Affiliation: Hospital del Mar
- In vivo microscopic features of nodular melanomas: dermoscopy, confocal microscopy, and histopathologic correlatesSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, 170 Villarroel, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 144:1311-20. 2008..To characterize nodular melanoma (NM) using dermoscopy, in vivo reflectance-mode confocal microscopy, and histopathologic analysis...
- Anatomy and histology of normal subcutaneous fat, necrosis of adipocytes, and classification of the panniculitidesSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar, IMAS, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Dermatol Clin 26:419-24, v. 2008....
- Development of a two-step method for the diagnosis of melanoma by reflectance confocal microscopySonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Passeig Maritim 25 29, Barcelona 08003, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 61:216-29. 2009..Reflectance confocal microscopy (RCM) has been shown to improve accuracy in the differentiation of nevus from melanoma, but only a few studies have evaluated both melanocytic lesions (ML) and non-ML...
- Dendritic cells in pigmented basal cell carcinoma: a relevant finding by reflectance-mode confocal microscopySonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 143:883-6. 2007..We studied 3 consecutive pigmented BCC by means of RCM and performed a histological and immunohistochemical correlation focusing on the presence of dendritic structures...
- Early stages of melanoma on the limbs of high-risk patients: clinical, dermoscopic, reflectance confocal microscopy and histopathological characterization for improved recognitionCristina Carrera
Department of Dermatology, Melanoma and Dermatopathology Units, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Derm Venereol 91:137-46. 2011..Although the biological behaviour of these incipient tumours remains uncertain, the most appropriate treatment seems to be recognition and proper excision...
- Dermoscopic and reflectance confocal microscopic features of exogenous ochronosisInmaculada Gil
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 146:1021-5. 2010..Exogenous ochronosis presents as an acquired asymptomatic hyperpigmentation on photoexposed areas, predominantly over bony prominences, and is caused by the topical application of several skin-lightening agents...
- Seborrheic keratosislike melanoma with folliculotropismCristina Carrera
Melanoma Unit, Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Spain
Arch Dermatol 143:373-6. 2007..Dermoscopic examination of pigmented tumors improves the diagnostic accuracy in these challenging lesions. In these tumors, numerous comedolike openings are present...
- Dermoscopy in epidermodysplasia verruciformisSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, 170 Villaroel, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Dermatol Surg 32:103-6. 2006..Patients affected with EV are not able to eliminate oncogenic viruses within lesions, leading to a malignant transformation...
- Lipomembranous fat necrosis of the subcutaneous tissueSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar IMAS, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatol Clin 26:509-17, viii. 2008..The current knowledge of the different disorders associated with LMFN is reviewed. The different postulated pathogenic mechanisms leading to LMFN are also discussed...
- Verruciform xanthoma developing in recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa: A sheep in wolf's clothingLaia Curto-Barredo
Departments of Dermatology Pathology, Hospital del Mar, Parc de Salut Mar, Barcelona, Spain Department of Dermatology, Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia, Valencia, Spain
Am J Dermatopathol 36:506-9. 2014..In vivo noninvasive image technologies such as reflectance confocal microscopy may be helpful diagnostic tools in this clinical setting...
- Vasculitis in erythema induratum of Bazin: a histopathologic study of 101 biopsy specimens from 86 patientsSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology at Hospital del Mar, Universitat Autonoma, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:839-51. 2008..Even accepting vasculitis as a histopathologic criterion, there is no agreement about the nature and size of the involved vessels...
- High-dose intravenous immunoglobulins for the treatment of autoimmune mucocutaneous blistering diseases: evaluation of its use in 19 casesSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:960-7. 2007..Recently, high-dose intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) has been employed in selected cases, with excellent results in most of them...
- Intralymphatic histiocytosis. A clinicopathologic study of 16 casesLuis Requena
Department of Dermatology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Am J Dermatopathol 31:140-51. 2009..We also discuss the possible relationship between intralymphatic histiocytosis and the so-called reactive intravascular angioendotheliomatosis...