- Determinants of quality of life in Spanish transsexuals attending a gender unit before genital sex reassignment surgeryEsther Gomez-Gil
Institute Clinic of Neurosciences, Department of Psychiatry, Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 23:669-76. 2014..To evaluate the self-reported perceived quality of life (QoL) in transsexuals attending a Spanish gender identity unit before genital sex reassignment surgery, and to identify possible determinants that likely contribute to their QoL...
- Temperament and character in transsexualsEsther Gomez-Gil
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Institut Clínic of Neurosciences IDIBAPS Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:969-74. 2013..Moreover, the personality profile of transsexuals was closer to the profile of subjects who shared their gender identity than those who shared their anatomical sex. ..
- Clinical utility of the Bem Sex Role Inventory (BSRI) in the Spanish transsexual and nontranssexual populationEsther Gomez-Gil
Institute Clinic of Neurosciences, Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Pers Assess 94:304-9. 2012....
- Hormone-treated transsexuals report less social distress, anxiety and depressionEsther Gomez-Gil
Institute Clinic of Neurosciences, Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:662-70. 2012..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the presence of symptoms of current social distress, anxiety and depression in transsexuals...
- [Serotonin receptor changes in depression: evidences and limitations]E Gomez
Instituto de Psiquiatría y Psicología Clínica Hospital Clínico Barcelona
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 29:186-94. 2001..Nevertheless, the role of these changes in the pathophysiology of depression has not been proved...
- Androgen treatment effects on memory in female-to-male transsexualsEsther Gomez-Gil
Department of Psychiatry, University of Barcelona, Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:110-7. 2009..However, research on this topic has produced inconsistent results, and to the best of our knowledge no studies have investigated memory changes in androgen-treated female-to-male (FM) transsexuals...
- Familiality of gender identity disorder in non-twin siblingsEsther Gomez-Gil
Unidad de Identidad de Género, Instituto Clínic de Neurociencias, Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital Clinic, Universidad de Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Sex Behav 39:546-52. 2010..Nevertheless, the risk is low...
- Hormonal responses to the 5-HT1A agonist buspirone in remitted endogenous depressive patients after long-term imipramine treatmentEsther Gomez-Gil
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Instituto de Neurociencias, Hospital Clinic, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:481-9. 2010..The present study aimed to investigate the adaptive effect of the TCA imipramine on the post-synaptic 5-HT1A receptor function in the hypothalamus...
- Birth order and ratio of brothers to sisters in Spanish transsexualsEsther Gomez-Gil
Unidad de Identidad de Género, Instituto Clínic de Neurociencias, Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital Clinic, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
Arch Sex Behav 40:505-10. 2011....
- [The demand for health care services in the gender identity units of Andalusia and Catalonia during the period of 2000 to 2009]E Gomez-Gil
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Instituto de Neurociencias, Unidad de Identidad de Género de Cataluña, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Clin Esp 211:233-9. 2011..To evaluate the demand for public health services in two gender identity disorder units (Andalusia and Catalonia) during the period of 2000-2009...
- MMPI-2 characteristics of transsexuals requesting sex reassignment: comparison of patients in prehormonal and presurgical phasesEsther Gomez-Gil
Institute Clinic of Neurosciences, Department of Psychiatry, University of Barcelona, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Pers Assess 90:368-74. 2008..Transsexuals in the initial phases of sex reassignment may experience more distress than in later phases; however, these results are unlikely to reflect clinically relevant differences...
- Sociodemographic, clinical, and psychiatric characteristics of transsexuals from SpainEsther Gomez-Gil
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Sex Behav 38:378-92. 2009....
- Lack of clinical relevance of routine chest radiography in acute psychiatric admissionsEsther Gomez-Gil
Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology Institute, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 24:110-3. 2002....
- Decrease of the platelet 5-HT2A receptor function by long-term imipramine treatment in endogenous depressionEsther Gomez-Gil
Instituto Clínic de Psiquiatría y Psicología, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Psychopharmacol 19:251-8. 2004....
- [Relationship between patient's subjective stress perception and the course of inflammatory bowel disease]E Gomez-Gil
Institut Clínic de Psiquiatria i Psicologia Hospital Clínic Barcelona España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:411-6. 2003..The aim of this study was to explore the subjective perception of this relationship in IBD patients...
- Platelet 5-HT2A-receptor-mediated induction of aggregation is not altered in major depressionEsther Gomez-Gil
Instituto Clínic de Psiquiatría y Psicología, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Hum Psychopharmacol 17:419-24. 2002..However, their functional state has often been disregarded. The aim of the study was to investigate whether depressed patients show abnormalities in the function of the 5-HT(2A) receptor pathway in platelets...
- Effects of androgenization on the white matter microstructure of female-to-male transsexuals. A diffusion tensor imaging studyGiuseppina Rametti
Clinical Institute of Neuroscience, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1261-9. 2012..All these observations suggest that testosterone treatment changes white matter microstructure in FtMs...
- Psychometric properties of the original Inflammatory Bowel Disease Questionnaire, a Spanish versionAngela Vidal
Department of Clinical Psychology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Institut Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 30:212-8. 2007....
- Hormonal response to buspirone is not impaired in major depressionRicard Navinés
Institut de Neurociencies, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Psychopharmacol 22:389-95. 2007..Therefore, this study does not support the hypothesis of an altered postsynaptic 5-HT(1A) receptor function in major depression...
- Life events and inflammatory bowel disease relapse: a prospective study of patients enrolled in remissionAngela Vidal
Department of Clinical Psychology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Institute Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 101:775-81. 2006....
- The microstructure of white matter in male to female transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A DTI studyGiuseppina Rametti
Clinical Institute of Neuroscience, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 45:949-54. 2011....
- Effects of citalopram treatment on hypothermic and hormonal responses to the 5-HT1A receptor agonist buspirone in patients with major depression and therapeutic responseRicard Navinés
Institut de Neurociències Servei de Psiquiatria Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:411-6. 2007..610; p=0.001) responses. Changes induced by citalopram support an alteration of 5-HT1A receptors in major depression. A decrease in the overactivity of the HPA axis may be one factor associated with the response to citalopram...
- Depression in hospitalized patients with malignant melanoma treated with interferon-alpha-2b: primary to induced disordersRicard Navinés
Unitat de Recerca Farmacològica, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Doctor Aiguader 88, E 08003, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Dermatol 19:611-5. 2009..Interferon-induced depression occurred in a few patients, which in turn were the most severe. Adjustment depressive disorder was the most common psychiatric diagnosis...
- Health-related quality of life in inflammatory bowel disease patients: the role of psychopathology and personalityAngela Vidal
Department of Clinical Psychology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, CIBER EHD, Institut Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:977-83. 2008....
- Cortical activation during mental rotation in male-to-female and female-to-male transsexuals under hormonal treatmentBeatriz Carrillo
Departamento de Psiquiatría y Psicobiología Clínica, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:1213-22. 2010..The hypoactivation in MF transsexuals in the parietal region could be due to the hormonal treatment or could reflect a priori cerebral differences between MF transsexual and control subjects...
- White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A diffusion tensor imaging studyGiuseppina Rametti
Clinical Institute of Neuroscience, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 45:199-204. 2011....
- Serotonergic mechanisms: a potential link between affective disorders and cardiovascular riskGines Escolar
Servicio de Hemoterapia y Hemostasia, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Drugs Today (Barc) 41:721-43. 2005..The present review seeks a better understanding of the mechanisms that could link depression with an enhanced cardiovascular risk...
- Interaction between serotonin 5-HT1A receptors and beta-endorphins modulates antidepressant responseRicard Navinés
Institut de Neurociencies, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1804-9. 2008..Activation of serotonin 5-HT1A receptors has been shown to increase plasma beta-endorphin (beta-END) levels in animal studies and in healthy humans...
- [The impact of anxiety and depression on relapse in patients with inflammatory bowel disease]Angela Vidal
Servicio de Psicología Clínica, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona
Med Clin (Barc) 132:298-302. 2009..We sought to determine whether suffering anxiety and depressive disorders among patients with inactive disease would increase the risk of subsequent relapses...
- Coordination of healthcare for transsexual persons: a multidisciplinary approachIsabel Esteva De Antonio
aDepartment of Endocrinology, Andalusian Gender Team IBIMA, Carlos Haya Hospital, Malaga bDepartment of Psychiatry, Institute Clinic of Neurosciences, Barcelona, Spain Gender Identity and Sexual Development Disorders Spanish Group
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 20:585-91. 2013..Although the recommendations of The World Professional Association for Transgender Health are used as guidelines, the application of these standards of care varies considerably, probably because of specific clinical and country factors...
- Health-related quality of life in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome: group cognitive behavioural therapy and graded exercise versus usual treatment. A randomised controlled trial with 1 year of follow-upMontserrat Nuñez
Rheumatology Service, Functional Readaptation Unit, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Rheumatol 30:381-9. 2011..Multidisciplinary treatment was not superior to usual treatment at 12 months in terms of HRQL. The possible benefits of GET as part of multidisciplinary treatment for CFS should be assessed on an individual patient basis...