Affiliation: Hospital Costa del Sol
- Overexpression of clusterin in human breast carcinomaM Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Costa del Sol Hospital, Marbella, Spain Virgen de las Nieves Hospital, Granada, Spain
Am J Pathol 157:393-9. 2000..09) which indicates that clusterin gene expression is not a prerequisite to cellular death by apoptosis. From these results, we suggest that clusterin may have a role in tumorigenesis and progression of human breast carcinomas...
- Detection methods predict differences in biology and survival in breast cancer patientsMaximino Redondo
Research Unit, Hospital Costa del Sol, University of Malaga, Red de Investigación en Servicios de Salud en Enfermedades Crónicas REDISSEC, Carretera de Cádiz Km 187, 29600 MarbellaMálaga, Spain
BMC Cancer 12:604. 2012..The aim of this study was to measure the biological characteristics involved in tumorigenesis and the progression of breast cancer in symptomatic and screen-detected carcinomas to identify possible differences...
- Clusterin expression is associated with decreased disease-free survival of patients with colorectal carcinomasMaximino Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Hospital Costa del Sol, CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Universidad de Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Histopathology 56:932-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the clinicopathological significance of clusterin expression in human colorectal carcinomas...
- Monitoring indicators of health care quality by means of a hospital register of tumoursMaximino Redondo
Research Unit, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Malálaga, Spain
J Eval Clin Pract 14:1026-30. 2008..Hospital registers of tumours provide, on a continuous basis, information on differences in patterns of neoplasias and the results of the treatment strategies employed...
- Prognostic implications of emergency admission and delays in patients with breast cancerMaximino Redondo
Registro Hospitalario de Tumores, Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Costa del Sol, CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Carretera de Cádiz Km 187, Marbella 29600, Malaga, Spain
Support Care Cancer 17:595-9. 2009..This study evaluates clinical-pathological characteristics and survival rates associated with emergency admission and delays in diagnosis and treatment of 411 consecutive breast cancer patients...
- Anticlusterin treatment of breast cancer cells increases the sensitivities of chemotherapy and tamoxifen and counteracts the inhibitory action of dexamethasone on chemotherapy-induced cytotoxicityMaximino Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Hospital Costa del Sol, Carretera de Cádiz Km 187, 29600 Marbella, Malaga, Spain
Breast Cancer Res 9:R86. 2007..We describe the use of clusterin-specific antisense oligonucleotides and antibodies to sensitize breast carcinoma cells to anticancer drugs routinely used in breast cancer therapy...
- Expression of the antiapoptotic proteins clusterin and bcl-2 in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomasMaximino Redondo
Departamento de Bioquimica, Hospital Costa del Sol, Universidad de Malaga, Marbella, Spain
Tumour Biol 27:195-200. 2006..12, 95% CI = 0.02-0.91). These findings indicate that clusterin and bcl-2 are upregulated in laryngeal carcinomas and their expression is related to the invasiveness of these tumors...
- Expression of bax and p53 proteins in the tumorigenesis and progression of breast carcinomasM Redondo
Area de Biopatología, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Espana
Tumour Biol 24:23-31. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the role of bax and p53 expression in tumorigenesis and progression of breast carcinoma as well as their relationship with proliferative and apoptotic activity...
- Regulation of clusterin expression in human cancer via DNA methylationAlfonso Serrano
Department of Immunology, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Campus Universitario Teatinos, Malaga, Spain
Tumour Biol 30:286-91. 2009..The present study was designed to examine the role of clusterin methylation as an indicator of clusterin expression in tumor cell lines and breast tissue samples...
- Major histocompatibility complex status in breast carcinogenesis and relationship to apoptosisMaximino Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Spain
Hum Pathol 34:1283-9. 2003..In addition, their expression is correlated with apoptosis-regulating proteins, which may influence the cytotoxicity of T cells against HLA class I-specific tumor antigens...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 tumor expression in patients with advanced laryngeal cancer after induction chemotherapy for organ preservationAntonio Rueda
Department of Oncology, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Spain
Head Neck 33:808-16. 2011....
- The role of clusterin (CLU) in malignant transformation and drug resistance in breast carcinomasMaximino Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Hospital Costa del Sol, CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Universidad de Malaga, Marbella, Spain
Adv Cancer Res 105:21-43. 2009..This review summarizes our current understanding of the role of CLU in tumorigenesis, progression, and response to treatment in breast carcinomas...
- Alterations in sperm protein phosphorylation in male infertilityM L Hortas
Area de Biotecnologia, Hospital Costa del Sol, Carretera de Cádiz, km 187, 29600 Marbella, Malaga, Spain
Andrologia 33:282-6. 2001..From these results it is suggested that in vitro treatment of spermatozoa with inhibitors of protein phosphatases may be of great value in some cases of unexplained infertility...
- Lifestyles, environmental and phenotypic factors associated with lip cancer: a case-control study in southern SpainE Perea-Milla López
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Costa del Sol, Ctra Nacional 340, km 187, Marbella, 29600 Málaga, Spain
Br J Cancer 88:1702-7. 2003..Leaving the cigarette on the lip is predictive of LC risk irrespective of cumulative tobacco consumption...
- Quality assurance of point-of-care testing in the Costa del Sol Healthcare Area (Marbella, Spain)M L Hortas
Clinical Laboratories Area, Costa del Sol Hospital, Carretera de Cádiz, km 187, 29600 Marbella, Malaga, Spain
Clin Chim Acta 307:113-8. 2001..As there is no previous experience in our healthcare system, this represents a promising new area of working with nurses, who show great interest in participating in these new programs...
- Aggressiveness features and outcomes of true interval cancers: comparison between screen-detected and symptom-detected cancersLaia Domingo
Epidemiology and Evaluation Department, Hospital del Mar IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Cancer Prev 22:21-8. 2013..Clinically detected tumors, especially true interval cancers, more frequently showed biological features related to worse prognosis and were associated with poorer survival even after adjustment for clinical-pathological characteristics...
- Has the time to come leave the "watch-and-wait" strategy in newly diagnosed asymptomatic follicular lymphoma patients?Antonio Rueda
Department of Oncology, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Spain
BMC Cancer 12:210. 2012..Based on these facts, most clinical practice guidelines recommend active surveillance policies for patients with asymptomatic FL...
- High frequency of HLA-B44 allelic losses in human solid tumorsTeresa Cabrera
, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Hum Immunol 64:941-50. 2003....
- Deletion of lysophosphatidic acid receptor LPA1 reduces neurogenesis in the mouse dentate gyrusElisa Matas-Rico
Unidad de Investigacion, Fundacion IMABIS, Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya, Malaga, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:342-55. 2008....
- NK-1 receptor antagonists induce apoptosis and counteract substance P-related mitogenesis in human laryngeal cancer cell line HEp-2Miguel Munoz
Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
Invest New Drugs 26:111-8. 2008..This new action, reported here for the first time, suggests that the NK-1 receptor is a new and promising target in the treatment of human laryngeal carcinoma...