Affiliation: Hospital Sierrallana
- Impact of empirical treatment in extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella spp. bacteremia. A multicentric cohort studyGalo Peralta
Instituto de Formación e Investigación Marqués de Valdecilla, 3ª planta, Edificio IFIMAV, Avda Cardenal Herrera Oria, 39011 Santander, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 12:245. 2012..bacteremia...
- Altered blood glucose concentration is associated with risk of death among patients with community-acquired Gram-negative rod bacteremiaGalo Peralta
Instituto de Investigación y Formación Marques de Valdecilla, 5 Planta de la Escuela Universitaria de Enfermería, Avda de Valdecilla s n, 39008, Santander, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 10:181. 2010..These alterations in blood glucose are potentially detrimental, although the precise relationship with outcome in patients with bacteremia has not been yet determined...
- Diabetes does not affect outcome in patients with Enterobacteriaceae bacteremiaGalo Peralta
Instituto de Formación e Investigación Marqués de Valdecilla, 39008 Santander, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 9:94. 2009..We performed a retrospective cohort study to investigate possible correlations between diabetes and prognosis in patients with Enterobacteriaceae bacteremia...
- [P-glycoprotein and human immunodeficiency virus infection]Galo Peralta
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Sierrallana, Torrelavega, Cantabria, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:150-9. 2008....
- Time-to-positivity in patients with Escherichia coli bacteraemiaG Peralta
Internal Medicine Service, Sierrallana Hospital, Torrelavega, Cantabria, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:1077-82. 2007..coli bacteraemia provides prognostic information beyond that provided by the presence of haematological illness, a Charlson score > or =3, a non-urinary tract origin of bacteraemia, and the presence of severe sepsis or shock...
- Impact of antibiotic resistance and of adequate empirical antibiotic treatment in the prognosis of patients with Escherichia coli bacteraemiaGalo Peralta
Internal Medicine Service, Sierrallana Hospital, Barrio de Ganzo s n, Torrelavega, Cantabria, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:855-63. 2007..There are few data about prognostic factors of bloodstream infections due to E. coli. In particular, the consequences of antibiotic resistance and of adequate empirical antibiotic treatment on outcome remain broadly unknown...
- Risk factors for bacteremia in patients with limb cellulitisG Peralta
Internal Medicine Service, Sierrallana Hospital, Barrio de Ganzo s n, Torrelavega, Cantabria, and Clinical Pharmacology Service, University Hospital Marques de Valdecilla, Santander, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:619-26. 2006..56), and proximal limb involvement (OR 6, 95% CI 3.03-12.04). Patients with limb cellulitis who exhibit any of these characteristics are at increased risk of bacteremia. In such patients, it is imperative that blood cultures be performed...
- Time to positivity in blood cultures of adults with Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteremiaGalo Peralta
Internal Medicine Service, Sierrallana Hospital, Barrio de Ganzo s n, 39120 Torrelavega, Cantabria, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 6:79. 2006..As there is scarce information about the usefulness of TTP, we study the relationship of TTP with clinical parameters in patients with Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteremia...
- [Beta-lactam-induced neutropenia. An old forgotten companion]Galo Peralta
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Sierrallana, Torrelavega, Santander, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 23:485-91. 2005..The potential for the development of neutropenia during lengthy intravenous treatment should be borne in mind in the development of new beta-lactams...
- Incidence of neutropenia during treatment of bone-related infections with piperacillin-tazobactamF G Peralta
Internal Medicine, Sierrallana Hospital, Torrelavega, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 37:1568-72. 2003..3% in the second quartile, 40% in the third quartile, and 66.7% in the fourth quartile...
- Effectiveness and safety of simplification therapy with once-daily tenofovir, lamivudine, and efavirenz in HIV-1-infected patients with undetectable plasma viral load on HAARTJulio Arrizabalaga
Unit of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Donostia, Donostia San Sebastian, Spain
HIV Clin Trials 8:328-36. 2007..To evaluate the effectiveness and tolerability of a simplification regimen with tenofovir DF (TDF), lamivudine (3TC), and efavirenz (EFV) in HAART-experienced HIV-1-infected subjects with sustained viral suppression...
- Characteristics and outcome of AIDS-related Hodgkin lymphoma before and after the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapyJuan Berenguer
Hospital Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:422-8. 2008..We analyzed survival, therapeutic response, and prognostic factors in patients with HIV-related Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) treated or not with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- [Necrotizing soft tissue infections: nomenclature and classification]Ubaldo Sánchez
Departamento de Medicina Intensiva Unidad de Terapia Hiperbárica Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla Santander Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 21:196-9. 2003..Another option would be to use only the expression necrotizing soft tissue infections, a non-specific term, since these constitute a group of clinical processes having similar pathophysiologic characteristics and therapeutic principles...