Affiliation: Hospital Virgen de los Lirios
- Effect of platelet-rich plasma in nerve regeneration after LASIKJaime Javaloy
Departments of Refractive Surgery, Vissum Copracion Oftalmologica, Alicante, Spain
J Refract Surg 29:213-9. 2013..To investigate the effect of topical eye application of platelet-rich plasma (E-PRP) on the recovery of corneal sensitivity after LASIK and the anatomical recovery of the sub-basal corneal plexus as studied by confocal microscopy...
- Spontaneous bilateral, recurrent, late-onset diffuse lamellar keratitis after LASIK in a patient with Cogan's syndromeJaime Javaloy
Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, VISSUM, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Miguel Herndández University School of Medicine, Alicante, Spain
J Refract Surg 24:548-50. 2008..To report a patient with severe and progressive bilateral deafness who suffered recurrent episodes of diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK) in both eyes > or = 4 months after undergoing uneventful LASIK for myopia...
- Confocal microscopy of disposable and nondisposable heads for the Moria M2 microkeratomeJaime Javaloy
Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, VISSUM, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, School of Medicine, Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain
J Refract Surg 22:28-33. 2006..To study the quality of the flap obtained with two different heads, disposable and nondisposable, and two different speeds, low and high, using the same Moria M2 microkeratome (Moria, Antony, France)...
- [Confocal microscopy of the cornea in photorefractive surgery]J Javaloy
VISSUM, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Spain
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 80:497-509. 2005....
- Confocal microscopy comparison of intralase femtosecond laser and Moria M2 microkeratome in LASIKJaime Javaloy
Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, VISSUM, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, School of Medicine, Miguel Hernandez University, Spain
J Refract Surg 23:178-87. 2007..To analyze the quality of LASIK flaps created using a femtosecond laser or a mechanical microkeratome...
- Refractive outcomes and quality of vision related to an outbreak of diffuse lamellar keratitisJaime Javaloy
Department of Refractive Surgery, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, VISSUM, Spain
J Refract Surg 27:804-10. 2011..To report the impact on visual function and corneal aberrations during an epidemic of diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK)...
- Epidemiological analysis of an outbreak of diffuse lamellar keratitisJaime Javaloy
Instituto Oftalmolgico de Alicante, VISSUM, Spain
J Refract Surg 27:796-803. 2011..To describe the incidence, causes, risk factors, and preventive strategies regarding an outbreak of diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK)...
- Comparison of four corneal pachymetry technique;s in corneal refractive surgeryJaime Javaloy
Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Alicante, Spain
J Refract Surg 20:29-34. 2004..To assess the effectiveness of optical and ultrasonic pachymetry when examining corneas of patients before and after laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)...
- Automated superficial lamellar keratectomy augmented by excimer laser masked PTK in the management of severe superficial corneal opacitiesJ L Alio
Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Alicante, Spain
Br J Ophthalmol 88:1289-94. 2004..To assess superficial lamellar keratectomy augmented by excimer laser smoothening with sodium hyaluronate 0.25%, for the management of superficial corneal opacities...
- Microbial keratitis after corneal collagen crosslinkingJuan J Perez-Santonja
Cornea and Refractive Surgery Section, VISSUM Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, and Miguel Hernández University School of Medicine, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1138-40. 2009..Collagen crosslinking with riboflavin-UVA is a minimally invasive method but traditionally requires epithelial removal, which could be a predisposing factor to bacterial keratitis...
- Inhibition of corneal neovascularization by topical bevacizumab (Anti-VEGF) and Sunitinib (Anti-VEGF and Anti-PDGF) in an animal modelJuan J Perez-Santonja
Refractive Surgery and Cornea Unit, Alicante Institute of Ophthalmology Vissum, Miguel Hernandez University School of Medicine, Alicante, Spain
Am J Ophthalmol 150:519-528.e1. 2010..To evaluate the effects of topically applied bevacizumab and sunitinib on experimentally induced corneal neovascularization...
- Efficacy of mitomycin C associated with direct conjunctival closure and sliding conjunctival graft for pterygium surgeryF De La Hoz
Alicante Institute of Ophthalmology, Avda de Denia s n, Pinar de Vistahermosa, 03010, Alicante, Spain
Br J Ophthalmol 92:175-8. 2008..To evaluate the comparative efficacy of direct conjunctival closure (DCC) and sliding conjunctival graft (SCG), with and without intraoperative mitomycin C 0.02% (MMC) for pterygium surgery...
- Laser in situ keratomileusis to correct post-keratoplasty astigmatism; 1-step versus 2-step procedureJorge L Alio
Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, University of Miguel Hernández, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2303-10. 2004..Visual and refractive outcomes were evaluated after LASIK was performed in 1 step (lamellar cut and ablation in 1 procedure) or 2 steps (lamellar cut then ablation in 2 successive procedures)...
- Follicular conjunctivitis caused by Chlamydia trachomatis in an infant Saharan population: molecular and clinical diagnosisJ Javaloy
Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Spain
Br J Ophthalmol 87:142-6. 2003..To ascertain the prevalence of acute trachoma as a supposed endemic disease among infants in the Saharan refugee camps of Tindouf (Algeria) and to evaluate the efficacy of treatment with a single dose of azithromycin...
- Intracorneal inlay complicated by intrastromal epithelial opacificationJorge L Alio
Corneal and Refractive Surgery Department, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Arch Ophthalmol 122:1441-6. 2004..To report epithelial perilenticular opacity as a new complication of intracorneal inlay implantation for the correction of hyperopia...
- Severe anaphylactic reaction after intracameral antibiotic administration during cataract surgeryJose R Villada
Clínica Oftalmológica Castilla La Mancha, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:620-1. 2005..The presence of staff trained in resuscitation was essential in this case and raises questions about the trend to perform routine topical anesthesia cataract surgery without an anesthesiologist in the operating room...
- LASIK in patients with rheumatic diseases: a pilot studyJorge L Alio
Refractive Surgery and Cornea Department, Instituto Oftalmológico de Alicante Vissum Corporation, and Medical School, Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain
Ophthalmology 112:1948-54. 2005..To investigate the safety of LASIK in patients with a known history of controlled rheumatic diseases...
- Human cornea before and after refractive surgery using a new device: VCH-1Sudi Patel
Research, Development and Innovation Department, VISSUM, Institute of Ophthalmology and the School of Medicine, University Miguel Hernandez, Alicante, Spain
Cornea 27:1042-9. 2008..To test and measure the refractive index (RI) and to estimate the equivalent percentage of water content (%WC) of the anterior layers of the human cornea before and after excimer laser photoablation using a novel contact device, the VCH-1...
- Angle-supported anterior chamber phakic intraocular lens explantation causes and outcomeJorge L Alio
Department of Refractive Surgery, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, VISSUM, Spain
Ophthalmology 113:2213-20. 2006..To investigate the reasons for explantation of angle-supported phakic intraocular lenses (IOLs) as well as the outcome and safety of the explantation procedure...
- Outcomes of ZB5M angle-supported anterior chamber phakic intraocular lenses at 12 yearsJaime Javaloy
Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Vissum Department of Refractive Surgery and Division of Ophthalmology, Miguel Hernandez University, Medical School, Spain
J Refract Surg 23:147-58. 2007..To evaluate the visual and refractive stability and the potential long-term risks associated with ZB5M phakic intraocular lens (PIOL) implantation...
- Transient light-sensitivity syndrome after laser in situ keratomileusis with the femtosecond laser Incidence and preventionGonzalo Munoz
Refractive Surgery Department Centro de Especialidades Marqués de Sotelo and Hospital NISA Virgen del Consuelo, Valencia, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:2075-9. 2006..To describe the incidence of transient light-sensitivity syndrome (TLSS) after laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) with the femtosecond laser and to identify preventive strategies...
- Femtosecond laser in situ keratomileusis for consecutive hyperopia after radial keratotomyGonzalo Munoz
Refractive Surgery Department, Centro Oftalmológica Marqués de Sotelo and Hospital NISA Virgen del Consuelo, Valencia, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1183-9. 2007..To assess the use of the femtosecond laser for laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) in eyes with consecutive hyperopia after radial keratotomy (RK)...
- Confocal microscopy and histopathological examination of diffuse lamellar keratitis in an experimental animal modelMa Victoria de Rojas Silva
Fundación Instituto Galego de Oftalmología, Rúa Ramón Baltar, s n Hospital Provincial de Conxo, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Refract Surg 23:299-304. 2007..To investigate the cell populations and structural alterations of the cornea in an experimental model of diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK) using confocal microscopy and histopathology...
- Prophylactic perioperative antiviral therapy for LASIK in patients with inactive herpetic keratitisMa Victoria de Rojas Silva
Fundación Instituto Galego de Oftalmoloxía, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Refract Surg 22:404-6. 2006..To report the outcome of LASIK in patients with inactive herpetic keratitis in which perioperative antiviral prophylaxis was used to prevent the recurrence of ocular herpes...
- Severe diffuse lamellar keratitis after femtosecond lamellar keratectomyJaime Javaloy
Br J Ophthalmol 91:699. 2007