Affiliation: Hospital del Mar
- Gender differences in health related quality of life of young heroin usersAntonia Domingo-Salvany
Drug Abuse Epidemiology Research Group, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Dr Aiguader 88, Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:145. 2010..In this study we ascertain factors related to HRQL of young opiate users recruited outside treatment facilities, considering both genders separately...
- [Proposals for social class classification based on the Spanish National Classification of Occupations 2011 using neo-Weberian and neo-Marxist approaches]Antonia Domingo-Salvany
IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, España Ciber de Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, España Electronic address
Gac Sanit 27:263-72. 2013..These proposals are complemented by a proposed classification of educational level that integrates the various curricula in Spain and provides correspondences with the International Standard Classification of Education...
- Methadone treatment in Spain, 1994A Domingo-Salvany
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Drug Alcohol Depend 56:61-6. 1999..Studied centers revealed only a moderate adherence to procedures considered to be effective in HIV prevention. Given the magnitude of HIV infection in Spain, there is a clear need for improvement...
- Health-related quality of life and mortality in male patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseAntonia Domingo-Salvany
Health Services Research Unit and Respiratory and Environmental Health Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:680-5. 2002..6. HRQL measures provide independent and relevant information on the health status of male patients with COPD. Their use should be considered for a more thorough evaluation and staging of patients with COPD...
- [Methadone maintenance programs with supplementary services: a cost-effectiveness study]E Puigdollers
Unitat de Recerca en Serveis Sanitaris Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM Barcelona Spain
Gac Sanit 17:123-30. 2003..The aim of this study was to examine the cost-effectiveness of three MMPs that offered varying levels of supplementary services. Health-related quality of life was used as a measure of effectiveness...
- Incidence of psychopathology in a cohort of young heroin and/or cocaine usersM Jesús Herrero
Drug Abuse Epidemiology Research Group, IMIM Institut de Recerca de l Hospital del Mar, Doctor Aiguader 88, E 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Subst Abuse Treat 41:55-63. 2011..Having received drug treatment ever (at baseline) or during follow-up was not associated with progress of SUD. An overall improvement in the psychiatric status of these young substance users was observed...
- Impact of co-occurring psychiatric disorders on retention in a methadone maintenance program: an 18-month follow-up studyMònica Astals
Institute of Psychiatry and Addiction, Hospital del Mar and Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Environ Res Public Health 6:2822-32. 2009..672] were related to retention. In the follow-up period 19 new diagnoses were made, mainly major depression and antisocial and borderline personality disorders. Co-occurring psychiatric disorders should be assessed during MMT follow-up...
- Gender differences in health-related quality of life among the elderly: the role of objective functional capacity and chronic conditionsFrancesc Orfila
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Soc Sci Med 63:2367-80. 2006..2 points (p = 0.18) after adjusting for all the other variables. In conclusion, our data suggest that worse reported HRQL in elderly women is mainly due to a higher prevalence of disability and chronic conditions...
- Impact of substance dependence and dual diagnosis on the quality of life of heroin users seeking treatmentMònica Astals
Department of Psychiatry and Drug Abuse and Psychiatric Research Group, Hospital del Mar IAPS and Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM, and Departament de Psiquiatria i Medicina Legal, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Subst Use Misuse 43:612-32. 2008..Mean scores for PCS-12 and MCS-12 were 44.1+/-10.1 and 39.9+/-11.7, without differences by presence or absence of dual diagnosis. Heroin users on methadone treatment showed a high prevalence of dual diagnosis and a very impaired HRQoL...
- Psychiatric comorbidity in young cocaine users: induced versus independent disordersM Jesús Herrero
Health Services Research Unit IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Addiction 103:284-93. 2008..To examine the psychiatric status of young cocaine users using a validated instrument for the evaluation of psychiatric comorbidity, emphasizing the distinction between independent and induced psychiatric conditions...
- Injecting, sexual risk behaviors and HIV infection in young cocaine and heroin users in SpainM Teresa Brugal
Agència de Salut Pública de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Addict Res 15:171-8. 2009..To evaluate differences between young cocaine users and heroin users (HUs) regarding the prevalence of sexual and injection risk behavior, and HIV, HCV and HBV infection...
- The utilization of dental care services according to health insurance coverage in Catalonia (Spain)Vladimir Pizarro
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 37:78-84. 2009..2 and 1.5 at 1994 and 2002, respectively); as well as the positive evolution of the overall rate of dental service care use in the previous year, from 26.7% in 1994 to 34.3% in 2002. Future studies will be needed to monitor this tendency...
- Psychiatric morbidity among young-adults cannabis usersAida M Cuenca-Royo
Drug Abuse Epidemiology Research Group, IMIM Institut Hospital del Mar d Investigacions Mèdiques, Spain
Adicciones 25:45-53. 2013..Given the low perception for need of treatment, there is a need for prevention strategies and to be able to offer therapies specifically tailored targeting young cannabis users...
- Problematic heroin use incidence trends in SpainAlbert Sanchez-Niubó
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Addiction 104:248-55. 2009..To estimate the annual incidence of heroin use in Spain...
- Psychiatric comorbidity in illicit drug users: substance-induced versus independent disordersMarta Torrens
Substance Use Disorders Research Group, Institut de Recerca Hospital del Mar IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Drug Alcohol Depend 113:147-56. 2011..In this study we determine the risks associated with independent and substance-induced psychiatric disorders among a sample of 629 illicit drug users recruited from treatment and out of treatment settings...
- Clinical evaluation of the Triage analytic device for drugs-of-abuse testingR de la Torre
Departamento de Farmacologia y Toxicologia, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona
Clin Chem 42:1433-8. 1996..Globally, the Triage device, in a clinical situation, demonstrated performance comparable with that of an instrument-based immunoassay and, in some cases (e.g., for benzodiazepines), the Triage performance was even better...
- Qualitative evaluation of chromatographic data from quality control schemes using a support vector machineM Ventura
Unitat de Recerca en Farmacologia, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica Hospital del Mar, Parc de Recerca Biomedica de Barcelona, Doctor Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Analyst 133:105-11. 2008....
- Psychometric properties of the CAST and SDS scales in young adult cannabis usersAida M Cuenca-Royo
Drug Abuse Epidemiology Research Group, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Doctor Aiguader 88, E 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Addict Behav 37:709-15. 2012..To assess the validity of two cannabis use severity scales among young cannabis users and to evaluate their ability to detect Substance Use Disorders (SUD)...
- Personality profile in young current regular users of cocaineM Jesús Herrero
Health Services Research Unit IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Subst Use Misuse 43:1378-94. 2008..The limitations and implications of the study are discussed...
- Evaluating the impact of methadone maintenance programmes on mortality due to overdose and aids in a cohort of heroin users in SpainM T Brugal
Public Health Agency ASPB, Barcelona Autonomous University UAB, Barcelona, Spain
Addiction 100:981-9. 2005..To assess the relationship between methadone treatment (MT) and overdose and HIV/AIDS mortality among heroin users resident in Barcelona city...
- A multi-state model to estimate incidence of heroin useAlbert Sanchez-Niubó
Drug Abuse Epidemiology Research Group, IMIM Institut de Recerca Hospital del Mar, Doctor Aiguader 88, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:4. 2013..Existing incidence estimates of heroin use are usually based on one information source. This study aims to incorporate more sources to estimate heroin use incidence trends in Spain between 1971 and 2005...
- [The Spanish version of the Short Form 36 Health Survey: a decade of experience and new developments.]Gemma Vilagut
, , Barcelona, Spain
Gac Sanit 19:135-50. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: The Spanish version of the SF-36 and its recently developed versions is a suitable instrument for use in medical research, as well as in clinical practice...