Jose M Guisan
- Turati D, Morais Júnior W, Terrasan C, Moreno Perez S, Pessela B, Fernandez Lorente G, et al. Immobilization of Lipase from Penicillium sp. Section Gracilenta (CBMAI 1583) on Different Hydrophobic Supports: Modulation of Functional Properties. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Despite having identical mechanisms of immobilization, different hydrophobic supports seem to promote different shapes of the adsorbed open active site of the lipase and hence different functional properties. ..
- Orrego A, Trobo Maseda L, Rocha Martin J, Guisan J. Immobilization-stabilization of a complex multimeric sucrose synthase from Nitrosomonas europaea. Synthesis of UDP-glucose. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2017;105:51-58 pubmed publisher..This optimal biocatalyst was modified with a polycationic polymer, polyethyleneimine (PEI), increasing its stability in the presence of the organic co-solvents necessary to glycosylate apolar antioxidants by GTs coupled to SuSy. ..
- Pereira M, Velasco Lozano S, Moreno Perez S, Polizeli A, Heinen P, Facchini F, et al. Different Covalent Immobilizations Modulate Lipase Activities of Hypocrea pseudokoningii. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..This work shows the importance of immobilization as a tool to increase the lipase stability to temperature and organic solvents, thus enabling the possibility of their application at large scale processes. ..
- Trobo Maseda L, Orrego A, Moreno Perez S, Fernandez Lorente G, Guisan J, Rocha Martin J. Stabilization of multimeric sucrose synthase from Acidithiobacillus caldus via immobilization and post-immobilization techniques for synthesis of UDP-glucose. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2018;102:773-787 pubmed publisher..This biocatalyst produced 256 mM of UDP-glucose in a single batch, accumulating 1 M after five reaction cycles. Therefore, this immobilized enzyme can be of great interest as a biocatalyst to synthesize UDP-glucose. ..
- Abreu Silveira E, Moreno Perez S, Basso A, Serban S, Pestana Mamede R, Tardioli P, et al. Modulation of the regioselectivity of Thermomyces lanuginosus lipase via biocatalyst engineering for the Ethanolysis of oil in fully anhydrous medium. BMC Biotechnol. 2017;17:88 pubmed publisher..The absence of acyl migrations under identical reaction conditions is clearly observed and hence the different activities and regioselectivities seem to be due to the different catalytic properties of different derivatives of TLL. ..