Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Variability of MELD score during the year before liver transplantationE Oton-Nieto
Gastroenterology Service, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3887-8. 2005..This score is reliable as it does not tend to decrease in time. In high MELD scores (>17), 3-month survival was lower and variability greater so that more careful follow-up and prioritizing are needed...
- Pegylated interferon and ribavirin for the recurrence of chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 in transplant patientsE Oton
Liver Gastroenterology Service, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3963-4. 2005..Fourteen (66.7%) showed end-treatment responses but four relapsed at 72 weeks. A sustained viral response was achieved in 9 (42.8%). One patient died due to arterial thrombosis just after completing the treatment...
- Hepatitis C recurrence after liver transplantation: Viral and histologic response to full-dose PEG-interferon and ribavirinE Oton
Liver Gastroenterology department, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid
Am J Transplant 6:2348-55. 2006..006), whereas fibrosis did not change (p = 0.14). Three patients died (cholangitis, hepatic artery thrombosis and lung cancer). In conclusion, HCV therapy after LT was very effective, although it led to a significant rate of toxicity...
- Hepatitis C virus sensitivity to combined antiviral therapy in liver transplant versus immunocompetent patientsI Redondo
Liver Gastroenterology Service, Hospital Universitario Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria, Tenerife, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2195-6. 2009..9 +/- 1.9 vs 3.7 +/- 2.4 log10 IU/mL (P = .66). In conclusion, in our study HCV sensitivity to combined antiviral therapy was the same among transplant versus immunocompetent patients...
- Scarce influence of corticosteroid boluses on long-term viral load and liver histology in transplanted patients with recurrent hepatitis CR Barcena
Liver Gastroenterology Service, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2502-4. 2006....
- Accuracy of magnetic resonance cholangiography in the evaluation of late biliary complications after orthotopic liver transplantationM Muñoz Beltrán
Department of Radiology, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3924-5. 2005....
- Hepatitis C virus recurrence after liver transplantation: influence of immunosuppressive regimens on viral load and liver histologyE Oton
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Service, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid
Transplant Proc 38:2499-501. 2006....
- De novo HBV infection caused by an anti-HBc positive donor in a vaccinated liver transplant recipient in spite of anti-HBs responseG Moraleda
Am J Transplant 6:438-40. 2006