Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- [The Spanish Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of congenital toxoplasmosis]F Baquero-Artigao
Coordinadores del documento, Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Infantil La Paz, Madrid, España Electronic address
An Pediatr (Barc) 79:116.e1-116.e16. 2013..Congenital toxoplasmosis is a preventable disease. Pre-pregnancy screening and appropriate counseling regarding prevention measures in seronegative women may prevent fetal infection. ..
- [Prolonged treatment with valganciclovir in an infant with congenital cytomegalovirus infection]F Baquero-Artigao
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Infantil Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 70:578-81. 2009..Treatment resulted in adequate ganciclovir plasma levels, suppressed plasma viral load, prevention of hearing deterioration and was well tolerated, with no apparent side-effects...
- [Consensus document from the Spanish Society of Paediatric Infectious Diseases (SEIP) on the diagnosis and treatment of congenital cytomegalovirus infection]F Baquero-Artigao
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Materno Infantil La Paz, Madrid, Espana
An Pediatr (Barc) 71:535-47. 2009..Valganciclovir may be an excellent alternative because of its good bio-availability, providing plasma concentrations similar to those achieved with intravenous ganciclovir...
- [Acute otitis media in the era of pneumococcal vaccination]Fernando Baquero-Artigao
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas Pediátricas, Hospital Universitario Infantil La Paz, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:505-9. 2008..High-dose amoxicillin is the treatment of choice for AOM, but the increase of H. influenzae in pneumococcal-vaccinated children may require reconsideration of this recommendation in forthcoming guidelines...
- [Congenital cytomegalovirus infection: is serological screening during pregnancy necessary?]Fernando Baquero-Artigao
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Infantil Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 28:363-9. 2010....
- Impact of immigration on pulmonary tuberculosis in Spanish children: a three-decade reviewTeresa del Rosal
Microbiology Department, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:648-51. 2010..Drug resistance has emerged as an important threat to tuberculosis control. Data regarding the impact of immigration and the incidence of drug-resistant strains in children are lacking...
- Tuberculosis in pediatric solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsRaquel Vecino
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:774-7. 2012..The outcome was favorable in 6 patients. Isoniazid-induced hepatitis and rifampin interactions were common...
- Twenty years of pulmonary tuberculosis in children: what has changed?Iciar Sánchez-Albisua
Center of Research, Infectious Diseases Unit, Children s Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:49-53. 2002....
- (18)F-FDG PET/CT in the diagnosis of occult bacterial infections in childrenTeresa del Rosal
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pediatr 172:1111-5. 2013..Conclusion: (18)F-FDG PET/CT should be considered as a useful diagnostic tool in children with suspected bacterial infections, if conventional diagnostic imaging techniques have failed to yield positive results. ..
- Pandemic H1N1 influenza-associated hospitalizations in children in Madrid, SpainTeresa del Rosal
Pediatrics Department, Hospital Infanta Elena, Valdemoro, Madrid, Spain
Influenza Other Respi Viruses 5:e544-51. 2011..To describe the epidemiological and clinical characteristics of children hospitalized with 2009 pandemic influenza (pH1N1) in Madrid, Spain...
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis of the ankle: case reportFernando Baquero-Artigao
Servicio de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Infantil La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Foot Ankle Int 27:642-4. 2006
- Optimizing interpretation of the tuberculin test using an interferon-gamma release assay as a reference standardAna Méndez-Echevarría
Paediatric Department, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:426-8. 2011..In Bacillus Calmette-Guérin-vaccinated children, the TST cut-off point of ≥ 10 mm had poorer specificity (86%), and a cut-off point of ≥ 15 mm resulted in reduced sensitivity (60%)...
- Combined systemic and intrapleural treatment of Aspergillus pulmonary empyema after invasive aspergillosisFernando Baquero-Artigao
Servicios de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Infantil La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:471-3. 2003..Treatment was well-tolerated, and the empyema resolved completely, with no evidence of recurrence after 2 years of follow-up...
- Acute Q fever pericarditis followed by chronic hepatitis in a two-year-old girlFernando Baquero-Artigao
Servicio de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Infantil La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:705-7. 2002..Endocarditis is the most frequent clinical presentation of chronic infection. We report a 2-year-old child with Q fever who presented with acute pericarditis and cardiac tamponade and who developed a chronic hepatic infection...
- Coronary involvement in infants with Kawasaki disease treated with intravenous gamma-globulinNoelia Moreno
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, Children s Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Cardiol 29:31-5. 2008..To analyze the clinical spectrum and the incidence of coronary involvement in infants with typical Kawasaki's disease (KD)...