Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Can estimated glomerular filtration rate improve the EuroSCORE?Jacobo Silva
Cardiac Surgery Unit, Clinico San Carlos Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:1054-7. 2008..The inclusion of this variable could improve the discriminatory capacity of the EuroSCORE...
- Multiple procedures for coronary disease: a surgeon's perspective from the operating theatreJacobo Silva
Cardiac Surgery Unit, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
EuroIntervention 5:D34-6. 2009..The course of action selected for treatment was based on the anatomical features of the coronary lesions and the patient's clinical situation...
- Ascending aorta and aortic root reoperations: are outcomes worse than first time surgery?Jacobo Silva
Unit of Cardiac Surgery, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid 28040, Spain
Ann Thorac Surg 90:555-60. 2010..The aim of this study was to analyze surgery and survival data in the midterm after aortic root and (or) ascending aorta reoperations and compare these results with those obtained after first time surgery...
- Delayed dislocation of a transapically implanted aortic bioprosthesisLuis C Maroto
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 36:935-7. 2009..We report the case of a delayed upward displacement of a prosthesis after this procedure. It is hypothesised that the asymmetric calcification of the native valve and the presence of a mitral prosthesis caused the dislocation...
- Transapical aortic valve implantation. Initial experienceEnrique Rodriguez
Servicio de Cirugia Cardiaca, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 62:933-6. 2009..All procedures were performed successfully and there were no intraoperative or postoperative complications. Five patients were discharged between postoperative days 5 and 7 with normally functioning prostheses...
- Proteomic pattern of plasma in off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryJacobo Silva
Cardiac Surgery Department, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:1074-84. 2008....
- Skeletal myoblast implants induce minor propagation delays, but do not promote arrhythmias in the normal swine heartJavier Moreno
Optical Mapping Laboratory, Arrhythmia Unit and Cardiovascular Institute, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Europace 12:1637-44. 2010..We hypothesized that if SM implants are arrhythmogenic, they will facilitate the induction of ventricular tachyarrhythmias by promoting heterogeneous propagation of activation wavefronts...
- Evolution of vegetation size in left-sided endocarditis. Is it a prognostic factor during hospitalization?Carmen Manzano
Instituto Cardiovascular, Hospital Universitario San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 64:714-7. 2011..Multivariate analysis showed that the increase in the vegetation is independently associated with increased mortality: adjusted odds ratio, 4.12 (95% confidence interval, 1.14-14.9; P=.031)...
- Noninvasive assessment of ejection intraventricular pressure gradientsRaquel Yotti
Department of Cardiology, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1654-62. 2004....