Affiliation: Hospital Dr Josep Trueta
- Hilar dissection versus the "glissonean" approach and stapling of the pedicle for major hepatectomies: a prospective, randomized trialJoan Figueras
Department of Surgery, Hospital de Bellvitge, Ciutat Sanitaria i Universitaria de Bellvitge, 08907 Barcelona, Spain
Ann Surg 238:111-9. 2003....
- Preoperative treatment with bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy in patients with unresectable metastatic colorectal carcinomaJ Figueras
Department of Surgery, Dr Josep Trueta Hospital, Av de França s n, 17007, Girona Biomedical Research Institute IdIBGi, Girona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 15:460-6. 2013....
- Collagen fleece-bound fibrin sealant is not associated with an increased risk of thromboembolic events or major bleeding after its use for haemostasis in surgery: a prospective multicentre surveillance studyMathias Birth
kirurgisk gastroenterologisk afdeling L, Aarhus University Hospital, NBG, Aarhus, Denmark
Patient Saf Surg 3:13. 2009....
- [Major hepatectomies are safe in patients with cholangiocarcinoma and jaundice]Joan Figueras
Servicio de Cirugia, Hospital de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Cir Esp 86:296-302. 2009..Surgical resection is the only possibility of long term survival in patients with Klatskin tumours. However, surgical resection is a challenging problem and hepatic resection is often necessary...
- [Results of hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery according to DRG in a level 2 hospital surgery department during the years 2005-2006]Joan Figueras
Servicio de Cirugía General y Digestiva, Hospital Universitario de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Espana
Cir Esp 84:146-53. 2008..To assess the results of the hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery of a surgery department during 2005-2006 using the diagnostic related groups...
- [Cephalic duodenopancreatectomy in periampullary tumours. Dissection of the superior mesenteric artery as aninitial approach. Description of the technique and an assessment of our initial experience]Joan Figueras
Sección de Cirugía Hepatobiliar y Pancreática, Hospital Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Espana
Cir Esp 83:186-93. 2008....
- [Role of intra-operative echography and computed tomography with multiple detectors in the surgery of hepatic metastases: a prospective study]Joan Figueras
Servicio de Cirugía General y Digestiva, Hospital Universitario de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Espana
Cir Esp 83:134-8. 2008..To study the performance of the intraoperative ecography in the diagnosis of new liver metastases in the era of computerized tomography (CT) with multidetectors and its impact on the surgical operation...
- Surgical treatment of liver metastases from colorectal carcinoma in elderly patients. When is it worthwhile?J Figueras
Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Hospital Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 9:392-400. 2007..The elderly are under-represented in series of patients operated on for colorectal liver metastases (LM)...
- Effect of subcentimeter nonpositive resection margin on hepatic recurrence in patients undergoing hepatectomy for colorectal liver metastases. Evidences from 663 liver resectionsJ Figueras
Department of Surgery, Hospital de Girona Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Ann Oncol 18:1190-5. 2007..To elucidate if a nonpositive <1-cm resection margin has any effect on hepatic recurrence in patients undergoing liver resection for colorectal liver metastases...
- Application of fibrin glue sealant after hepatectomy does not seem justified: results of a randomized study in 300 patientsJuan Figueras
Departments of Surgery, Hospital de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Surg 245:536-42. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy, amount of hemorrhage, biliary leakage, complications, and postoperative evolution after fibrin glue sealant application in patients undergoing liver resection...
- Impact of immunosuppression without steroids on rejection and hepatitis C virus evolution after liver transplantation: results of a prospective randomized studyLaura Llado
Department of Surgery, Liver Transplant Unit, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Institut d Investigacio Biomedica de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Liver Transpl 14:1752-60. 2008..Immunosuppression without steroids in HCV patients is safe, reduces bacterial infections and metabolic complications, and improves histological short-term evolution of HCV recurrence...
- Sirolimus-based rescue therapy after rejection in liver transplantationLaura Llado
Department of Surgery, Liver Transplant Unit Hospital, Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transplant 23:89-95. 2009..8 vs. NoR: 7.5 +/- 3.3 ng/mL; p = 0.03). We conclude that a dual therapy regimen of tacrolimus and sirolimus can achieve a high response rate as a rescue therapy for SR-AR and DR, provided it is begun as soon as possible...
- [Celiac artery stenosis and cephalic duodenopancreatectomy: an undervalued risk?]José Muros
Servicio de Cirugia, Hospital de Getafe, Getafe, Madrid, Espana
Cir Esp 89:230-6. 2011..The objective of this study is to determine whether preoperative CAS is a risk factor for developing complications in patients subjected to duodenopancreatectomy (DPC)...
- Immunosuppression without steroids in liver transplantation is safe and reduces infection and metabolic complications: results from a prospective multicenter randomized studyLaura Llado
Department of Surgery, Liver Transplant Unit, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, IDIBELL, 08907 Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 44:710-6. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of a steroid-free immunosuppression protocol...
- [Radical resection of a hilar cholangiocarcinoma. Indications and results]Laura Llado
Servicio de Cirugia, Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Universidad de Barcelona, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Cir Esp 83:139-44. 2008..The objective of the study is to review our experience in the surgical treatment of Klatskin tumours, after the systematic application of the current concepts of radicalism. Sixty-one patients resected using these criteria are presented...
- Mutations in TP53 are a prognostic factor in colorectal hepatic metastases undergoing surgical resectionDavid G Mollevi
Laboratory of Translational Research, Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Carcinogenesis 28:1241-6. 2007..009). P53 and P21 protein immunostaining did not show correlation with survival. TP53 mutational status seems to be an important prognostic factor in patients undergoing surgical resection of colorectal cancer HMs...
- Hemodynamic profile and tissular oxygenation in orthotopic liver transplantation: Influence of hepatic artery or portal vein revascularization of the graftCarlos Moreno
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Liver Transpl 12:1607-14. 2006..Nevertheless, for the remaining patients, initial portal revascularization offers more favorable hemodynamic and metabolic behavior, less inotropic drug use, and earlier normalization of lactate and pH values...
- Daclizumab induction and maintenance steroid-free immunosuppression with mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus to prevent acute rejection of hepatic allograftsJoan Figueras
Hospital de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Transpl Int 19:641-8. 2006..In conclusion, the steroid-free immunosuppressive regimen of daclizumab, MMF, and tacrolimus effectively prevents acute rejection after liver transplantation without decreasing safety...
- [Bile duct cysts in adults: surgical procedure]Joan Altet
Servicio de Cirugía General y Digestiva, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Cir Esp 84:256-61. 2008..However, the clinical presentation of bile duct cysts is common to other hepatobiliary diseases. In this article, we report on a series of patients who have been surgically treated over the last 15 years...
- Imaging techniques contribute to increased surgical rescue of relapse in the follow-up of colorectal cancerEdurne Arriola
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Duran I Reynals, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Dis Colon Rectum 49:478-84. 2006..This study analyzes the results of a follow-up policy in colorectal cancer at our institution and evaluates the possible benefit provided by each test performed...
- Laparoscopic liver surgery: 8 years of multicenter Spanish registerEsteve Cugat
Hepato Bilio Pancreatic Unit of Hospital Mutua de Terrassa, C Plaza Dr Robert no 5, 08221, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 17:262-8. 2010..To present the data of laparoscopy in liver surgery and to assess the real indications and outcomes of this kind of approach...
- How to transect the liver? A history lasting more than a centuryRocco Scalzone
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, Dr Josep Trueta Hospital, IdlBGi, Girona, Spain
Dig Surg 29:30-4. 2012..The devices available should be used within the limits of each instrument, as well as the surgical skills of the surgeon. Probably the best option should be a combined approach...
- Liver transplantation in patients with hepatic hydrothoraxXavier Xiol
Division of Gastroenterology and Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Transpl Int 18:672-5. 2005..Presence of hepatic hydrothorax does not imply more postoperative complications, and long-term survival is similar to other indications of hepatic cirrhosis...
- [Massive liver metastases from colorectal cancer]Joan Figueras
Cir Esp 77:313-4. 2005
- Spanish experience in liver transplantation for hilar and peripheral cholangiocarcinomaRicardo Robles
Virgen de la Arrixaca University Hospital, Murcia
Ann Surg 239:265-71. 2004..The aim of this paper is to review the Spanish experience in OLT for hilar and peripheral cholangiocarcinoma and to try to identify the prognostic factors that could influence survival...
- Pretransplantation risk factors for graft loss after liver transplantation in cirrhotic patients; effect of cytomegalovirus serologic statusJosep Maria Castellví
Gastroenterology Department, Hospital de Mataro, Ctra Cirera s n, Mataro, 08304 Barcelona, Spain
Transpl Int 17:131-7. 2004..97, 95% confidence interval=1.05-8.39; P=0.039). Donor CMV-seropositivity is a significant pretransplantation determinant for graft loss in liver transplant recipients...
- Evolving technology in bipolar perfused radiofrequency ablation: assessment of efficacy, predictability and safety in a pig liver modelFernando Burdio
Department of Surgery A, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
Eur Radiol 16:1826-34. 2006..This method has been shown to determine: (1) the relative control of impedance during the procedure; (2) ovoid and relatively large thermal lesions with less dependence upon closest vessels...
- Urgent need for a new staging system in advanced colorectal cancerGraeme J Poston
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, L9 7AL, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:4828-33. 2008....
- Changing strategies in surgical treatment of colorectal liver metastases: state of the artJoan Figueras
Clin Transl Oncol 7:229-31. 2005