Affiliation: Hospital de Sabadell
- Recurrent stroke as a manifestation of primary angiitis of the central nervous system in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virusCarmen Nogueras
Department of Internal Medicine, Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, Parc Tauli s n, Sabadell, 08208 Barcelona, Spain
Arch Neurol 59:468-73. 2002..Cerebral vasculitis in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is usually related to additional or secondary infectious agents other than neoplastic diseases or HIV itself...
- Bacillary angiomatosis caused by Bartonella quintanaMontserrat Sala
Infectious Diseases Program, Internal Medicine Department, Corporacio Parc Tauli, Parc Tauli s n, E 08208 Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1063:302-7. 2005..Here, we report the clinical evolution of a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) whose B. quintana infection was diagnosed by PCR...
- Epidemiological and clinical features, response to HAART, and survival in HIV-infected patients diagnosed at the age of 50 or moreMaMercedes Nogueras
Infectious Diseases Program, Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 6:159. 2006..The aim of the present study is to evaluate epidemiological and clinical features, response to HAART, and survival in elderly HIV-infected patients with regard to younger HIV-infected patients...
- Seroprevalence of Bartonella spp. infection in HIV patients in Catalonia, SpainImmaculada Pons
Infectious Diseases Program, Hospital de Sabadell Institut Universitari Parc Taulí UAB, Sabadell, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 8:58. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determinate the prevalence of IgG antibodies against Bartonella henselae and B. quintana in HIV patients and to identify the epidemiological factors involved...
- [Genitourinary mycobacteriosis: retrospective study of 45 cases in a general hospital]Marta Navarro-Vilasaró
Corporación Sanitaria Parc Taulí, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:540-5. 2008..Associated clinical symptoms are mild, and the diagnosis and treatment of this condition are often delayed...
- Disseminated infection by Mycobacterium sherrisii and Histoplasma capsulatum in an African HIV-infected patientJuan Taján
Hospital de Sabadell and UDIAT Diagnostic Centre, Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, Sabadell, Spain
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:914-7. 2013..Clinical management is complex, because there is not a clear correlation between the in vitro antibiotic susceptibility testing and the patient's clinical outcome...
- [Clinical and epidemiological study of a series of HIV-infected patients over 50 years old]Esperança Antón
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Corporacio Parc Tauli, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 23:145-8. 2005..The objective of this study is to analyse the epidemiological, clinical and evolution characteristics of a clinical series of HIV-infected patients over 50 years old at the time of diagnosis...
- QT prolongation and Torsades de Pointes in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus and treated with methadoneMerce Gil
Internal Medicine Department, Infectious Diseases Unit, Corporació Sanitària Parc Taulí Hospital de Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Cardiol 92:995-7. 2003..The sequence of events in these cases suggests that high doses of methadone caused QT prolongation and provided the substrate for syncope and Torsades de Pointes...
- [Infectious osteitis pubis]Lourdes Gabarró
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Corporación Parc Taulí, Sabadell, Barcelona, España lgabarro tauli cat
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:345-7. 2008..Infectious osteitis pubis is an uncommon disease that must be distinguished from the noninfectious form of this condition...
- Efficacy and safety of pegylated interferon-alpha2b plus ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patientsMiguel Santin
Infectious Diseases Service, IDIBELL, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:315-20. 2006..Efforts should be focused on optimizing management of side effects and counseling to improve adherence and to keep patients on treatment. Assessment of HCV-RNA at week 4 may help guide early therapeutic decision making...
- Torsade de pointes due to methadoneMontserrat Sala
Ann Intern Med 139:W64. 2003