Juan Carlos Pascual
Affiliation: Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
- Utilization of psychiatric emergency services by homeless persons in SpainJuan Carlos Pascual
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:14-9. 2008....
- Immigrants and borderline personality disorder at a psychiatric emergency serviceJ C Pascual
Department of Psychiatry, Sta Creu i St Pau Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 193:471-6. 2008..Several studies have suggested that immigrants have higher rates of psychiatric emergency service use and a higher risk of mental disorders such as schizophrenia than indigenous populations...
- Neural correlates of impaired emotional discrimination in borderline personality disorder: an fMRI studyMarc Guitart-Masip
Cognitive Neuroscience Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:1537-45. 2009..Furthermore, activity at this site correlated with impulsivity score in the Zuckerman-Kuhlman Personality Questionnaire. Our findings may be related to cognitive impairment that may be characteristic of the disorder...
- Serotonin transporter occupancy induced by paroxetine in patients with major depression disorder: a 123I-ADAM SPECT studyAna M Catafau
Experimental Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Discovery Medicine, Psychiatry Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, 08005, Barcelona, Spain
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:145-53. 2006..To assess the paroxetine-induced serotonin transporter (SERT) occupancy (SERTocc) using in vivo (123)I-ADAM SPECT...
- Stages of change in dialectical behaviour therapy for borderline personality disorderJoaquim Soler
Servei de Psiquiatria, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Clin Psychol 47:417-26. 2008..The study aims at evaluating the suitability of applying the transtheoretical model (TTM) stage-of-change construct to the treatment with dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) of borderline personality disorder (BPD)...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of dialectical behavior therapy plus olanzapine for borderline personality disorderJoaquim Soler
Department of Psychiatry, Sta. Creu and St. Pau Hospital, St. Antoni M Claret 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Psychiatry 162:1221-4. 2005..The mean dose of olanzapine was 8.83 mg/day. CONCLUSIONS: A combined psychotherapeutic plus pharmacological approach appears to lower dropout rates and constitutes an effective treatment for borderline personality disorder...
- Discriminant validity of the ZKPQ in a sample meeting BPD diagnosis vs. normal-range controlsMontserrat Gomà-i-Freixanet
Department of Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Pers Disord 22:178-90. 2008..Likewise, this model correctly classified 88% of subjects with a kappa index of 0.73. The AFFM of personality appears to have a substantial power for predicting SCID-II interview-based BPD diagnosis...
- Ziprasidone in the treatment of borderline personality disorder: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized studyJuan Carlos Pascual
Department of Psychiatry, Sta Creu and St Pau Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 69:603-8. 2008..The aim of this double-blind, placebo-controlled study was to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of ziprasidone in the treatment of adult patients with borderline personality disorder...
- [Somatic conditions in patients suffering from anxiety disorders]Juan Carlos Pascual
Instituto de Atención Psiquiátrica, IAPS, Hospital del Mar, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 130:281-5. 2008....