Genomes and Genes
Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
Organization: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Complete pathological remission in a patient with hormone-receptor positive and c-erbB-2 expression-negative breast cancer treated with FAC chemotherapy during pregnancyOctavi Córdoba
Breast Unit, Service of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Vail d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Tumori 96:629-32. 2010..This case illustrates how the integrated work of different specialists can obtain excellent oncological and obstetrical results in the care of pregnant women with breast cancer...
- [Influence of the age at the start of pubertal growth on adult height]Antonio Carrascosa
Servicio de Pediatría y de Endocrinología Pediátrica, Hospital Universitario Materno Infantil Vall d Hebron, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona CIBERER Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 130:645-9. 2008..However, little is known on the influence of this fact on normal adult height distribution. Our aim was to compare adult height reached in the 5 maturing groups, according to age at pubertal onset...
- [Etiology of community-acquired lower urinary infections and antimicrobial resistance of Escherichia coli: a national surveillance study]Antonia Andreu
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 130:481-6. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine, in Spain, the etiology of community-acquired lower urinary infections and antimicrobial resistance of Escherichia coli isolates...
- Safety and efficacy of home intravenous antimicrobial infusion therapy in older patients: a comparative study with younger patientsJ Perez-lopez
Hospital at Home Program, Department of Internal Medicine, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Clin Pract 62:1188-92. 2008..Home intravenous antimicrobial infusion therapy has proved its safety and efficacy in a great number of infections. Despite this there are few published studies about this way of managing in the elderly patient...
- [Cerebral gliomatosis]M C Edo
Unidad de Neuroinmunología Clínica, Hospital de la Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Neurologia 23:110-1. 2008
- Valganciclovir as treatment for cytomegalovirus disease in solid organ transplant recipientsOscar Len
Spanish Network for Research on Infection in Transplantation, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 46:20-7. 2008..Valganciclovir, which has an oral bioavailability of 60%, has proven to be useful for prophylaxis of CMV infection in high-risk SOT recipients and for treating retinitis in persons with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome...
- Paraneoplastic vasculitis in patients with solid tumors: report of 15 casesRoser Solans-Laque
Department of Internal Medicine, Vall d Hebron University General Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Rheumatol 35:294-304. 2008..To review all cases of concurrent vasculitis and solid tumors diagnosed at our Department over a 15-year period and explore evidence that would support the notion of vasculitis being a true paraneoplastic syndrome...
- Possible prognostic value of leukotriene B(4) in acute respiratory distress syndromeJoan R Masclans
Intensive Care Unit, Area General, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron de Barcelona, Department of Medicine, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, UAB, corrected Barcelona Spain
Respir Care 52:1695-700. 2007..To study the major eicosanoids implicated in the pathophysiology of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in order to estimate their relative prognostic values...
- Hygiene, microbial diversity and immune regulationFrancisco Guarner
Digestive System Research Unit, CIBERehd, University Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 23:667-72. 2007..Sanitation, antibiotics and vaccines have done more to extend life expectancy than any other medical innovation. Concern exists, however, about the link between hygiene and increased incidence of immune-mediated disorders...
- [Surgical strategies in short bowel syndrome]J Bueno
Unidadde Trasplante Hepático Pediáitrico, Departamento de Cirugia Pediatrica, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Nutr Hosp 22:103-12. 2007..Although experience is greater with Bianchi's technique, short-term outcomes of serial transversal enteroplasty (STEP) are promising. STEP is simpler and may be applied even to previously elongated bowels by the Bianchi's technique...
- Yield of early rest and stress myocardial perfusion single-photon emission computed tomography and electrocardiographic exercise test in patients with atypical chest pain, nondiagnostic electrocardiogram, and negative biochemical markers in the emergency Jaume Candell-Riera
Servei de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Cardiol 99:1662-6. 2007..The sensitivity of radionuclide tests is higher, but their widespread use does not appear warranted because their positive predictive value and incidence of complications is low...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and its intracellular signaling pathways in cocaine addictionM Corominas
Psychiatry Service, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Psychiatry Department of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Neuropsychobiology 55:2-13. 2007....
- Short postal questionnaire and selective clinical examination combined with repeat mailing and telephone reminders as a method of follow-up in hernia surgeryM Lopez-Cano
Department of Surgery, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Hernia 11:397-402. 2007..We assessed the usefulness of a short postal questionnaire and selective clinical examination combined with repeat mailing and telephone reminders for quality assessment in hernia surgery...
- Efficacy and safety of 'rescue therapy' with mycophenolate mofetil in resistant primary glomerulonephritis--a multicenter studyAlfons Segarra
Servicio de Nefrologia, Anexo planta 7, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Paseo Valle Hebrón 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1351-60. 2007..Studies of mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) in primary glomerulonephritis have varied in their inclusion criteria, regimen and follow-up compromising assessments of efficacy and optimal dose...
- Prognostic value of preoperative indexed end-systolic left ventricle diameter in the outcome after surgery in patients with chronic aortic regurgitationAntonia Sambola
Servei de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Am Heart J 155:1114-20. 2008..The aim of the study was to assess the usefulness of indexed ESD (IESD) of the left ventricle in the management of patients with severe isolated chronic AR...
- Neuropharmacology of stress-induced mucosal inflammation: implications for inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndromeJavier Santos
Digestive Diseases Research Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Recerça Vall d Hebron and Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Department of Medicine, Barcelona, Spain
Curr Mol Med 8:258-73. 2008....
- Individual variations of serum testosterone in patients with prostate cancer receiving androgen deprivation therapyJuan Morote
Department of Urology, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Autonoma University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
BJU Int 103:332-5; discussion 335. 2009..To analyse individual variations in serum testosterone level, the cumulative rate of 'breakthrough' increases over castrate levels, and to evaluate whether the increases can be predicted...
- Randomized trial of peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin for 48 or 72 weeks in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 1 and slow virologic responseMaria Buti
Liver Unit, Valle d Hebron Ciberehd University Hospital, and Biomedical Research Center Network in the Area of Hepatic and Digestive Disorders of the Carlos III Health Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 52:1201-7. 2010..5% of slow responders treated for 48 weeks and 8.2% of those treated for 72 weeks. Among slow responders with a <2-log drop in HCV RNA at week 8, SVR was 39% in the 72-week arm and 19% in the 48-week arm...
- [Internet-based Continuing Medical Education. Presentation of the first experience of the Spanish Society of Internal Medicine]A San Jose
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario, Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Clin Esp 210:567-72. 2010....
- [Multiple sclerosis epidemiological situation update: pertinence and set-up of a population based registry of new cases in Catalonia]S Otero
Servicio de Medicina Preventiva y Epidemiologia, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 50:623-33. 2010..The few prospective studies in our area together with the increase in the disease in other regions, justifies an epidemiological MS project in order to describe the incidence and temporal trends of MS...
- Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 induces alpha-synuclein expression via the extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathwayIria Carballo-Carbajal
Department of Neurodegeneration, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University Clinics Tübingen, Germany
Cell Signal 22:821-7. 2010..This pathway linking the two dominant PD genes LRRK2 and SNCA may offer an interesting target for drug therapy in both familial and sporadic disease...
- [Hard metal interstitial lung disease]M Angeles Montero
Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 46:489-91. 2010..The evaluation of wedge biopsies by scanning electronic microscope can be very helpful in those cases without a specific diagnosis...
- [Antiepileptic drugs in the control of the impulses disorders]C Roncero
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Escuela de Enfermería 5 planta, Hospital Vall Hebron, Paseo de Vall Hebrón 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 37:205-12. 2009..The results must be considered as provisional and must be updated in the future, since they are mostly based on case reports, case series or opened clinical trials, their being little knowledge based on double blind clinical trials...
- Very low-molecular-mass fragments of albumin in the plasma of patients with focal segmental glomerulosclerosisJoan Lopez Hellin
Fisopatologia Renal, CIBBIM, Institut de Recerca, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 54:871-80. 2009..FSGS can be of either genetic origin, caused by mutations in slit diaphragm proteins, such as podocin, or idiopathic origin of unknown cause...
- Percutaneous embolization of vascular fistulas using coils or Amplatzer vascular plugsJosep Girona
Servicio de Cardiología y Hemodinámica Pediátrica, Area del Cor, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 62:765-73. 2009....
- Phase II randomized study of trabectedin given as two different every 3 weeks dose schedules (1.5 mg/m2 24 h or 1.3 mg/m2 3 h) to patients with relapsed, platinum-sensitive, advanced ovarian cancerJ M del Campo
Department of Medical Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Oncol 20:1794-802. 2009..This randomized, open-label, phase II clinical trial evaluated the optimal regimen of trabectedin administered every 3 weeks in patients with platinum-sensitive, relapsed, advanced ovarian cancer (AOC)...
- Minimal important differences of the SRS-22 Patient Questionnaire following surgical treatment of idiopathic scoliosisJuan Bago
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, P masculine Vall d Hebron, 119, 08035, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Spine J 18:1898-904. 2009..If the purpose is to analyze sum score changes (either the raw or average values), the MID-A is preferable because it includes the patient's evaluation of the results of surgery...
- Anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibodies in cancer treatmentJaume Capdevila
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Treat Rev 35:354-63. 2009..In this review, the authors examine the development of monoclonal antibodies against EGFR and the effects of this blockage in cell cycle, as well as the most important trials with these monoclonal antibodies in several tumor types...
- [Treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon]V Fonollosa-Pla
Servicio de Medicina Interna Enfermedades Autoinmunes Sistémicas, Hospital General Universitario Vall d Hebron, Departamento de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Clin Esp 209:21-4. 2009....
- Senescence induction; a possible cancer therapyMatilde E Lleonart
Pathology Department, Fundació Institut de Recerca Hospital Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cancer 8:3. 2009..These findings offer new perspectives in the modulation of senescence and open new approaches for cancer therapy...
- Early antiviral treatment of hepatitis C virus recurrence after liver transplantation in HIV-infected patientsLluis Castells
Liver Unit, Department of Medicine, Hospital Universitari Vail d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Antivir Ther 11:1061-70. 2006..To investigate the efficacy of early antiviral treatment for hepatitis C virus (HCV) recurrence in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients undergoing liver transplantation for end-stage liver disease...
- [Diagnostic methodology for the biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer after radiotherapy]Javier Maldonado Pijoan
Oncologia Radioterapica, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Universidad Autíonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 59:1053-62. 2006....
- Efficacy of nebulized liposomal amphotericin B in treatment of experimental pulmonary aspergillosisJoan Gavalda
Infectious Diseases Research Laboratory, Infectious Diseases Division, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:3028-30. 2005....
- Behavior of cross-sectional surveys in the hospital setting: a simulation modelJose Rossello-Urgell
Servicio de Medicina Preventiva y Epidemiologia, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, P Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 26:362-8. 2005..With the hypothesis that within the hospital setting prevalence may be lower than incidence, the aim of this study was to analyze the behavior of point prevalence as it relates to cumulative incidence and duration of infection...
- Phase II study of efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of trastuzumab monotherapy administered on a 3-weekly scheduleJose Baselga
Vall d Hebron, University Hospital, Department of Medical Oncology, Pg Vall d Hebron, 119 129, E 08035 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 23:2162-71. 2005....
- Three properties of the hepatitis C virus RNA genome related to antiviral strategies based on RNA-therapeutics: variability, structural conformation and tRNA mimicryJordi Gomez
Servicio de Medicina Interna Hepatología, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Curr Pharm Des 10:3741-56. 2004..In the second section, we briefly describe several of the RNA-based therapeutic strategies against HCV now under development...
- [Transient neonatal myeloproliferative disorder in the absence of Down syndrome]P Bastida Vila
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario Materno Infantil Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 61:546-50. 2004..Caution must be exercised before initiating chemotherapy in these patients. We discuss the differential diagnosis with congenital leukemia and the prognostic and therapeutic implications that this entails...
- [Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin lymphomas in otorhinolaryngology]A Enrique
Servicio de ORL, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 55:387-9. 2004..Non-Hodgkin lymphoma have extranodal involvement more frequently and also a more advance disease at diagnosis. It is important to include the lymphoma in the differential diagnosis of any cervical mass or ENT lesion...
- Predictive factors of quality-of-life improvement and continuous positive airway pressure use in patients with sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome: study at 1 yearPatricia Lloberes
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Chest 126:1241-7. 2004..To assess predictive factors of quality-of-life (QoL) improvement and continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) use in patients with sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome (SAHS) after 1 year of treatment with CPAP...
- [Modafinil and fatigue in multiple sclerosis]N Tellez
Unitat de Neuroimmunologia Clinica, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Neurologia 19:434-7. 2004..Although few studies exist on modafinil in MS patients with fatigue, the results suggest this drug as a promising treatment, because of its efficacy and safety, and should encourage us to continue working in this area...
- [Clinical impact of PET in pediatrics]I Roca
Hospital Univesitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Rev Esp Med Nucl 23:359-68; quiz 369-71. 2004
- Validation of specific inhalation challenge for the diagnosis of occupational asthma due to persulphate saltsX Munoz
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiología e Immunología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Occup Environ Med 61:861-6. 2004..The significant value of tests used to certify the diagnosis of occupational asthma due to persulphate salts remains uncertain...
- Comparison of conventional nighttime with automatic or manual daytime CPAP titration in unselected sleep apnea patients: study of the usefulness of daytime titration studiesPatricia Lloberes
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Respir Med 98:619-25. 2004..Pressure selected with AutoSet is significantly higher than with conventional daytime or nighttime titration, although not significant in terms of treatment compliance and symptom improvement...
- Regional wall motion and wall thickening visual scores from gated SPECT in anterior and infero-lateral myocardial infarctionsJaume Candell-Riera
Servei de Cardiologia, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Pg Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Nucl Med Commun 25:201-6. 2004..The relationship between the visual scores for wall motion (WM) and wall thickening (WT) of different left ventricular regions in patients with anterior and infero-lateral myocardial infarctions was evaluated using gated SPECT...
- Fetal growth regulation and intrauterine growth retardationAntonio Carrascosa
Children s Hospital Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:435-43. 2004..In addition children born SGA without postnatal catch-up are shorter and have higher weight than age-, height- and sex-matched controls born AGE...
- Intravitreous hepatocyte growth factor in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a case-control studyRafael Simo
Diabetes Research Unit, Endocrinology Division, Hospital Univesitari Vall d Hebron, Pg Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 71:36-44. 2006..Our findings suggest that HGF is related to pathological conditions in which fibroproliferative processes or wound healing are involved rather than with angiogenesis itself...
- [Towards the comprehension of heterogeneity of clinical manifestations related with antiphospholipid antibodies]Jaume Alijotas Reig
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitari, Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 125:187-9. 2005
- Dialogical relationship and cultural imagination: a hermeneutic approach to intercultural psychotherapyAdil Qureshi
Transcultural Psychiatry Program, Servei de Psiquiatria, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Pg Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Psychother 59:119-35. 2005..Recommendations are given for improving the intercultural therapy process, and draw strongly on the twin notions of the dialogical relationship and cultural imagination...
- Immunosuppression based on mycophenolate mofetil in stable liver transplanted patientsItxarone Bilbao
Liver Transplantation Unit of the Department of General Surgery, Hospital Vall Hebron, Universidad Autonoma Barcelona, Spain
Int Immunopharmacol 6:1977-83. 2006..To analyze our results with mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) in stable liver transplantation (LT) patients presenting with adverse events (AE) related to prolonged use of calcineurin inhibitors (CNI)...
- Mycophenolic Acid reaches therapeutic levels whereas mycophenolate mofetil does notR Vilalta Casas
Pediatric Nephrology Department, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2400-1. 2006..We proposed that using mycophenolic acid, instead of the salt mycophenolate mofetil, may help us to reach target levels...
- Adjuvant trastuzumab: a milestone in the treatment of HER-2-positive early breast cancerJose Baselga
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Oncology Service, Barcelona, Spain
Oncologist 11:4-12. 2006..Overall, results from clinical trials are sufficiently compelling to consider 1 year of adjuvant trastuzumab treatment for women with HER-2-positive EBC based on the risk:benefit ratio demonstrated in these studies...
- Adherence to nCPAP in patients with coronary disease and sleep apnea without sleepinessGabriel Sampol
Respiratory Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Respir Med 101:461-6. 2007..In conclusion, in our experience adherence to nCPAP treatment in patients with CAD and OSA is not influenced by the absence of sleepiness...
- New p53 related genes in human tumors: significant downregulation in colon and lung carcinomasM E Lleonart
Department of Pathology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Oncol Rep 16:603-8. 2006..These results could unravel a novel set of regulatory suppressor genes involved in human colon and lung tumors...
- [Treatment for Legionnaires' disease. Macrolides or quinolones?]Vicenc Falco
Servicios de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 24:360-4. 2006..Macrolides and fluoroquinolones are the recommended treatment for Legionnaires' disease. The aim of our study was to analyze the clinical efficacy of clarithromycin, azithromycin and levofloxacin in patients with Legionnaires' disease...
- Experience with starting tacrolimus postoperatively after transsternal extended thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravisJosé M Ponseti
Unit of Myasthenia Gravis, Department of Surgery, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 22:885-95. 2006....
- Anticholinesterasics in the treatment of cognitive impairment in multiple sclerosisJ Porcel
2a planta EUI, Unitat de Neuroimmunologia Clinica, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Ps Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035, Barcelona, Spain
J Neurol Sci 245:177-81. 2006..Finally, we discuss future issues to take into consideration for AChEI treatments in the context of MS...
- The end-effectors of preconditioning protection against myocardial cell death secondary to ischemia-reperfusionDavid Garcia-Dorado
Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron, 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 70:274-85. 2006....
- Heterozygous Hb Hope [beta136(H14)Gly --> Asp] in association with heterozygous beta0-thalassemia with apparent homozygous expression, in a Spanish patientDavid Beneitez
Unitat d Anèmies i Eritropatologia, Hematologia, Laboratoris Clínics, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Hemoglobin 30:45-9. 2006..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first description of a case of Hb Hope in a Spanish family...
- Hepatitis B virus genome variability and disease progression: the impact of pre-core mutants and HBV genotypesMaria Buti
Liner Unit, Hospital General Universitari Pall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Virol 34:S79-82. 2005..Analyses of both naturally occurring viral variants and in vitro mutagenesis studies have identified some mutations that have a role in viral latency, pathogenesis of liver disease, immune escape, and resistance to antiviral therapy...
- [Systematic review of pharmacologic treatment in fibromyalgia]Cayetano Alegre de Miquel
Unidad de Reumatologia, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 125:784-7. 2005
- [Minimal residual disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a new concept of complete remission]P Bastida Vila
Servicio de Oncohematología Infantil, Hospital Universitario Materno Infantil Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
An Pediatr (Barc) 63:390-5. 2005..More sensitive techniques are required to measure residual leukemia and establish a new definition of complete remission...
- Lactic acidosis related to nucleoside therapy in HIV-infected patientsVicenc Falco
Infectious Diseases Division, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, P masculine Vall d Hebron 119 129 08035, Barcelona, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:1321-9. 2003..Therapy is based on supportive measures and discontinuation of all antiretroviral drugs. Administration of essential vitamin coenzymes, electron acceptors and L-carnitine may be useful in some cases...