Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Changes in malaria epidemiology in a rural area of Cubal, AngolaFernando Salvador
Department of Infectious Diseases, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Malar J 14:21. 2015..The objective of this study is to describe the epidemiology of malaria at the Hospital Nossa Senhora da Paz (Cubal, Angola) and the fatality rate due to malaria (total and in children under five years) in the last five years...
- Ultrasensitive real-time PCR for the clinical management of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV-Infected patientsIsrael Molina
Infectious Disease Department, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Trop Med Hyg 89:105-10. 2013..9%. Monitoring parasite load by an ultrasensitive quantitative Leishmania PCR is useful to predict the risk of relapse after a VL episode in HIV-infected patients...
- Efficacy of liposomal amphotericin B for secondary prophylaxis of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV-infected patientsI Molina
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:837-42. 2007..The aim of our study was to evaluate the efficacy of liposomal amphotericin B (L-AMB) for secondary prophylaxis of VL in HIV-infected patients...
- Evaluation of a latex agglutination test (KAtex) for detection of Leishmania antigen in urine of patients with HIV-Leishmania coinfection: value in diagnosis and post-treatment follow-upC Riera
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avenida Joan XXIII s n, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:899-904. 2004..ADU by KAtex is appropriate for primary diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis, for monitoring the efficacy of treatment, and for detection of subclinical infection...
- Donor-to-host transmission of bacterial and fungal infections in lung transplantationI Ruiz
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Am J Transplant 6:178-82. 2006....
- Prevalence of HTLV-1/2 infections in Spain: A cross-sectional hospital-based surveyAna Trevino
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:861-4. 2010..Infected individuals are generally Spanish natives with a prior history of intravenous drug use and are coinfected with HIV-1 and/or HCV...
- Clinicopathological and immunohistochemical analysis of 20 cases of Merkel cell carcinoma in search of prognostic markersB Llombart
Department of Pathology, Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia, Valencia, Spain
Histopathology 46:622-34. 2005..To evaluate the clinicopathological and immunohistochemical characteristics of Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) in an attempt to find new, potentially significant, prognostic markers...