Affiliation: Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet
- Multimorbidity, polypharmacy, referrals, and adverse drug events: are we doing things well?Amaia Calderón-Larrañaga
Aragón Health Sciences Institute IACS, IIS Aragón, Miguel Servet University Hospital, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Br J Gen Pract 62:e821-6. 2012..The consequences of multimorbidity include polypharmacy and repeated referrals for specialised care, which may increase the risk of adverse drug events (ADEs)...
- Does the pharmacy expenditure of patients always correspond with their morbidity burden? Exploring new approaches in the interpretation of pharmacy expenditureAmaia Calderón-Larrañaga
Aragon Health Sciences Institute I CS, Zaragoza, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:244. 2010..We paid special attention to the identification of individuals who had higher values of pharmacy expenditure than their morbidity would otherwise suggest (i.e. outliers)...
- Pharmaceutical cost control in primary care: opinion and contributions by healthcare professionalsAlexandra Prados-Torres
Instituto Aragones de Ciencias de la Salud, Zaragoza, Espana
BMC Health Serv Res 9:209. 2009..This study collects and analyzes the opinions of general practitioners (GPs) regarding current cost control measures as well as their proposals for improving the effectiveness of these measures...
- Applying diagnosis and pharmacy-based risk models to predict pharmacy use in Aragon, Spain: the impact of a local calibrationAmaia Calderón-Larrañaga
Aragon Health Science Institute, 25, Gomez Laguna Ave, Zaragoza 50009, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 10:22. 2010..Developed primarily for the U.S. health care setting, a secondary objective was to evaluate the benefit of a local calibration in order to adapt the PMs to the Spanish health care system...
- Multimorbidity patterns in primary care: interactions among chronic diseases using factor analysisAlexandra Prados-Torres
IIS Aragón, Aragon Health Sciences Institute, Miguel Servet University Hospital, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e32190. 2012..The secondary objective of this study was to generate evidence regarding the pathophysiological processes underlying multimorbidity and to understand the interactions and synergies among the various diseases...
- Underreporting of recognized adverse drug reactions by primary care physicians: an exploratory studyFrancisca González-Rubio
Instituto Aragones de Ciencias de la Salud I CS, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Aragón IIS Aragón, Zaragoza, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:1287-94. 2011....
- Primary care utilisation patterns among an urban immigrant population in the Spanish National Health SystemAmaia Calderón-Larrañaga
Instituto Aragones de Ciencias de la Salud, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Aragón, Zaragoza, Spain
BMC Public Health 11:432. 2011..This study takes a step forward to compare primary care (PC) utilisation patterns between immigrants and the native population with regard to their morbidity burden...