Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Allergen profile of Protophormia terraenovae, other species of calliphoridae, and Lumbricus terrestris in anglers allergic to maggots in Cáceres, SpainS L Porcel Carreño
Seccion de Alergologia, Complejo Hospitalario de Caceres, Caceres, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 23:176-82. 2013..Our group previously found that up to 7% of amateur anglers in Caceres, Spain may be allergic to the larvae of Protophormia terraenovae (order Diptera, family Calliphoridae) used as live bait for fishing...
- Unilateral rhinorrhea and nasal obstruction in an adultR Pérez-Calderón
Allergology Department Infanta Cristina Hospital, Badajoz, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 29:204-6. 2001..Symptomatology varies according to the type of atresia and the age of the patient. The bilateral, or complete, form presents in newborns as respiratory distress while unilateral, or incomplete, forms present in older children or adults...
- Occupational asthma caused by grass pea used in the industrial processing of parquetS Porcel
Department of Allergy, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 29:207-11. 2001..Clinical and immunological studies were performed to confirm a type I hypersensitivity mechanism in a case of occupational asthma to grass pea flour exposure, used in the industrial processing of parquet...
- Allergy to asticot maggots. Identification of allergensS Porcel Carreño
Servicio de Alergia e Inmunologia, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 31:265-9. 2003..Asticot maggots should be taken into account as a possible causative agent of respiratory symptoms due to a type I hypersensitivity mechanism in anglers who are exposed to emanations of these live fish baits...
- Allergy to lansoprazole: study of cross-reactivity among proton-pump inhibitorsS Porcel
Allergy Department, Complejo Hospitalario Cáceres, Pablo Naranjo street s n 10002, Caceres, Spain
Allergy 60:1087-8. 2005
- Food-dependent exercise-induced anaphylaxis to pistachioS Porcel
Allergy Department, Complejo Hospitalario de Caceres, Caceres, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 16:71-3. 2006..Negative allergologic tests is an unusual condition, since most cases appear to be IgE-mediated. In this case, a positive specific food exercise challenge test provided a definite diagnosis...
- Protophormia terraenovae. A new allergenic species in amateur fishermen of Caceres, SpainSergio Porcel Carreño
Sección Alergología, Complejo Hospitalario de Caceres, Caceres, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 37:68-72. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of asticot allergy in amateur fishermen and the identification of marketed asticot species in Cáceres, Spain...
- Contact urticaria caused by heat-sensitive raw fish allergensS Porcel
Department of Allergy and Immunology, , Madrid, Spain
Contact Dermatitis 45:139-42. 2001..We have reported a case of contact urticaria caused by heat-sensitive raw-fish allergens in a patient who probably became sensitized via the cutaneous route...
- Corn-induced hypersensitivity pneumonitisC Martin-Garcia
Hospital Ramón y Cajal Carretera de Colmenar Km 9, 100 Madrid 28034, Spain
Allergy 58:534-5. 2003