- Cerebrospinal fluid markers in dementia with lewy bodies compared with Alzheimer diseaseEstrella Gomez-Tortosa
Department of Neurology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, the Brain Bank for Neurological Research, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Arch Neurol 60:1218-22. 2003..We analyzed cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) markers that reflect the pathological differences between AD and DLB...
- Sequential changes of parathyroid hormone related protein (PTHrP) in articular cartilage during progression of inflammatory and degenerative arthritisE Gomez-Barrena
Servicio de Cirugia Ortopedica y Traumatologia, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Avda Reyes Catolicos 2, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 63:917-22. 2004....
- Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) is modified by intra-articular liposomal clodronate in an experimental model of arthritisE Gomez-Barrena
Bone and Joint Research Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Hospital, Autonoma University of Madrid, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:622-8. 2006..High-dose liposomal bisphosphonates exert apoptotic effects. This work studies the chondroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties of intra-articularly administered low-dose, non-cytotoxic liposomal clodronate...
- Patterns of protein nitration in dementia with Lewy bodies and striatonigral degenerationEstrella Gomez-Tortosa
Servicio de Neurologia, Fundación Jiménez Díaz and Banco de Tejidos para Investigación Neurológica, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Acta Neuropathol 103:495-500. 2002..The presence of alpha-synuclein-positive deposits lacking 3-NT immunoreactivity suggests that nitration is not a prerequisite for alpha-synuclein deposition...
- Variability of age at onset in siblings with familial Alzheimer diseaseEstrella Gomez-Tortosa
Department of Neurology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Avda Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Arch Neurol 64:1743-8. 2007..Variability of age at onset (AO) of Alzheimer disease (AD) among members of the same family is important as a biological clue and because of its clinical effects...
- An experimental study of COMP (cartilage oligomeric matrix protein) in the rabbit menisciMariano López-Franco
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Infanta Sofía Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:1167-76. 2011..We analyzed the distribution of cells and cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) and its changes in the early stages of degeneration in meniscus...
- The new mutation, E46K, of alpha-synuclein causes Parkinson and Lewy body dementiaJuan J Zarranz
Department of Neurology, de Cruces Hospital, Departament of Neuroscience, University del Pais Vasco, Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
Ann Neurol 55:164-73. 2004..Our data show that, in addition to the previously described hereditary alpha-synucleinopathies, dementia with Lewy bodies is related to mutation of alpha-synuclein...
- A multigenerational pedigree of late-onset Alzheimer's disease implies new genetic causesAdriano Jimenez-Escrig
Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Brain 128:1707-15. 2005..The simulation analysis suggests that it will be feasible to locate a novel responsible gene in these kindred...