Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Increase of cortical bone after a cementless long stem in periprosthetic fracturesEduardo Garcia-Rey
Orthopaedics Department, Hospital La Paz Idi Paz, Pº Castellana 261, 28046, Madrid, Spain
Clin Orthop Relat Res 471:3912-21. 2013..However, it is unclear whether this bone loss influences subsequent loosening...
- New polyethylenes in total hip replacement: A ten- to 12-year follow-up studyE Garcia-Rey
Hospital Universitario La Paz, Orthopaedics Department IDi Paz, P Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Bone Joint J 95:326-32. 2013..02 mm/year (sd 0.016) for the Durasul (p < 0.001). Mean linear femoral head penetration at ten years was 61% less in the Durasul than Sulene group. Highly cross-linked polyethylene gives excellent results at ten years...
- Reconstruction of the rotation center of the hip after oblong cups in revision total hip arthroplastyEduardo Garcia-Rey
Department Orthopaedics IDi Paz, Hospital La Paz, P Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
J Orthop Traumatol 14:39-49. 2013..We analyzed the clinical results and rates of revision of two different uncemented oblong cups, the reconstruction of the center of rotation of the hip, as well as the rate of radiological loosening and possible risk factors...
- Cup press fit in uncemented THA depends on sex, acetabular shape, and surgical techniqueEduardo Garcia-Rey
Department of Orthopaedics, Hospital La Paz Idi Paz, Pº Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:3014-23. 2012..Uncemented press-fit cups provide bone fixation in primary THA, but the use of screws is sometimes necessary to achieve primary stability of the socket. However, it is unclear whether and when screws should be used...
- Bedding-in and true wear in two different generations cementless porous-coated acetabular cupsEduardo Garcia-Rey
Department of Orthopaedics, Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Hip Int 20:S86-93. 2010..10 for HG II in group 1, and 0.20 for the ACS liners and 0.09 for the Duraloc cups in group 2. In conclusion, sequential femoral head penetration using Kim's digitised method allows us to distinguish between bedding-in and true wear...
- Long-term results of uncemented acetabular cups with an ACS polyethylene liner. a 14-16-year follow-up studyE Garcia-Rey
School of Medicine, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Orthopaedic Department, Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Int Orthop 31:205-10. 2007..3% with no acetabular osteolysis. Most cups showed a good clinical outcome in general, but major Acetabular Cup System liner failure and osteolysis were frequent. Patients with the ACS cups still in place should be monitored closely...
- Outcome of a hemispherical porous-coated acetabular component with a proximally hydroxyapatite-coated anatomical femoral component: a 12- to 15-year follow-up studyE Garcia-Rey
Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:327-32. 2009..2% (95% confidence interval, 72.7 to 87.6) and 77.5% (95% confidence interval, 69.7 to 85.2), respectively. Despite these good clinical results, further follow-up is needed to determine whether these prostheses will loosen with time...
- Clinical and radiographic results and wear performance in different generations of a cementless porous-coated acetabular cupE Garcia-Rey
Department of Orthopaedics, Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Int Orthop 32:181-7. 2008....
- New polyethylenes in total hip replacement: a prospective, comparative clinical study of two types of linerE GarcÃa-Rey
Orthopaedics Department, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Po Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:149-53. 2008..00002). The rate of penetration of the Durasul group was 15.7% of that of the Sulene group...
- Alumina-on-alumina THA in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a 5-year followup studyAna Cruz-Pardos
Department of Orthopaedics, Hospital La Paz, Paseo de Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:1421-30. 2012..THA is a concern in juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) owing to patients' youth, poor bone stock, and small physical size...
- The survival and fate of acetabular reconstruction with impaction grafting for large defectsEduardo Garcia-Cimbrelo
Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:3304-13. 2010..Impaction bone grafting has been used for acetabular reconstruction in revision surgery. However, most series do not establish differences in survival in revisions with differing severity of bone loss...
- Alumina-on-alumina in THA: a multicenter prospective studyEduardo Garcia-Cimbrelo
Hospital La Paz, Pez Austral 13, 5oA, 28007 Madrid, Spain
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:309-16. 2008..We observed no linear femoral head penetration. Continued followup will be required to determine if reduction in wear between the alumina-on-alumina bearings results in less osteolysis and loosening...
- Alumina-on-alumina hip replacement in developmental dysplasia of the hipAna Cruz-Pardos
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Hip Int 20:S94-101. 2010..Continued follow-up will be required to determine if the alumina-on-alumina bearings in these patients result in less osteolysis and loosening. ..
- Alumina-on-alumina total hip arthroplasty in young patients: diagnosis is more important than ageEduardo Garcia-Rey
Hospital La Paz P Castellana 261, 28046, Madrid, Spain
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:2281-9. 2009..Continued followup will be required to determine if the alumina-on-alumina bearings in young patients result less risk of osteolysis and loosening...
- Results of a hydroxyapatite-coated modular femoral stem in primary total hip arthroplasty. A minimum 5-year follow-upEduardo Garcia-Rey
Fundacion Hospital Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
J Arthroplasty 23:1132-9. 2008..It is an option in femora with good bone quality. Femoral osteopenia and cortical widening were infrequent, and the modular metaphyseal-diaphyseal junction was not a problem in vivo...
- The Evolution of the Technique of Impaction Bone Grafting in Femoral Revision Surgery has Improved Clinical Outcome. A Prospective Mid-Term StudyEduardo Garcia-Rey
Orthopaedics Department, Hospital La Paz Idi Paz, Madrid, Spain
J Arthroplasty 30:95-100. 2015..9% for group 1 and 84.3% for group 2. Patients in group 1 had a higher risk for periprosthetic fractures and radiological subsidence >5mm. Experience and the evolution of the IBG technique have improved the good long-term outcome. ..