- Modest adjunctive benefit with transcranial magnetic stimulation in medication-resistant depressionM Garcia-Toro
Complejo Hospitalario GESMA, C Jesús 40, 07003 Palma de Mallorca, Mallorca, Spain
J Affect Disord 64:271-5. 2001..Controverted results have been obtained using high frequency transcranial magnetic stimulation (HF-rTMS) as an antidepressant treatment...
- Prefrontal repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation as add on treatment in depressionM Garcia-Toro
Complejo Hospitalario de Mallorca, C Jesús n degrees 40, 07010 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 71:546-8. 2001..The results suggest that in this patient population, HF-rTMS does not add efficacy over the use of standard antidepressant medication...
- Functional cerebral asymmetry in affective disorders: new facts contributed by transcranial magnetic stimulationM Garcia-Toro
Department of Psychiatry, Complejo Hospitalario GESMA, C Jesús 40, 07003 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
J Affect Disord 66:103-9. 2001..Based on these data and on the theories of chaos and complexity, a hypothesis for the physiopathology of affective disorders and the functional mechanism of TMS is proposed. This hypothesis is in agreement with valence theory...
- Inefficacy of burst-suppression anesthesia in medication-resistant major depression: a controlled trialM Garcia-Toro
Department of Psychiatry, Complejo Hospitalario de Mallorca, Mallorca, Spain
J ECT 17:284-8. 2001..5 +/- 4.5), but differences did not reach statistical significance ( t = -1.08, p = 0.3). In our sample, we have not found BSA to be superior to sham-BSA and therefore cannot consider BSA as an alternative to ECT...
- Psychopathology and the binding problemM Garcia-Toro
Complejo Hospitalario de Mallorca, Spain
Med Hypotheses 57:718-23. 2001....