A Martin Araguz
Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- [Prophylaxis of chronic daily headache with a simplified regimen of subcutaneous administration of botulinum toxin type A]A Martín-Araguz
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario del Aire, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Rev Neurol 45:385-8. 2007..Primary headaches are one of the most prevalent conditions in neurology. Botulinum toxin type A (TBA) has been used for years as a prophylactic measure for chronic daily headache (CDH) with varying infiltration regimens and outcomes...
- [Neurology in the court of the Learned King]A Martin Araguz
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Central de la Defensa, Madrid, Glorieta sel Ejercito, S N, 28047 Madrid, Spain
Neurologia 20:158-67. 2005..Furthermore, in the "Cantigas" he described miraculous treatments of several disorders including seizures, leprous neuropathy, dementia, rabies, and ergotism...
- [The examination of men's wits by Juan Huarte de San Juan, and the dawn of the neurobiology of intelligence in the Spanish renaissance]A Martín-Araguz
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Central de la Defensa, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Rev Neurol 38:1176-85. 2004..Since then it has been reprinted at least 80 times and translated into seven languages, which makes it the most influential Spanish contribution to medicine ever published...
- [Treatment of chronic tension type headache with mirtazapine and amitriptyline]A Martín-Araguz
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital del Aire, Departamento de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Rev Neurol 37:101-5. 2003..In this study, the qualitative and quantitative efficiency of amitriptyline is compared with that of mirtazapine (two antidepressants that act on NAd and 5 HT) in the prophylaxis of CTTH...
- [Sabuco's suco nerveo and the origins of neurochemistry in the Spanish Renaissance]A Martin Araguz
Hospital Central de la Defensa, Servicio de Neurologia, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 36:1190-8. 2003..Sabuco s ideas have been plagiarised by such renowned authors as Descartes, Willis and Glisson...
- [Pareidolia in Beato de Liébana's illuminated Visigothic codes]A Martin Araguz
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario del Aire, Madrid, Espana
Neurologia 17:633-42. 2002....
- [Neurohagiography. Lamberto Caesaraugustanus, the cephalophoric: holy patron of Spanish neurology?]A Martin
Comité Ad Hoc del Grupo de Estudio de Historia de la Neurología de la Sociedad Española de Neurología GEHN SEN, Madrid, Espana
Neurologia 17:418-28. 2002....
- [Neuroscience in Al Andalus and its influence on medieval scholastic medicine]A Martín-Araguz
Servicio de Neurología Hospital Central del Aire, Madrid, 28027, Espana
Rev Neurol 34:877-92. 2002..In this paper we review the contribution made by Al Andalus to neuroscience during the Middle Ages and its repercussions on modern neurology...
- [Neuroscience in ancient Egypt and in the school of Alexandria]A Martín-Araguz
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Central del Aire, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 34:1183-94. 2002..Despite the marked religious component that affected all its activities, the medicine of the Pharaohs was practised in a rational and deductive manner, and the Egyptians were the inventors of clinical observation...
- [Antoniana Margarita: Gómez Pereira, Francisco Lobato and the antecedents of cerebral mechanicism during the Spanish renaissance]A Martín-Araguz
Servicio de Neurología Hospital Universitario del Aire, Madrid, 28017, Espana
Rev Neurol 33:82-9. 2001..Perea was the immediate forerunner of Neuropsychology and of the methodology and organicist thought which predominates in modern Neurobiology. He was also a visionary of the Evolution of Darwin and of modern aetiology...
- [The neuroanatomy of Juan Valverde de Amusco and medicine at the time of the Spanish renaissance]A Martin Araguz
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario del Aire, Madrid, 28017, Spain
Rev Neurol 32:788-97. 2001..Vesalius and Valverde contributed decisively to the beginnings of modern neuroanatomy. Thanks to them, the brain is no longer an organ unknown to science...
- [Santiago RamÃ³n y Cajal: his activity as a military doctor (1873-1875)]J M Moreno Martinez
Hospital Central del Aire, Madrid,
Rev Neurol 35:95-7. 2002..Shortly afterwards, thanks to Dr. Jenaro Casas, he became a university lecturer, which put an end to his military career..
- [Wilson disease: a new case treated with trientine]J L Moreno Pérez-Crespo
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital del Aire, Madrid
Rev Neurol 23:145-7. 1995..Our opinion on the early detection of asymptomatic patients is commented on, along with that concerning the effectiveness and safety of therapeutic alternatives to D-penicilamine...