Affiliation: Hospital del Mar
- [Bibliometric map of Spain 1994-2002: biomedicine and health sciences]Jordi Camí
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:93-101. 2005..The present study is a 1994-2002 update of the Spanish biomedical bibliometric map that follows other reports already published in Medicina Clinica concerning the previous periods 1986-1989 and 1990-1993...
- [Spanish scientific production in biomedicine and health sciences during the period 1990-1993 (Science Citation Index and Social Science Citation Index) and comparison to period 1986-1989]J Cami
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM, Barcelona
Med Clin (Barc) 109:481-96. 1997..This paper analyses the period 1990-1993, offers a wider coverage including the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) database, and compares both time periods...
- Human pharmacology of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine ("ecstasy"): psychomotor performance and subjective effectsJ Cami
Pharmacology Unit, Institut Muncipal d Investigació Mèdica, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:455-66. 2000..These data support the abuse liability of MDMA...
- Drug addictionJordi Camí
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
N Engl J Med 349:975-86. 2003
- Non-linear pharmacokinetics of MDMA ('ecstasy') in humansR de la Torre
Pharmacology Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM, Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
Br J Clin Pharmacol 49:104-9. 2000..A clinical trial was designed for the evaluation of MDMA pharmacological effects and pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers...
- Human pharmacology of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, ecstasy) after repeated doses taken 2 h apartA M Peiró
Human Pharmacology and Clinical Neurosciences Research Group, Neurosciences Research Programme, IMIM Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute, Doctor Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 225:883-93. 2013..3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, ecstasy) is one of the most abused recreational drugs. Its usual pattern of misuse includes repeated doses taken over a short time period that could influence MDMA pharmacology and toxicity...
- Repeated doses administration of MDMA in humans: pharmacological effects and pharmacokineticsM Farre
Pharmacology Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Doctor Aiguader 80, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 173:364-75. 2004..MDMA presents non-linear pharmacokinetics, probably by inhibition of cytochrome P450 isoform 2D6. Users are known to often take more than one dose per session. This practice could have serious implications for the toxicity of MDMA...
- Pharmacology of MDMA in humans- de la Torre R
Pharmacology Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Ann N Y Acad Sci 914:225-37. 2000..Both peak concentrations and peak effects were obtained between 1 and 2 h and decreased to baseline values 4-6 h after drug administration...
- MDMA (ecstasy) pharmacokinetics in a CYP2D6 poor metaboliser and in nine CYP2D6 extensive metabolisersRafael de la Torre
Pharmacology Unit, , Doctor Aiguader 80, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:551-4. 2005
- Human pharmacology of MDMA: pharmacokinetics, metabolism, and dispositionRafael de la Torre
Unitat de Recerca en Farmacologia, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 26:137-44. 2004..One of the interesting features of MDMA metabolism is its potential involvement in the development of mid- to long-term neurotoxic effects as a result of progressive neurodegeneration of the serotonergic neurotransmission system...
- Retention rate and illicit opioid use during methadone maintenance interventions: a meta-analysisMagi Farre
Pharmacology Unit Institut Municipal d Investigacio Mèdica IMIM, Carrer Doctor Aiguador 80, E 08003, Barcelona, Spain
Drug Alcohol Depend 65:283-90. 2002..92, 95% CI 1.32--2.78). It is proposed that in agonist-maintenance programmes, oral methadone at doses of 50 mg/day or higher is the drug of choice for opioid dependence...
- 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy) and alcohol interactions in humans: psychomotor performance, subjective effects, and pharmacokineticsCándido Hernández-López
Unit of Pharmacology, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 300:236-44. 2002..Confirmation of these findings in further studies will be highly relevant in terms of road safety...
- Effect of quinolones on caffeine dispositionM Carbo
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:234-40. 1989..In two additional healthy volunteers under a controlled multiple-dose regimen of caffeine ingestion, administration of pipemidic acid for 2 days caused a fourfold increase in the plasma concentrations of caffeine...
- Is there an association between the quality of hospitals' research and their quality of care?Joan Pons
Catalan Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Research, Department of Health, Barcelona, Spain
J Health Serv Res Policy 15:204-9. 2010..Our aim was to determine whether there is a relationship between bibliometric measures of research output in acute hospitals and hospital mortality for two common cardiac conditions...
- Determination of MDMA and its metabolites in blood and urine by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and analysis of enantiomers by capillary electrophoresisNieves Pizarro
Pharmacology Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
J Anal Toxicol 26:157-65. 2002..Stereoselective disposition of MDMA and MDA was confirmed. HMMA disposition seems to be in apparent contradiction with MDMA findings as the enantiomer ratio is close to 1 and constant over the time...