Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hospital del Mar
- Vulvar angiomyxoma, aggressive angiomyxoma, and angiomyofibroblastoma: an immunohistochemical and ultrastructural studyFrancesc Alameda
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitari del Mar Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
Ultrastruct Pathol 30:193-205. 2006....
- Primary epidural lymphoma. Case reportFrancesc Alameda
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Neurosurg 98:215-7. 2003..To the authors' knowledge, this is the first case of primary epidural lymphoma in which immunohistochemical and molecular investigations demonstrated a follicular center cell origin...
- 3q26 (hTERC) gain studied by fluorescence in situ hybridization as a persistence-progression indicator in low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion casesFrancesc Alameda
Department of Pathology and Laboratory of Molecular Cytogenetics, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Pathol 40:1474-8. 2009....
- Axillary metastasis in a patient with double neoplasia: a case reportFrancesc Alameda
Cytopathology Unit, Department of Pathology, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Cytol 54:1133-5. 2010..Few cases have been reported to be related to other primary tumors of the breast. Furthermore, emperipolesis, a phenomenon that occurs as a result of the phagocytosis of hematopoietic cells by neoplastic cells, is observed in few tumors...
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the central nervous system with glial differentiation: a FISH study of an adult caseF Alameda
Department of Pathology, Hospital del Mar, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Clin Neuropathol 26:12-6. 2007..We present the case of an adult in which we performed a FISH study of both the glial and neuronal components. A complex array of FISH changes, not including an isochromosome 17q were identified...
- Human papillomavirus detection in urine samples: an alternative screening methodFrancesc Alameda
Department of Pathology, University Hospital del Mar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Low Genit Tract Dis 11:5-7. 2007..To investigate the usefulness of human papillomavirus detection in the urine of women with poor gynecologic attention...
- The value of p16 in ASCUS cases: a retrospective study using frozen cytologic materialFrancesc Alameda
Department of Pathology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Diagn Cytopathol 39:110-4. 2011....
- Automated screening of gynecologic cytology: a comparison of resultsFrancesc Alameda
Cytopathology Unit, Department of Pathology, Hospital del Mar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 33:25-8. 2011..To compare the results among conventional gynecologic cytology liquid-based cytology and manual screening and liquid-based cytology automatically screened...
- Large cell lymphoma-like reaction in a cervical polypFrancesc Alameda
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
Gynecol Oncol 99:481-5. 2005..Inflammatory lesions of the uterine cervix are very common, and although lymphomas in this location are rare, the differential diagnosis between both diseases must be considered in some cases and may be difficult to achieve...
- Primitive round cell liposarcoma of the omentum: diagnostic value of ultrastructural studyFrancesc Alameda
Department of Pathology, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Ultrastruct Pathol 27:433-7. 2003..This case illustrates the importance of ultrastructural study and the limitations of immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of such tumors, particularly when they grow in unusual locations...
- Activation of the BMP4 pathway and early expression of CDX2 characterize non-specialized columnar metaplasia in a human model of Barrett's esophagusDaniel Castillo
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Parc de Salut Mar and Institut de Recerca Hospital del Mar IMIM Hospital del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003, Barcelona, Spain
J Gastrointest Surg 16:227-37; discussion 237. 2012..A human model of gastroesophageal reflux disease was used to examine the contribution of a non-specialized columnar type of metaplasia (NSCM) and key molecular events (BMP4 and CDX2) in the development of Barrett's esophagus...
- Parp-1 genetic ablation in Ela-myc mice unveils novel roles for Parp-1 in pancreatic cancerNeus Martínez-Bosch
Cancer Research Programme, Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
J Pathol 234:214-27. 2014....
- Identification of a mutation in the extracellular domain of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor conferring cetuximab resistance in colorectal cancerClara Montagut
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Nat Med 18:221-3. 2012..Two of ten subjects studied here with disease progression after cetuximab treatment acquired this mutation. A subject with cetuximab resistance harboring the S492R mutation responded to treatment with panitumumab...
- Key contribution of CPEB4-mediated translational control to cancer progressionElena Ortiz-Zapater
Cancer Research Programme, Hospital del Mar Research Institute IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Nat Med 18:83-90. 2012..Taken together, our results document a key role for post-transcriptional gene regulation in tumor development and describe a detailed mechanism for gene expression reprogramming underlying malignant tumor progression...
- Validation microsatellite path score in a population-based cohort of patients with colorectal cancerXavier Bessa
Hospital del Mar de Barcelona Parc de Salut Mar Passeig Marítim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Clin Oncol 29:3374-80. 2011..However, the MsPath model's performance in an unselected, population-based colorectal cancer (CRC) population is unknown...
- Resection of the uncinate process of the pancreas due to a ganglioneuromaIgnasi Poves
Department of Surgery, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 15:4334-8. 2009..Ganglioneuroma is a rare benign tumor that can also present as a pancreatic tumor. Uncinatectomy is feasible, safe and a good surgical technique for the treatment of non-malignant tumors located in the uncinate process of the pancreas...
- Occupational airborne contact dermatitis from sporadic exposure to tetrazepam during machine maintenanceMarta Ferran
Departments of Dermatology and Pharmacy, Hospital del Mar, IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Contact Dermatitis 52:173-4. 2005
- [New advances in the diagnosis and treatment of early onset dysplasia and adenocarcinoma in Barrett's oesophagus]Manuel Pera
Sección de Cirugía Gastrointestinal, Hospital Universitario del Mar, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Espana
Cir Esp 85:331-40. 2009..This strategy will enable the oesophagus to be preserved in many patients with high grade dysplasia and indicate oesophagectomy in selected cases...
- Cytoplasmic accumulation of NCoR in malignant melanoma: consequences of altered gene repression and prognostic significanceFernando Gallardo
Dermatology Department, Parc de Salut MAR Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Oncotarget 6:9284-94. 2015..Analysis of public database demonstrated that inactivating NCoR mutations are highly prevalent in MM, showing features of driver oncogene. ..
- CDX2 can be regulated through the signalling pathways activated by IL-6 in gastric cellsLara Cobler
Gastroesophageal Cancer Research Group, Programa de Recerca en Càncer, Institut Hospital del Mar d Investigacions Mèdiques IMIM, Dr Aiguader, 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1839:785-92. 2014....
- Snail1 protein in the stroma as a new putative prognosis marker for colon tumoursClara Franci
Programa de Recerca en Càncer, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e5595. 2009....
- [Linear cystic scrotal lesions]Mireia Yébenes
Servicios de Dermatologia, Hospital del Mar, IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 97:68-70. 2006
- Inhibition of specific NF-κB activity contributes to the tumor suppressor function of 14-3-3σ in breast cancerJulia Inglés-Esteve
Cancer Research Program, IMIM Hospital del Mar Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e38347. 2012..Our findings identify a genetic signature that is important for breast cancer prognosis and for future personalized treatments based on NF-κB targeting...
- The epigenetic regulators Bmi1 and Ring1B are differentially regulated in pancreatitis and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaCarles Martínez-Romero
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
J Pathol 219:205-13. 2009..Our results suggest that Bmi1 and Ring1B are modulated in pancreatic diseases and could contribute differently to tumour development...
- Isolation and in vitro expansion of human colonic stem cellsPeter Jung
Oncology Program, Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Barcelona, Spain
Nat Med 17:1225-7. 2011..Moreover, using culturing conditions that recreate the ISC niche, a substantial proportion of EPHB2-high cells can be expanded in vitro as an undifferentiated and multipotent population...
- A sporadic multiple gastrointestinal stromal tumor with unique clinical and molecular featuresManuel Pera
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Parc de Salut Mar and Institut de Recerca Hospital del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Pathol 42:1194-9. 2011..To our knowledge, this is the first time a case of a synchronic multisporadic gastrointestinal stromal tumor outstanding for the high number of lesions, which are of independent origin, is reported...
- Granulomatous dermatitis with enlarged histiocytes: a characteristic pattern of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Report of two cases and review of the literatureMarta Ferran
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar, IMAS, Passeig Maritim 25 29, ES 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Dermatology 212:188-93. 2006..This histopathological variant of granulomatous dermatitis with "enlarged histiocytes" seems to be characteristic of an unusual cutaneous reaction secondary to CSF treatment...
- Expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors in the anal canal of women according to age and menopauseDavid Pares
Colorectal Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Dis Colon Rectum 53:1687-91. 2010..Fecal incontinence is highly prevalent, especially in menopausal women. The aim of this study was to analyze the expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors in the anal canal of women in relation to menopausal status and age...
- Susceptibility genetic variants associated with colorectal cancer risk correlate with cancer phenotypeAnna Abuli
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital del Mar, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Gastroenterology 139:788-96, 796.e1-6. 2010..Characterization of such a correlation would improve CRC management and prevention programs. We assessed the association between these genetic variants and CRC phenotype in patients and modeled pairwise combinations to detect epistasis...
- Symmetrical and bilateral tibiofibular cysts in a hemodialysed patient: a cutaneous manifestation of dialysis-related amyloidosis?Agusti Toll Abello
Dermatology 212:89-93. 2006
- Additional i(1)(q10) in a primitive neuroectodermal tumor type Merkel cell carcinoma as a primary cytogenetic changeCristina Corzo
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 142:165-7. 2003