Paediatric Immunology and Infectious Disease Unit, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Passeig de la Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
J Paediatr Child Health 43:716-8. 2007....
- Hyperlactatemia and in utero exposure to antiretrovirals: is the control group the clue?Pere Soler-Palacín
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:752-8. 2012..No association was established between the use of ARV agents and the development of hyperlactatemia or neurological disorders in HIV-exposed children during their first year of life...
- Voriconazole drug monitoring in the management of invasive fungal infection in immunocompromised children: a prospective studyPere Soler-Palacín
Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:700-6. 2012..To evaluate voriconazole plasma level monitoring in immunocompromised children and determine the relationship of plasma levels with dose, safety and efficacy...
- [D-lactic acidosis in an 11-year-old patient with short bowel syndrome]P Soler Palacin
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas Pediátricas, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 64:385-7. 2006..The diagnosis was lactic acidosis. Outcome was favorable due to prompt instauration of treatment...
- Prospective study of renal function in HIV-infected pediatric patients receiving tenofovir-containing HAART regimensPere Soler-Palacín
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Spain
AIDS 25:171-6. 2011..to describe the impact of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) use on renal function in HIV-infected pediatric patients...
- Osteoporosis and multiple fractures in an antiretroviral-naive, HIV-positive childP Soler Palacin
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, University Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:933-8. 2007..To date, this condition has only been described in patients treated with antiretrovirals. Moreover, this is the first reported HIV-positive pediatric patient treated with bisphosphonates, which proved to be highly successful...
- [Spanish Paediatric Infectious Diseases Society consensus document on the treatment of fungal infections based on the immune response]A Martin
Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
An Pediatr (Barc) 73:362.e1-8. 2010..The potential indications of immunity-based therapy in the paediatric patient are reviewed, although there is still a lack of scientific evidence for its use in children...
- [Spectrum of primary immunodeficiencies in a tertiary hospital over a period of 10 years]A Martín-Nalda
Unidad de Patología Infecciosa e Inmunodeficiencias Pediátricas, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 74:74-83. 2011..More than 200 primary immunodeficiencies (PID) have been described and about 60% present during childhood. Early diagnosis and treatment have been shown to improve patient outcome...
- Pandemic influenza a (2009 H1N1) in human immunodeficiency virus-infected catalan childrenAntoni Noguera-Julian
Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Deu, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:173-5. 2011..Most patients received antivirals on an outpatient basis. An uneventful evolution was observed in all patients, only 2 of whom required hospitalization. Influenza had no effect on the evolution of HIV infection...
- Metabolic disorders in vertically HIV-infected children: future adults at risk for cardiovascular diseaseMarta Dapena
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 25:529-35. 2012..Numerous studies are coming from other settings and results are heterogeneous when assessing several analytical and clinical parameters...