Affiliation: Hospital Universitario San Carlos
- Strasser Weippl K, Horick N, Smith I, O Shaughnessy J, Ejlertsen B, Boyle F, et al. Long-term hazard of recurrence in HER2+ breast cancer patients untreated with anti-HER2 therapy. Breast Cancer Res. 2015;17:56 pubmed publisher..The event rates shown for subpopulations of HER2+ BC patients suggest that in resource-constrained environments patients with HER2+â€‰HR- early BC should be prioritized for consideration of adjuvant anti-HER2 therapy. ..
- MartÃn M, MartÃnez N, Ramos M, Calvo L, Lluch A, Zamora P, et al. Standard versus continuous administration of capecitabine in metastatic breast cancer (GEICAM/2009-05): a randomized, noninferiority phase II trial with a pharmacogenetic analysis. Oncologist. 2015;20:111-2 pubmed publisher..Further investigation is required to improve HFS. Polymorphisms in several genes might contribute to interindividual differences in response to capecitabine. ..
- Martin M, Rodriguez Lescure A, Ruiz A, Alba E, Calvo L, Ruiz Borrego M, et al. Randomized phase 3 trial of fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide alone or followed by Paclitaxel for early breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100:805-14 pubmed publisher..Among patients with operable breast cancer, FEC-P treatment statistically significantly reduced the risk of relapse compared with FEC as adjuvant therapy. ..
- Martin M, Seguí M, Anton A, Ruiz A, Ramos M, Adrover E, et al. Adjuvant docetaxel for high-risk, node-negative breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:2200-10 pubmed publisher..As compared with adjuvant FAC, adjuvant TAC improved the rate of disease-free survival among women with high-risk, node-negative breast cancer. (Funded by GEICAM and Sanofi-Aventis; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00121992.). ..
- Strasser Weippl K, Horick N, Smith I, O Shaughnessy J, Ejlertsen B, Boyle F, et al. Identification of early breast cancer patient cohorts who may benefit from lapatinib therapy. Eur J Cancer. 2016;56:85-92 pubmed publisher..NNT in HER2+ HR- patients are in range with those reported from up-front adjuvant trastuzumab trials. ..
- Martin M, Brase J, Ruiz A, Prat A, Kronenwett R, Calvo L, et al. Prognostic ability of EndoPredict compared to research-based versions of the PAM50 risk of recurrence (ROR) scores in node-positive, estrogen receptor-positive, and HER2-negative breast cancer. A GEICAM/9906 sub-study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;156:81-9 pubmed publisher..ROR and EP can reliably predict risk of distant metastasis in node-positive ER+/HER2- BC patients treated with chemotherapy and ET. Addition of clinical parameters into risk scores improves their prognostic ability. ..
- Di Leo A, Jerusalem G, Torres R, Verhoeven D, Pendergrass K, Malorni L, et al. First-line vs second-line fulvestrant for hormone receptor-positive advanced breast cancer: A post-hoc analysis of the CONFIRM study. Breast. 2018;38:144-149 pubmed publisher..The superiority of fulvestrant 500 mg over fulvestrant 250 mg in patients with LA/MBC in CONFIRM was consistent in both the first- and second-line settings for PFS, and numerically greater in both settings for OS. ..
- Martin M, Fumoleau P, Dewar J, Albanell J, Limentani S, Campone M, et al. Trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) plus docetaxel with or without pertuzumab in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer: results from a phase Ib/IIa study. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:1249-56 pubmed publisher..T-DM1 combined with docetaxel ± pertuzumab appeared efficacious in MBC or LABC; however, nearly half of patients experienced AEs requiring dose reductions with these T-DM1 combinations. NCT00934856. ..
- Martin M, Chacón J, Anton A, Plazaola A, García Martínez E, Seguí M, et al. Neoadjuvant Therapy with Weekly Nanoparticle Albumin-Bound Paclitaxel for Luminal Early Breast Cancer Patients: Results from the NABRAX Study (GEICAM/2011-02), a Multicenter, Non-Randomized, Phase II Trial, with a Companion Biomarker Analysis. Oncologist. 2017;22:1301-1308 pubmed publisher..Findings point to an encouraging single-agent neoadjuvant treatment with low toxicity, which warrants future research and development. ..
- Martin M, Holmes F, Ejlertsen B, Delaloge S, Moy B, Iwata H, et al. Neratinib after trastuzumab-based adjuvant therapy in HER2-positive breast cancer (ExteNET): 5-year analysis of a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1688-1700 pubmed publisher..An analysis of overall survival is planned after 248 events. Wyeth, Pfizer, and Puma Biotechnology. ..
- Martin M, Bell R, Bourgeois H, Brufsky A, Diel I, Eniu A, et al. Bone-related complications and quality of life in advanced breast cancer: results from a randomized phase III trial of denosumab versus zoledronic acid. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:4841-9 pubmed..We evaluated further results from this study related to skeletal complications and health-related quality of life (HRQoL)...