Affiliation: Hospital de Sabadell
- Effectiveness of treatments for severe sepsis: a prospective, multicenter, observational studyRicard Ferrer
Critical Care Center, Hospital de Sabadell, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Sabadell, Spain
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:861-6. 2009..Several Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines recommendations are reevaluated...
- Effectiveness of treatments for severe sepsis: data from the bundle implementation programsR Ferrer
Critical Care Center, Hospital de Sabadell, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto Universitario Parc Tauli, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Minerva Anestesiol 77:360-5. 2011..Hospitals should recognize this new evidence and design strategies to guarantee bundled care for severe sepsis...
- Improvement in process of care and outcome after a multicenter severe sepsis educational program in SpainRicard Ferrer
Centro de Críticos, Hospital de Sabadell, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto Universitario Parc Tauli, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
JAMA 299:2294-303. 2008..Concern exists that current guidelines for care of patients with severe sepsis and septic shock are followed variably, possibly due to a lack of adequate education...
- [Role of coagulation in acute pulmonary lesion physiopathology. Parallelism with sepsis]R Ferrer
Centro de Críticos, Hospital de Sabadell, Corporación Sanitaria Parc Taulí, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto Universitario Parc Tauli, Universidad Autonoma, Barcelona, Espana
Med Intensiva 32:304-11. 2008....
- Physiologic parameters as biomarkers: what can we learn from physiologic variables and variation?Ricard Ferrer
Critical Care Center, Hospital de Sabadell, Parc Tauli s n, 08208 Sabadell, Spain
Crit Care Clin 27:229-40. 2011..Physiologic variability of heart rate and body temperature is reduced in sepsis and measuring the variability of these parameters can be useful for the diagnosis and prognosis of sepsis...
- Cost-effectiveness of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign protocol for severe sepsis: a prospective nation-wide study in SpainDavid Suarez
Unidad de Epidemiología y Evaluación, Instituto Universitario Fundación Parc Tauli, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Sabadell Barcelona, Spain
Intensive Care Med 37:444-52. 2011..Severe sepsis is associated with high mortality and increased costs. The 'Surviving Sepsis Campaign' (SSC) protocol was developed as an international initiative to reduce mortality. However, its cost-effectiveness is unknown...
- Causes and predictors of nonresponse to treatment of intensive care unit-acquired pneumoniaMalina Ioanas
Institut Clinic de Pneumologia i Cirurgia Toracica, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Crit Care Med 32:938-45. 2004..To prospectively evaluate the predictive factors for the nonresponse to empirical antibiotic treatment and mortality in patients with intensive care unit-acquired pneumonia...
- Efficacy of single-dose antibiotic against early-onset pneumonia in comatose patients who are ventilatedJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, Consorci Hospitalari Universitari Parc Taulí, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Sabadell, Spain
Chest 143:1219-25. 2013..Comatose patients were studied to evaluate the efficacy of a single-dose of antibiotic prophylaxis at intubation against EO-VAP...
- Effectiveness of an inspiratory pressure-limited approach to mechanical ventilation in septic patientsIgnacio Martin-Loeches
Critical Care Centre, Corporación Sanitaria Universitaria Parc Tauli, Sabadell University Hospital, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Sabadell, Spain
Eur Respir J 41:157-64. 2013..84, 95% CI 0.72-0.99; p=0.038). ALI in sepsis was associated with higher mortality, especially when an inspiratory pressure-limited mechanical ventilation approach was not implemented...
- Treatment strategies for central venous catheter infectionsCaroline Sabatier
Hospital de Sabadell, Centre de Critics, Intensive Care Unit, Sabadell, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:2231-43. 2009..Glycopeptide antibiotics are widely used for empirical treatment because of the high prevalence of staphylococcal infections. Antibiotic therapy should be reassessed when culture and sensitivity results are known...
- Bloodstream infection in the ICUJordi Valles
Critical Care Center, Hospital Sabadell, Institut Universitari Parc Tauli UAB, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Parc Tauli s n, Sabadell 08208, Spain
Infect Dis Clin North Am 23:557-69. 2009..This article discusses the clinical importance of BSI, including hospital- and community-acquired episodes in the ICU...
- Immunomodulation in sepsis: the role of endotoxin removal by polymyxin B-immobilized cartridgeElisabeth Esteban
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Passeig Sant Joan de Deu, 2 08950, Universitat de Barcelona, Esplugues de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Mediators Inflamm 2013:507539. 2013..In this paper, we summarize the immune modulation actions of Polymyxin B-immobilized cartridge to explore its potential usefulness beyond endotoxin elimination. ..
- The impact of a quality improvement intervention to reduce nosocomial infections in a PICUElisabeth Esteban
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Crit Care Med 14:525-32. 2013..To evaluate whether a quality improvement intervention could reduce nosocomial infection rates in a PICU and improve patient outcomes...
- Clinical review: non-antibiotic strategies for preventing ventilator-associated pneumoniaRicard Ferrer
Centre de Critics, Hospital de Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
Crit Care 6:45-51. 2002..The appropriate use of these techniques can reduce the incidence of NP in intensive care unit patients...