Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Targeting the microtubules in breast cancer beyond taxanes: the epothilonesJavier Cortes
Department of Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Oncologist 12:271-80. 2007..The results of these studies are eagerly awaited and it is anticipated that epothilones may become an important treatment option in patients with breast cancer...
- Phase II study of the halichondrin B analog eribulin mesylate in patients with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer previously treated with an anthracycline, a taxane, and capecitabineJavier Cortes
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 28:3922-8. 2010....
- Safety of bevacizumab in metastatic breast cancer patients undergoing surgeryJavier Cortes
Department of Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Cancer 48:475-81. 2012..Evaluate the safety of surgery in relation to bevacizumab in the first-line treatment of metastatic breast cancer (mBC) in two international trials...
- HER2 and hormone receptor-positive breast cancer--blocking the right targetJavier Cortes
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Oncology Department, Breast Cancer Unit, Paseo Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 8:307-11. 2011..In this article, we highlight the importance of considering chemotherapy and anti-HER2 therapy as the standard of care in HER2-positive and hormone receptor-positive tumors...
- Eribulin mesylate: a promising new antineoplastic agent for locally advanced or metastatic breast cancerJavier Cortes
Department of Medical Oncology, Breast Cancer Unit, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Future Oncol 7:355-64. 2011..In addition, eribulin has a manageable tolerability profile, requires no premedication and has shorter infusion times than most other microtubule-targeted agents...
- Prognostic factors for disease-free survival in patients with T3-4 or N+ rectal cancer treated with preoperative chemoradiation therapy, surgery, and intraoperative irradiationJuan A Diaz-Gonzalez
Department of Oncology, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Navarra, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:1122-8. 2006..Potential predictive factors for response and disease-free survival, with intense local multidisciplinary approach, are analyzed...
- Pregnancy after treatment of breast cancer in young women does not adversely affect the prognosisOctavi Córdoba
Breast Cancer Unit, Service of Gynecology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Breast 21:272-5. 2012..009). Breast cancer patients presented a high number of unwanted pregnancies. Pregnancy after breast cancer not only did not adversely affect prognosis of the neoplasm but also may have a protective effect...
- Outcome of patients following hepatic resection for metastatic cutaneous and ocular melanomaMireia Caralt
Department of Hepatobiliopancreatic Surgery and Transplants, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red de Enfermedades Hepaticas y Digestivas CIBERehd, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 18:268-75. 2011..The aim of this study was to analyze the outcome of patients undergoing hepatic resection for melanoma liver metastases...
- Beyond taxanes: the next generation of microtubule-targeting agentsJavier Cortes
Breast Cancer Program, Department of Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:821-30. 2012..The development of new microtubule-targeting agents helps to address the need for additional effective regimens for patients progressing after standard treatment with anthracycline- and taxane-containing regimens...
- Eribulin monotherapy versus treatment of physician's choice in patients with metastatic breast cancer (EMBRACE): a phase 3 open-label randomised studyJavier Cortes
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Vall d Hebron Institute of Oncology, Barcelona, Spain
Lancet 377:914-23. 2011..Eribulin mesilate is a non-taxane microtubule dynamics inhibitor with a novel mode of action. We aimed to compare overall survival of heavily pretreated patients receiving eribulin versus currently available treatments...
- Complete pathological remission in a patient with hormone-receptor positive and c-erbB-2 expression-negative breast cancer treated with FAC chemotherapy during pregnancyOctavi Córdoba
Breast Unit, Service of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Vail d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Tumori 96:629-32. 2010..This case illustrates how the integrated work of different specialists can obtain excellent oncological and obstetrical results in the care of pregnant women with breast cancer...
- Nonpegylated liposomal doxorubicin (TLC-D99), paclitaxel, and trastuzumab in HER-2-overexpressing breast cancer: a multicenter phase I/II studyJavier Cortes
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 15:307-14. 2009....
- Docetaxel combined with targeted therapies in metastatic breast cancerJavier Cortes
Department of Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Treat Rev 38:387-96. 2012..Overall, docetaxel in combination with novel targeted agents in MBC appears to be highly active in patients with MBC, and such combinations represent promising treatment regimens for clinical investigation...
- Cost-effectiveness analyses of docetaxel versus paclitaxel once weekly in patients with metastatic breast cancer in progression following anthracycline chemotherapy, in SpainCarmen Frias
Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 12:692-700. 2010..Our aim was to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of docetaxel versus weekly paclitaxel regimen in patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with anthracycline from the Spanish National Health Service (NHS) perspective...
- Phase II trial of pertuzumab and trastuzumab in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer that progressed during prior trastuzumab therapyJose Baselga
Vall d Hebron Institute of Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Paseo Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona, Spain E 08035
J Clin Oncol 28:1138-44. 2010..This phase II trial assessed the efficacy and safety profile of the combination in patients with HER2-positive breast cancer whose disease had progressed during prior trastuzumab-based therapy...
- Advances in first-line treatment for patients with HER-2+ metastatic breast cancerLeticia De Mattos-Arruda
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Oncologist 17:631-44. 2012..Although anti-HER-2 therapy with trastuzumab and chemotherapy is the standard first-line treatment, the best therapeutic regimen has yet to be defined, and new strategies are evolving...
- Chemotherapy and role of the proliferation marker Ki-67 in digestive neuroendocrine tumorsEduardo Vilar
Department of Medical Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:221-32. 2007..Also a comprehensive review of the literature about chemotherapy in NETs is presented...
- Breast cancer and HSP90 inhibitors: is there a role beyond the HER2-positive subtype?Leticia De Mattos-Arruda
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Paseo Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Breast 21:604-7. 2012..In this article, we revisit HSP90 inhibitors in the context of breast cancer and discuss some notable preclinical data that reveal potential roles in both hormonal receptor-positive and triple negative breast tumor subtypes...
- Implication of breast cancer phenotype for patients with leptomeningeal carcinomatosisDavis Torrejón
Breast Cancer Center, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Passeig de la Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Breast 22:19-23. 2013..We aimed to study the implications of breast cancer (BC) subtypes for the development and prognosis of leptomeningeal carcinomatosis (LC)...
- Eribulin mesylate, a novel microtubule inhibitor in the treatment of breast cancerJavier Cortes
Department of Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Treat Rev 38:143-51. 2012....
- Preoperative chemoradiation with oral tegafur within a multidisciplinary therapeutic approach in patients with T3-4 rectal cancerJuan A Diaz-Gonzalez
Department of Oncology, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:1378-84. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity in terms of downstaging histologic patterns of residual tumor and clinical tolerance of a neoadjuvant chemoradiation program with oral tegafur for rectal cancer...
- Cyclin E amplification/overexpression is a mechanism of trastuzumab resistance in HER2+ breast cancer patientsMaurizio Scaltriti
Departments of Medical Oncology and Molecular Pathology, Vall d Hebron Institute of Oncology, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3761-6. 2011....
- Epidermal growth factor receptor pathway inhibitorsJose Baselga
Medical Oncology Service, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Chemother Biol Response Modif 22:205-23. 2005
- Hepatic resection for liver metastases as part of the "oncosurgical" treatment of metastatic breast cancerMireia Caralt
Department of Hepatobiliopancreatic Surgery and Transplants, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Paseo Vall d Hebron119 129, Barcelona, 08035, Spain
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2804-10. 2008..Metastatic breast cancer is considered an incurable disease despite new therapies. Recent studies suggest that liver resection associated with systemic treatment may improve patient survival...
- Prognostic and predictive factors and genetic analysis of early breast cancerMiguel Martin
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 11:634-42. 2009....
- Combined irinotecan, oxaliplatin and 5-fluorouracil in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. a feasibility pilot studyEmiliano Calvo
Department of Oncology, Division of Medical Oncology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, University of Navarra, Navarra, Spain
Oncology 63:254-65. 2002..To evaluate the feasibility and a possible activity range of combination irinotecan (CPT-11), oxaliplatin, and 5-FU in advanced colorectal cancer (ACC)...
- Dasatinib plus capecitabine for advanced breast cancer: safety and efficacy in phase I study CA180004George Somlo
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:1884-93. 2013..We aimed to assess toxicity and maximum tolerated dose (MTD) for dasatinib plus capecitabine, estimate efficacy, and explore effects on angiogenesis...
- Current situation: lower genital tract pathology and colposcopy training in spanish gynecology and obstetrics residentsNúria Laia Rodríguez-Mias
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Low Genit Tract Dis 17:12-6. 2013..This didactic change was carried out under the auspices of the Asociación Española de Patología Cervical y Colposcopia and the Sociedad Española Ginecología y Obstetricia and its Resident Section...
- Do we need biomarkers to predict the benefit of adding adjuvant taxanes for treatment of breast cancer?Jose Perez-Garcia
Breast Cancer Unit, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Breast Cancer Res 14:104. 2012..For this reason, the Ki67 index might help to better define the group of patients who could have the optimal benefit...
- Molecular pathways: targeting hsp90--who benefits and who does notMaurizio Scaltriti
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:4508-13. 2012..Several ongoing studies testing different combinations of Hsp90 inhibitors with other targeted agents will confirm whether Hsp90 inhibition can potentiate the efficacy of targeted therapy and/or prevent the emergence of drug resistance...
- New approaches in angiogenic targeting for colorectal cancerAleix Prat
Department of Medical Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Paseo Vall d Hebron, 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 13:5857-66. 2007..In this review we discuss and highlight current and future approaches in angiogenic targeting for CRC...
- Eribulin mesylate as a microtubule inhibitor for treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancerEva Muñoz-Couselo
Breast Cancer Unit, Vall d Hebron Institute of Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Onco Targets Ther 4:185-92. 2011..This review will focus on eribulin as a new active agent for MBC and its role in the management of breast disease...
- Paclitaxel, cisplatin, and vinorelbine combination chemotherapy in metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerJavier Cortes
Department of Oncology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Am J Clin Oncol 27:299-303. 2004..3 weeks and the median overall survival was 31.3 weeks. This three-drug chemotherapy combination is feasible, well tolerated, and shows activity in metastatic NSCLC...
- Expression of p95HER2, a truncated form of the HER2 receptor, and response to anti-HER2 therapies in breast cancerMaurizio Scaltriti
Medical Oncology Program, Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital and Research Institute, Barcelona 08035, Spain
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:628-38. 2007....