Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Ebola outbreak killed 5000 gorillasMagdalena Bermejo
Ecosystèmes Forestiers d Afrique Centrale ECOFAC, Box Postale 15115 Libreville, Gabon
Science 314:1564. 2006..The lag between neighboring gorilla groups in mortality onset was close to the ZEBOV disease cycle length, evidence that group-to-group transmission has amplified gorilla die-offs...
- Catastrophic ape decline in western equatorial AfricaPeter D Walsh
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Guyot Hall, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
Nature 422:611-4. 2003..Without aggressive investments in law enforcement, protected area management and Ebola prevention, the next decade will see our closest relatives pushed to the brink of extinction...
- Multiple Ebola virus transmission events and rapid decline of central African wildlifeEric M Leroy
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UR034, Centre International de Recherches Medicales de Franceville, BP 769 Franceville, Gabon
Science 303:387-90. 2004..Surveillance of animal mortality may help to predict and prevent human Ebola outbreaks...
- Wild animal mortality monitoring and human Ebola outbreaks, Gabon and Republic of Congo, 2001-2003Pierre Rouquet
Centre International de Recherches Medicales de Franceville, CIRMF BP 769, Franceville, Gabon
Emerg Infect Dis 11:283-90. 2005..Wild animal outbreaks began before each of the 5 human Ebola outbreaks. Twice we alerted the health authorities to an imminent risk for human outbreaks, weeks before they occurred...
- Western gorilla diet: a synthesis from six sitesM Elizabeth Rogers
ICAPB, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Am J Primatol 64:173-92. 2004..Gorilla density across sites appears to be most affected by the density of monocotyledonous bulk food plants, but its relationship to the density of important tree food species has yet to be tested...
- Sex-biased dispersal in western lowland gorillas (Gorilla gorilla gorilla)Melanie I Douadi
Ethologie Evolution Ecologie, UMR 6552, Université de Rennes I CNRS, Station Biologique, 35380 Paimpont, France
Mol Ecol 16:2247-59. 2007....