- Cerebrospinal fluid markers in dementia with lewy bodies compared with Alzheimer diseaseEstrella Gomez-Tortosa
Department of Neurology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, the Brain Bank for Neurological Research, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Arch Neurol 60:1218-22. 2003..We analyzed cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) markers that reflect the pathological differences between AD and DLB...
- Sequential changes of parathyroid hormone related protein (PTHrP) in articular cartilage during progression of inflammatory and degenerative arthritisE Gomez-Barrena
Servicio de Cirugia Ortopedica y Traumatologia, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Avda Reyes Catolicos 2, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 63:917-22. 2004....
- Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) is modified by intra-articular liposomal clodronate in an experimental model of arthritisE Gomez-Barrena
Bone and Joint Research Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Hospital, Autonoma University of Madrid, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:622-8. 2006..High-dose liposomal bisphosphonates exert apoptotic effects. This work studies the chondroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties of intra-articularly administered low-dose, non-cytotoxic liposomal clodronate...
- Patterns of protein nitration in dementia with Lewy bodies and striatonigral degenerationEstrella Gomez-Tortosa
Servicio de Neurologia, Fundación Jiménez Díaz and Banco de Tejidos para Investigación Neurológica, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Acta Neuropathol 103:495-500. 2002..The presence of alpha-synuclein-positive deposits lacking 3-NT immunoreactivity suggests that nitration is not a prerequisite for alpha-synuclein deposition...
- Variability of age at onset in siblings with familial Alzheimer diseaseEstrella Gomez-Tortosa
Department of Neurology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Avda Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Arch Neurol 64:1743-8. 2007..Variability of age at onset (AO) of Alzheimer disease (AD) among members of the same family is important as a biological clue and because of its clinical effects...
- Evaluation of a minimally aggressive method of patellofemoral osteoarthritis treatment at 10 years minimum follow-upM Lopez-Franco
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Hospital Infanta Sofia, Madrid, Spain Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Hospital Sur de Alcorcón, Madrid, Spain IdiPaz Hospital La Paz Institute for Health Research, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Knee 20:476-81. 2013..Our purpose was to investigate the long-term outcome of a simple operation such as the partial lateral facetectomy on middle-aged to elderly patients with predominant lateral patellofemoral osteoarthritis...
- An experimental study of COMP (cartilage oligomeric matrix protein) in the rabbit menisciMariano López-Franco
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Infanta Sofía Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:1167-76. 2011..We analyzed the distribution of cells and cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) and its changes in the early stages of degeneration in meniscus...
- The new mutation, E46K, of alpha-synuclein causes Parkinson and Lewy body dementiaJuan J Zarranz
Department of Neurology, de Cruces Hospital, Departament of Neuroscience, University del Pais Vasco, Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
Ann Neurol 55:164-73. 2004..Our data show that, in addition to the previously described hereditary alpha-synucleinopathies, dementia with Lewy bodies is related to mutation of alpha-synuclein...
- A multigenerational pedigree of late-onset Alzheimer's disease implies new genetic causesAdriano Jimenez-Escrig
Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Brain 128:1707-15. 2005..The simulation analysis suggests that it will be feasible to locate a novel responsible gene in these kindred...