Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Additive effects between prematurity and postnatal risk factors of suicidal behaviorHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, IIS Puerta de Hierro Hospital, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 47:937-43. 2013..Pre- and perinatal insults increase suicide risk. The main objective of the present study is to investigate if prematurity interacts in an additive fashion with postnatal risk factors of suicidal behavior...
- Combining scales to assess suicide riskHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, Puerta de Hierro Hospital, CIBERSAM, Calle Manuel de Falla 1, 28222 Majadahonda, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 46:1272-7. 2012..This article aims at identifying the most discriminative items from a collection of scales usually employed in the assessment of suicidal behavior...
- Age of first suicide attempt in men and women: an admixture analysisHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, IIS, CIBERSAM, Autonoma University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:825189. 2012..To define different subgroups of suicide attempters according to age at onset of suicide attempts...
- Can the Holmes-Rahe Social Readjustment Rating Scale (SRRS) be used as a suicide risk scale? An exploratory studyHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, Jimenez Diaz Foundation, Autonoma University, IIS, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
Arch Suicide Res 16:13-28. 2012..The life events that better characterized suicide attempters were change in frequency of arguments, marital separation, and personal injury. The Holmes-Rahe Social Readjustment Rating Scale may help identify suicide attempters...
- An exploratory study of the relationship between diverse life events and specific personality disorders in a sample of suicide attemptersHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Avenida de los Reyes Catolicos 2, Madrid, Spain
J Pers Disord 24:773-84. 2010..Some LE-PD relationships appear independent of Axis I disorders in suicide attempters. This may offer a basis for specific targeted therapies or prevention programs aimed at decreasing suicidal risk...
- Specific features of suicidal behavior in patients with narcissistic personality disorderHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz University Hospital, Avenida Reyes Catolicos 2, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1583-7. 2009....
- [Paroxetine treatment for children and adolescents with anxiety disorders]H Blasco-Fontecilla
Unidad de Psiquiatría Infantil, Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 30:287-91. 2002..This study examines the effectiveness of paroxetine in children and adolescents with anxiety disorders...
- Short self-reported sleep duration and suicidal behavior: a cross-sectional studyHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, Jimenez Diaz Foundation, IIS, Autonoma University, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
J Affect Disord 133:239-46. 2011..Prior studies on the association between sleep disturbances and suicidal behavior did not explore whether or not short sleep is a marker of suicide intent, lethality or risk...
- Distinguishing the relevant features of frequent suicide attemptersJorge Lopez-Castroman
Department of Psychiatry at Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Hospital and Autonoma University, Avenida Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040, Madrid, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 45:619-25. 2011..We aim to investigate the relationships between clinical risk factors and the repetition of suicidal attempts...
- Translation and validation of the "Self-injurious thoughts and behaviors interview" in a Spanish population with suicidal behaviourRebeca Garcia-Nieto
Servicio de Psiquiatria, IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Universidad Autonoma, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Espana
Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 6:101-8. 2013..Given this lack, we think it is necessary to validate the Escala de Pensamientos y Conductas Autolesivas (EPCA), Spanish translation of the SITBI, in the Spanish population...
- Psychiatrists' and psychologists' practice patterns: different profiles in a Spanish clinical sampleRebeca Garcia-Nieto
Department of Psychiatry, IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Autonoma University, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain Department of Mental Health, Madrid Regional Health Council, Madrid, Spain and Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:1090-6. 2013..In addition, the dramatic increase in the diagnosis of adjustment disorder might be related to the increasing "psychologization" and "medicalization" of the difficulties of everyday life. ..
- Personality disorder assessments in acute depressive episodes: stability at follow-upJorge Lopez-Castroman
Department of Psychiatry, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Spain
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:526-30. 2012..Axis II diagnoses in acutely depressed patients reassessed after 3 months are often stable and not associated with remission of or improvement in major depression...
- Predicting suicidal behavior: are we really that far along? Comment on "Discovery and validation of blood biomarkers for suicidality"Hilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Villalba Mental Health Center, Department of Psychiatry, IDIPHIM Puerta de Hierro University Hospital, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:424. 2013..We discuss the implications of this study as well as the current state of research regarding biomarkers of suicidal behavior. ..
- Factors contributing to the utilization of adult mental health services in children and adolescents diagnosed with hyperkinetic disorderHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Autonoma University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:451205. 2012....
- Personality disorders and health problems distinguish suicide attempters from completers in a direct comparisonLucas Giner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
J Affect Disord 151:474-83. 2013..Whether suicide attempters and completers represent the same population evaluated at different points along a progression towards suicide death, overlapping populations, or completely different populations is a problem still unresolved...
- Do atypical antipsychotic drugs reduce the risk of ischemic heart disease and mortality? Possible role of 5-HT2A receptor blockadeHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Fundacion Jimenez Diaz University Hospital, Autonoma University of Madrid, CIBERSAM, Avenida Reyes Catolicos 2, Madrid 28040, Spain
Schizophr Res 119:160-3. 2010....
- [Brief Suicide Questionnaire. Inter-rater reliability]Rebeca Garcia-Nieto
Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, CIBERSAM, Espana
Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 5:24-36. 2012....
- Adjunctive treatment with risperidone in clozapine-resistant schizophrenia: a case report and reviewIvan Lerma-Carrillo
Acute Inpatients Unit, Dr R Lafora Psychiatric Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Clin Neuropharmacol 30:114-21. 2007..The combination of clozapine and risperidone in the treatment of partial responders to clozapine has been one of those receiving most interest from research...