Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Comparative, double-blind, controlled study of intra-articular hyaluronic acid (Hyalubrix) injections versus local anesthetic in osteoarthritis of the hipAlberto Migliore
Operative Unit of Rheumatology, San Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Via Cassia 600, 00189 Rome, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R183. 2009..Comparison of intra-articular bacterial-derived hyaluronic acid (Hyalubrix) (HA) with local analgesia (mepivacaine) for osteoarthritis (OA) of the hip...
- A new technical contribution for ultrasound-guided injections of sacro-iliac jointsA Migliore
UOS of Rheumatology, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 14:465-9. 2010..However, in selected patients, local therapies may be considered. Some recent studies demonstrated the feasibility of ultrasound (US)-guided injection of SIJ, but still a complete explanation and definition of the technique is needed...
- Ranking antireabsorptive agents to prevent vertebral fractures in postmenopausal osteoporosis by mixed treatment comparison meta-analysisA Migliore
S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:658-67. 2013..Mixed treatment comparison, an extension of traditional meta-analysis, is able to compare simultaneously several drugs across a range producing a synthetic evidence of efficacy and a range of probability as to the best treatment...
- Total hip replacement rate in a cohort of patients affected by symptomatic hip osteoarthritis following intra-articular sodium hyaluronate (MW 1,500-2,000 kDa) ORTOBRIX studyAlberto Migliore
Operative Unit of Rheumatology, San Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital Research Center, Via Cassia 600, 00189 Rome, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 31:1187-96. 2012..Although further studies are necessary to confirm these data and to identify outcome predictors, hip viscosupplementation should be considered as conservative treatment to perform before proposing patients for THR...
- The impact of treatment with hylan G-F 20 on progression to total hip arthroplasty in patients with symptomatic hip OA: a retrospective studyA Migliore
Department of Rheumatology, San Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 28:755-60. 2012..There is scarce data available on intra-articular hyaluronan's ability to modify the progression of osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Intra-articular injection of hyaluronic acid (MW 1,500-2,000 kDa; HyalOne) in symptomatic osteoarthritis of the hip: a prospective cohort studyAlberto Migliore
Operative Unit of Rheumatology, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Via Cassia 600, 00189 Rome, Italy
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:1677-85. 2011..This study investigated the long-term efficacy and tolerability of ultrasound-guided intra-articular sodium hyaluronate (MW 1,500-2,000 kDa; Hyalone) injections in daily clinical practice...
- Indirect comparison of etanercept, infliximab, and adalimumab for psoriatic arthritis: mixed treatment comparison using placebo as common comparatorAlberto Migliore
UO of Rheumatology, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Via Cassia 600, 00189 Rome, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 31:133-7. 2012..This analysis may be relevant for clinical decision-making, hence improving the management of PsA patients...
- The safety of anti-TNF agents in the elderlyA Migliore
UOS of Rheumatology, S Pietro FBF Hospital, Research Center S Pietro, Rome, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 22:415-26. 2009..Applying the recommended screening before using biological treatment helps to reduce adverse events related to the therapy, and the application of the same screening in elderly patients seems to lead to comparable results...
- Relevance of 99mTc-HYNIC-tir-octreotide scintigraphy in a patient affected by sarcoidosis with lung and joints involvement and secondary Sjogren's syndrome treated with infliximab: case reportA Migliore
UOS of Rheumatology, Fatebenefratelli, S Pietro Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 12:127-30. 2008..99mTc-HYNIC-TOC scintigraphy was useful in diagnosis, choice of treatment and follow-up...
- Intra-articular administration of hylan G-F 20 in patients with symptomatic hip osteoarthritis: tolerability and effectiveness in a large cohort study in clinical practiceAlberto Migliore
U O S of Rheumatology, Ospedale San Pietro Fatebenefratelli, Rome, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1309-16. 2008..This prospective, observational, open study aimed to assess the efficacy and safety of hylan G-F 20 in a large cohort of patients with symptomatic hip osteoarthritis (OA), and identify predictors of clinical response...
- Combined use of teriparatide and TNFalpha blockade: safetyAlberto Migliore
Department of Rheumatology, Ospedale S Pietro, 00189 Rome, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 19:18-20. 2007..During the 9-month follow-up period, we did not observe any new symptomatic fractures or infections in treated patients, but we found a reduction in parameters indicating inflammation; no differences were found in biochemical parameters...
- Multiple chemical sensitivity syndrome in Sjögren's syndrome patients: casual association or related diseases?Alberto Migliore
Department of Rheumatology at San Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital and Centro Ricerche, Association Fatebenefratelli for Research, Rome, Italy
Arch Environ Occup Health 61:285-7. 2006..Three women who were diagnosed with SS showed MCS symptoms and also were diagnosed with MCS. Further studies are needed to understand physiopathogenic mechanisms that eventually may be revealed as common to the 2 syndromes...
- The symptomatic effects of intra-articular administration of hylan G-F 20 on osteoarthritis of the hip: clinical data of 6 months follow-upAlberto Migliore
Research Center S Pietro Hospital, Fatebenefratelli AFaR, Via Cassia 600, 00189 Rome, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 25:389-93. 2006..The present observation suggests the potentiality for the safety and efficacy of hylan G-F 20 injected under US guidance in patients with symptomatic hip OA. Further controlled studies are needed...
- Health-related quality of life and disability in patients with rheumatoid, early rheumatoid and early psoriatic arthritis treated with etanerceptAndrea Picchianti-Diamanti
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, S Andrea University Hospital, Sapienza University of Rome, II School of Medicine, Via di Grottarossa 1039, 00189 Rome, Italy
Qual Life Res 19:821-6. 2010..To assess health-related quality of life (HR-QoL) in patients with Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), early RA and early psoriatic arthritis (PsA), and to evaluate the efficacy of etanercept in reducing disability...
- Viscosupplementation in the management of ankle osteoarthritis: a reviewAlberto Migliore
Rheumatology, S Pietro FBF Hospital, Via Cassia 600, 00189 Rome, Italy
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:139-47. 2011..The objective of this review is to assess the efficacy of viscosupplementation treatment of ankle osteoarthritis in the current literature...
- Open pilot study of ultrasound-guided intra-articular injection of hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc) in the treatment of symptomatic hip osteoarthritisAlberto Migliore
Department of Internal Medicine, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, via Cassia 600 Centro ricerche S Pietro AFaR, 00195, Rome, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 24:285-9. 2005....
- Prevalence study of iliopsoas bursitis in a cohort of 860 patients affected by symptomatic hip osteoarthritisSandro Tormenta
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 38:1352-6. 2012..VAS index and Lequesne index were not significantly different between patients with or without IB (p ≥ 0.468). Ultrasound can detect associate findings in grade II-IV hip osteoarthritis patients with high reproducibility...
- Intra-articular use of hyaluronic acid in the treatment of osteoarthritisAlberto Migliore
UOS of Rheumatology, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Interv Aging 3:365-9. 2008..Large scale double blind controlled studies must be carried out to confirm these promising data and produce meaningful guidelines...
- Imaging progression despite clinical remission in early rheumatoid arthritis patients after etanercept interruptionB Lagana
Department of Medical Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome, 2nd School of Medicine, S Andrea University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 22:447-54. 2009..However, it indicates that joint damage may progress, despite a sustained clinical remission, after Etn suspension...
- Can Cyclosporine-A associated to methotrexate maintain remission induced by anti-TNF agents in rheumatoid arthritis patients? (Cynar pilot study)A Migliore
Operative Unit of Rheumatology, S Pietro FBF Hospital, Rome, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 23:783-90. 2010..Further studies on larger populations are necessary in order to confirm such results and identify predictor factors for different responses...
- TNF-alpha blockade induce clinical remission in patients affected by polymyalgia rheumatica associated to diabetes mellitus and/or osteoporosis: a seven cases reportA Migliore
Department of Internal Medicine, S Pietro AFaR Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 9:373-8. 2005....
- Biologic agents for rheumatoid arthritis: Can we hypothesize new strategies of treatment?Alberto Migliore
Unit of Rheumatology, S Pietro FBF Hospital, Research Center S Pietro, Via Cassia 600, 00189 Rome, Italy Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 82:117-21. 2014..According to these observations, adequate clinical trials should be designed to search for appropriate drugs associations and dosages. ..
- Efficacy and safety of viscosupplementation by ultrasound-guided intra-articular injection in osteoarthritis of the hipA Migliore
Department of Internal Medicine, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11:305-6. 2003
- High serum levels of TNF-α and IL-6 predict the clinical outcome of treatment with human recombinant erythropoietin in anaemic cancer patientsI Pavese
Department of Oncology, San Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Ann Oncol 21:1523-8. 2010....
- [Safety profile of 185 ultrasound-guided intra-articular injections for treatment of rheumatic diseases of the hip]A Migliore
Dipartimento Medicina Interna, Ospedale S Pietro Fatebenefratelli, Rome, Italy
Reumatismo 56:104-9. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the safety of this technique in an extended series of patients...
- Cyclosporine A: good response for patients affected by autoimmune disorders and HCV infection?R Manna
Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 13:63-9. 2009..Cyclosporine A (CsA), in standard therapeutic doses, has been proven able to inhibit HCV cyclophilin in vitro. Therefore CsA could improve the therapy of HCV patients with ADs...
- [18-month observational study on efficacy of intraarticular hyaluronic acid (Hylan G-F 20) injections under ultrasound guidance in hip osteoarthritis]Alberto Migliore
U O S di Reumatologia, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Ospedale, 00189 Roma
Reumatismo 58:39-49. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and the tolerability of viscosupplementation (VS) with hyaluronic acid (Hylan GF 20) in a cohort of 36 patients affected by hip osteoarthritis through a 18 months follow-up...