J A Paniagua
Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- A low-fat high-carbohydrate diet supplemented with long-chain n-3 PUFA reduces the risk of the metabolic syndromeJ A Paniagua
Reina Sofia University Hospital, University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
Atherosclerosis 218:443-50. 2011..We assessed the effects of isoenergetic diets with different fat quantity and quality on the incidence and regression of the metabolic syndrome (MetS) from the LIPGENE project...
- A MUFA-rich diet improves posprandial glucose, lipid and GLP-1 responses in insulin-resistant subjectsJuan A Paniagua
Lipids and Atherosclerosis Research Unit, University Hospital Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
J Am Coll Nutr 26:434-44. 2007..To study the effects of three weight-maintenance diets with different macronutrient composition on carbohydrate, lipid metabolism, insulin and incretin levels in insulin-resistant subjects...
- Monounsaturated fat-rich diet prevents central body fat distribution and decreases postprandial adiponectin expression induced by a carbohydrate-rich diet in insulin-resistant subjectsJ A Paniagua
Lipids and Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Diabetes Care 30:1717-23. 2007..We studied the effects of three different isocaloric diets on body fat distribution, insulin sensitivity, and peripheral adiponectin gene expression...
- Oxidized-LDL levels are changed during short-term serum glucose variations and lowered with statin treatment in early Type 2 diabetes: a study of endothelial function and microalbuminuriaJ A Paniagua
Lipid and Atherosclerosis Unit, University Hospital Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Diabet Med 22:1647-56. 2005....
- Postprandial lipemia is modified by the presence of the polymorphism present in the exon 1 variant at the SR-BI gene locusP Perez-Martinez
Unidad de Lipidos y Arteriosclerosis, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
J Mol Endocrinol 32:237-45. 2004..No other significant differences were noted. Our data show that the presence of the genotype 1/2 is associated with a lower postprandial lipemic response...
- A carbohydrate-rich diet reduces LDL size in QQ homozygotes for the Gln 192Arg polymorphism of the paraoxonase 1 geneJ Delgado-Lista
Lipid and Arteriosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, School of Medicine, University of Cordoba, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
Lipids 40:471-6. 2005..These results suggest that the Glnl92Arg polymorphism of the paraoxonase gene influences LDL size and susceptibility to oxidation in response to diet...
- The SstI polymorphism of the apo C-III gene is associated with insulin sensitivity in young menF Perez-Jimenez
The Lipid and Arteriosclerosis Research Unit, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Medical School, University of Cordoba, Spain
Diabetologia 45:1196-200. 2002..We investigate if this mutation influences the peripheral effect of insulin in healthy young subjects (30 men and 29 women) eating a westernised diet...
- Basal plasma concentrations of plant sterols can predict LDL-C response to sitosterol in patients with familial hypercholesterolemiaF Fuentes
Lipids and Atherosclerosis Unit, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Ciber Fisiopatología Obesidad y Nutrición Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Cordoba, Spain
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:495-501. 2008..Pharmacological treatment and diet are both essential for the management of FH. Foods rich in plant sterols (PS) may play an important role in the treatment of patients with these disorders...
- Olive oil and health: summary of the II international conference on olive oil and health consensus report, Jaén and Córdoba (Spain) 2008J Lopez-Miranda
Department of Medicine, Reina Sofia University Hospital, School of Medicine, Cordoba, Spain
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 20:284-94. 2010..Furthermore, results of case-control and cohort studies suggest that MUFA intake including OO is associated with a reduction in cancer risk (mainly breast, colorectal and prostate cancers)...
- Cerivastatin improves insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion in early-state obese type 2 diabetesJ A Paniagua
Lipid and Atherosclerosis Unit, , Cordoba, Spain
Diabetes 51:2596-603. 2002..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that 0.4 mg cerivastatin therapy improves first-phase insulin secretion and increases insulin-mediated glucose uptake and respiratory quotient in the early state of obese type 2 diabetes...