E Ribera Pascuet
Affiliation: Hospital Vall d'Hebron
- Influence of human immunodeficiency virus 1 infection and degree of immunosuppression in the clinical characteristics and outcome of infective endocarditis in intravenous drug usersE Ribera
Infectious Diseases Service, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Arch Intern Med 158:2043-50. 1998..The impact of HIV infection and the degree of immunosuppression on the clinical characteristics and outcome of infective endocarditis (IE) in intravenous (IV) drug users has not been well characterized...
- [Cerebral toxoplasmosis]E Ribera Pascuet
Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 16:45-51. 1998..The interactions that can be produced with other drugs used to treat HIV-infected patients are generally of little clinical relevance...
- Comparison of high and low doses of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole for primary prevention of toxoplasmic encephalitis in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsE Ribera
Servicio de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 29:1461-6. 1999..61). These results indicate that high doses of co-trimoxazole appear to be more effective than low doses for lowering the risk of toxoplasmosis in HIV-infected patients and that rifampin therapy may reduce the efficacy of co-trimoxazole...
- Rifampin reduces concentrations of trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole in serum in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsE Ribera
Infectious Disease Service, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:3238-41. 2001..The steady-state AUC(0-24) metabolite/parent drug ratio increased by 32% with rifampin administration. Our study shows that rifampin reduces profiles of TMP and SMX in serum of HIV-infected patients...
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between nevirapine and rifampicin in HIV-infected patients with tuberculosisE Ribera
Infectious Disease Service, Clinical Biochemistry Service, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 28:450-3. 2001....
- Bacterial pneumonia in HIV-infected patients: use of the pneumonia severity index and impact of current management on incidence, aetiology and outcomeA Curran
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, P1 Valld Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
HIV Med 9:609-15. 2008..Despite a recent decrease, bacterial pneumonia (BP) is still the most common admission diagnosis in HIV patients. We analyse BP incidence, characteristics and prevention measures...
- A case of multiorgan failure following interruption of antiretroviral treatmentM Crespo
Infectious Diseases Service, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Paseo Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:63-5. 2004..The therapeutic strategy, which is aimed at improving the immunological control of HIV infection, can therefore be deleterious in chronically infected patients and should be avoided outside of closely monitored clinical trials...
- Accuracy of high-resolution CT in distinguishing between Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and non- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in AIDS patientsA Hidalgo
Department of Radiology, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Paseo Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Radiol 13:1179-84. 2003..Its inclusion in the diagnostic algorithm of lung infections is justified in these patients...
- Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia in Spanish HIV-infected patients in the combined antiretroviral therapy era: prevalence of dihydropteroate synthase mutations and prognostic factors of mortalityMiriam J Alvarez-Martinez
Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 62:34-43. 2008..03 and P < 0.001, respectively). The prevalence of DHPS mutants in Spain is low and is not associated with a worse outcome. Severe respiratory failure at admission is the strongest predictor of PCP outcome...
- Substitution of raltegravir for ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitors in HIV-infected patients: the SPIRAL studyEsteban Martinez
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Clínic Institut d Investigaciones Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS 24:1697-707. 2010..Switching to raltegravir in selected patients treated with ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitors may result in similar efficacy and lower plasma lipids...
- Thrice-weekly sulfadiazine-pyrimethamine for maintenance therapy of toxoplasmic encephalitis in HIV-infected patients. Spanish Toxoplasmosis Study GroupD Podzamczer
Infectious Disease Service, Ciutat Sanitaria de Bellvitge, c Feixa Llarga s n L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 19:89-95. 2000..Administration of antiretroviral therapy was the only factor associated with a lower incidence of relapse...
- Management of catheter-related Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia: when may sonographic study be unnecessary?C Pigrau
Infectious Diseases Division, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma, Paseo Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:713-9. 2003..Transesophageal echocardiography may not be necessary in these cases...
- Evaluation of a latex agglutination test (KAtex) for detection of Leishmania antigen in urine of patients with HIV-Leishmania coinfection: value in diagnosis and post-treatment follow-upC Riera
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avenida Joan XXIII s n, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:899-904. 2004..ADU by KAtex is appropriate for primary diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis, for monitoring the efficacy of treatment, and for detection of subclinical infection...
- Peginterferon alpha-2b plus ribavirin vs interferon alpha-2b plus ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C in HIV-coinfected patientsM Crespo
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Viral Hepat 14:228-38. 2007..Frequent monitoring of virological response may be very helpful to optimize treatment compliance, to tailor treatment duration and to minimize side effects...
- Efficacy of liposomal amphotericin B for secondary prophylaxis of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV-infected patientsI Molina
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:837-42. 2007..The aim of our study was to evaluate the efficacy of liposomal amphotericin B (L-AMB) for secondary prophylaxis of VL in HIV-infected patients...
- Non-tuberculous mycobacteria in the sputum of HIV-infected patients: infection or colonization?G Alvarez-Uria
Infectious Diseases Department, Vall Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Int J STD AIDS 20:193-5. 2009..3; 95% CI 1.6-11.7). In conclusion, we must suspect NTM infection in patients with long-standing symptoms, anaemia, low CD4 lymphocyte count, several positive sputum cultures and when AFB are seen...
- New evidence of risk factors for community-acquired pneumonia: a population-based studyJ Almirall
Critical Care Unit, Hospital de Mataro, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Carretera de Cirera s n, E 08304 Mataró, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Respir J 31:1274-84. 2008..Prevention would include vaccination, dental hygiene and avoidance of upper respiratory colonisation...
- Impact of prior pneumococcal vaccination on clinical outcomes in HIV-infected adult patients hospitalized with invasive pneumococcal diseaseA Imaz
Infectious Disease Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, P Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
HIV Med 10:356-63. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the influence of prior PPV on clinical outcomes in HIV-infected adult patients hospitalized with invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD)...
- Randomized trial comparing ceftriaxone with cefonicid for treatment of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in cirrhotic patientsJ Gómez-Jiménez
Service of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 37:1587-92. 1993..Ceftriaxone and cefonicid are safe and useful agents for treating cirrhotic spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, although the pharmacokinetic characteristics of ceftriaxone seem to be more advantageous than those of cefonicid...