Affiliation: Hospital del Mar
- Treponema pallidum distribution patterns in mucocutaneous lesions of primary and secondary syphilis: an immunohistochemical and ultrastructural studyGemma Martin-Ezquerra
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar IMAS, Barcelona, 08003, Spain
Hum Pathol 40:624-30. 2009..Immunohistochemistry shows greater sensitivity when compared with Warthin-Starry staining. The immunohistochemical pattern of T pallidum distribution may permit the diagnostic differentiation of primary from secondary syphilis...
- Role of Leishmania spp. infestation in nondiagnostic cutaneous granulomatous lesions: report of a series of patients from a Western Mediterranean areaG Martin-Ezquerra
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 161:320-5. 2009..Leishmaniasis is a parasitic disease prevalent in countries of the Mediterranean area...
- Verrucous and crusty lesions since childhoodG Martin-Ezquerra
Department of Dermatology Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:493-4. 2006
- MYC gene numerical aberrations in actinic keratosis and cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaA Toll
Department of Dermatology, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Pg 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 161:1112-8. 2009..Amplification and/or overexpression of the MYC proto-oncogene have been demonstrated in several human, malignant tumours including head and neck SCCs...
- Serum prolactin levels in psoriasis and correlation with cutaneous disease activityE Dilmé-Carreras
Department of Dermatology, Sagrat Cor University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Exp Dermatol 36:29-32. 2011..Some studies have indicated an increase in serum PRL levels in psoriasis and exacerbation of psoriasis when a prolactinoma is present...
- Optimization of narrow-band uvb with a 5% oleic acid cream in the treatment of psoriasisG Martin-Ezquerra
Psoriasis and Phototherapy Center, Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Drugs Dermatol 6:290-2. 2007..However, this was not statistically significant. The fact that we did not achieve the statistical significance may be due to the small sample size. These results must be cautiously interpreted and confirmed with further studies...
- Progressive supravenous granulomatous nodular eruption in a human immunodeficiency virus-positive intravenous drug user treated with highly active antiretroviral therapyA Fernández-Casado
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar IMAS, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 158:145-9. 2008..We consider that this peculiar 'progressive supravenous granulomatous nodular eruption' should be included within the spectrum of the so-called immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome...