Affiliation: Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
- Role of apoA-II in lipid metabolism and atherosclerosis: advances in the study of an enigmatic proteinF Blanco-Vaca
Servei de Bioquímica de l Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Antoni M Claret 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
J Lipid Res 42:1727-39. 2001..We suggest that the existence of apoA-II or apoA-I in HDL could be an important signal for specific interaction with HDL receptors such as cubilin or heat shock protein 60...
- Expression of human apolipoprotein A-II in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice induces features of familial combined hyperlipidemiaJ C Escolà-Gil
Servei de Bioquímica de l Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
J Lipid Res 41:1328-38. 2000..We conclude that apoE-deficient mice overexpressing human apoA-II constitute useful animal models with which to study the mechanisms leading to overproduction of VLDL, and that apoA-II may function to regulate VLDL production...
- ApoA-II expression in CETP transgenic mice increases VLDL production and impairs VLDL clearanceJ C Escolà-Gil
Servei de Bioquimica, de l Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
J Lipid Res 42:241-8. 2001..These results show CETP x apoA-II-Tg mice to be a good model with which to study mechanisms leading to VLDL overproduction and suggest that CETP and, in particular apoA-II, may play a role in the regulation of VLDL metabolism...
- Phytosterols do not change susceptibility to obesity, insulin resistance, and diabetes induced by a high-fat diet in miceL Calpe-Berdiel
Institut de Recerca, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Metabolism 57:1497-501. 2008..Phytosterol intake did not improve these metabolic parameters. Therefore, we were unable to substantiate any protective effect of phytosterol intake on diabetes development or regression in the mouse model used...
- Low-density lipoprotein particle size, triglyceride-rich lipoproteins, and glucose tolerance in non-diabetic men with essential hypertensionJ Rubies-Prat
Department of Medicine, , Spain
Clin Exp Hypertens 23:489-500. 2001....
- Overexpression of human apolipoprotein A-II in transgenic mice does not increase their susceptibility to insulin resistance and obesityJ C Escolà-Gil
Diabetologia 45:600-1. 2002
- Structure of human apolipoprotein D: locations of the intermolecular and intramolecular disulfide linksC Y Yang
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Biochemistry 33:12451-5. 1994..We conclude that apoD binds to lipoprotein surfaces through structures other than alpha-helices, such as disulfide links...
- Emerging cardiovascular risk factors in subclinical hypothyroidism: lack of change after restoration of euthyroidismA Perez
Serveis d Endocrinologia, Bioquímica i Institut de Recerca, Hospital Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Metabolism 53:1512-5. 2004..Monitoring of emerging risk factors did not offer additional arguments for treating patients with SH and, thus, is not justified in their clinical management...