Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Alejandra Restrepo Cordoba M, Campuzano O, Ripoll Vera T, Cobo Marcos M, Mademont Soler I, Gámez J, et al. Usefulness of Genetic Testing in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: an Analysis Using Real-World Data. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2017;10:35-46 pubmed publisher..Genetic findings are not useful to predict prognosis in most HCM patients. By contrast, real-world data reinforce the usefulness of genetic testing to provide genetic counselling and to enable cascade genetic screening. ..
- Guzzo Merello G, Dominguez F, GonzÃ¡lez LÃ³pez E, Cobo Marcos M, Gómez Bueno M, Fernandez Lozano I, et al. Malignant ventricular arrhythmias in alcoholic cardiomyopathy. Int J Cardiol. 2015;199:99-105 pubmed publisher..Malignant ventricular arrhythmias are more frequent in ACM than in IDCM. LBBB identifies ACM patients with increased risk of SCD. No malignant ventricular arrhythmias were found during follow-up in ACM patients when LVEF was â‰¥40%. ..
- GonzÃ¡lez LÃ³pez E, Gallego Delgado M, Guzzo Merello G, de Haro Del Moral F, Cobo Marcos M, Robles C, et al. Wild-type transthyretin amyloidosis as a cause of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Eur Heart J. 2015;36:2585-94 pubmed publisher..ATTRwt is an underdiagnosed disease that accounts for a significant number (13%) of HFpEF cases. The effect of emerging TTR-modifying drugs should be evaluated in these patients. ..
- Gonzalez Lopez E, López Sainz Á, Garcia Pavia P. Diagnosis and Treatment of Transthyretin Cardiac Amyloidosis. Progress and Hope. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2017;70:991-1004 pubmed publisher..This review describes the broad clinical spectrum of ATTR in detail, as well as recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. ..
- Amor Salamanca A, Castillo S, Gonzalez Vioque E, Dominguez F, Quintana L, Lluís Ganella C, et al. Genetically Confirmed Familial Hypercholesterolemia in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1732-1740 pubmed publisher..FH clinical algorithms do not accurately classify patients with FH. Genetic testing should be advocated in young patients with ACS and high LDL-C levels to allow prompt identification of patients with FH and relatives at risk. ..
- Garcia Pavia P, Tomas J, Alonso Pulpon L. Late-onset angioedema due to an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. Can J Cardiol. 2007;23:315-6 pubmed..Angioedema due to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors usually appears during the first weeks of treatment. Late-onset angioedema is often unrecognized...
- Ramos MartÃnez A, Roque F, FariÃ±as M, MuÃ±oz P, Verde E, Cuerpo G, et al. Prognostic factors of infective endocarditis in patients on hemodialysis: A case series from a National Multicenter Registry. Int J Cardiol. 2017;241:295-301 pubmed publisher..5%) died during hospitalization. HD patients with IE present a high mortality. Advanced age and complications, such as heart failure, CNS stroke or septic shock, are associated with mortality. ..
- Padron Barthe L, Dominguez F, Garcia Pavia P, Lara Pezzi E. Animal models of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy: what have we learned and where do we go? Insight for therapeutics. Basic Res Cardiol. 2017;112:50 pubmed publisher..We also describe gaps in our knowledge of the disease, with the goal of stimulating research and improving patient outcomes. ..