Affiliation: Hospital de Matar
- Pneumonia in the elderlyMateo Cabre
Acute Geriatric Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital de Mataro, Barcelona, Spain
Curr Opin Pulm Med 15:223-9. 2009..This article is a review of recent studies (2007 and 2008) on pneumonia in older people...
- Prevalence and prognostic implications of dysphagia in elderly patients with pneumoniaMateu Cabre
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital de Mataro, Barcelona, Spain
Age Ageing 39:39-45. 2010..oropharyngeal dysphagia is a common condition among the elderly but not systematically explored...
- Oropharyngeal dysphagia is a risk factor for readmission for pneumonia in the very elderly persons: observational prospective studyMateu Cabre
Research Unit, Consorci Sanitari del Maresme, Hospital de Mataro, Carretera de Cirera s n, 08304, Mataro, Barcelona, Spain
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 69:330-7. 2014..To determine whether oropharyngeal dysphagia is a risk factor for readmission for pneumonia in elderly persons discharged from an acute geriatric unit...
- Complications of oropharyngeal dysphagia: aspiration pneumoniaJordi Almirall
Servei de Cures Intensives, Hospital de Mataro, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Barcelona, Spain
Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser 72:67-76. 2012..Empirical treatment with antianaerobics should only be used in certain patients. According to some known risks factors, the prevention of AP should include measures in order to avoid it...
- Functional status as a risk factor for mortality in very elderly patients with pneumoniaMateu Cabre
Unidad Geriátrica de Agudos, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital de Mataro, Mataro, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 131:167-70. 2008..Other factors such as functional status are not included. The objective of this study was to know whether the preadmission functional status was related to 30-day mortality in old or very old patients who were hospitalized for pneumonia...
- Pathophysiology, relevance and natural history of oropharyngeal dysphagia among older peoplePere Clave
Unitat d Exploracions Funcionals Digestives, Department of Surgery, Hospital de Mataro, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser 72:57-66. 2012..We believe OD should be recognized as a major geriatric syndrome, and we recommend a policy of systematic and universal screening and assessment of OD among older people to prevent its severe complications...
- [Prognostic factors of community acquired pneumonia in very old patients]Mateu Cabre
Unidad Geriátrica de Agudos, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital de Mataro, Mataro, Barcelona
Med Clin (Barc) 127:201-5. 2006..To determine whether there are differences between the prognostic factors associated with 30-days mortality in patients 65-84 year-old and patients over 84 years hospitalized for community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...