- CCR7 is expressed in astrocytes and upregulated after an inflammatory injuryDiego Gómez-Nicola
Neural Plasticity Group, Functional and Systems Neurobiology Department, Cajal Institute, CSIC, Avda Doctor Arce, 37, 28002, Madrid, Spain
J Neuroimmunol 227:87-92. 2010..Our results indicate that CCR7 is playing an important role for the intercellular communication during the inflammatory activation in the CNS...
- Regulation by GD3 of the proinflammatory response of microglia mediated by interleukin-15Diego Gómez-Nicola
Neural Plasticity Department, Instituto Ramón y Cajal de Neurobiología, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
J Neurosci Res 83:754-62. 2006..The antiinflammatory properties of GD3 could be significant in the treatment of pain subsequent to CNS damage...
- Glioma growth inhibition by neurostatin and O-But GD1bBeatriz Valle-Argos
Neural Plasticity Group, Functional and Systems Neurobiology Department, Instituto Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Neuro Oncol 12:1135-46. 2010....
- Interleukin-15 regulates proliferation and self-renewal of adult neural stem cellsDiego Gómez-Nicola
Functional and Systems Neurobiology Department, Cajal Institute CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Mol Biol Cell 22:1960-70. 2011..The results show that IL-15 is a key regulator of neurogenesis in the adult and is essential to understanding diseases with an inflammatory component...
- Cannabinoid agonist WIN 55,212-2 prevents the development of paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy in rats. Possible involvement of spinal glial cellsElisa Burgos
Department of Pharmacology and Nutrition, Faculty of Health Sciences, Rey Juan Carlos University, 28922 Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 682:62-72. 2012....
- Neurostatin blocks glioma cell cycle progression by inhibiting EGFR activationBeatriz Valle-Argos
Neural Plasticity Group, Functional and Systems Neurobiology Department, Cajal Institute, CSIC, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:89-100. 2011..The antitumoral actions described here point to neurostatin as a novel and promising chemotherapeutic agent for glioma treatment...
- Aggravated experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in IL-15 knockout miceDiego Gómez-Nicola
Neural Plasticity Group, Functional and Systems Neurobiology Department, Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Exp Neurol 222:235-42. 2010..How these findings are contributing to the aggravated EAE development in IL-15 KO mice remain unclear and need to be further investigated...
- Synthesis and characterization of neurostatin-related compounds with high inhibitory activity of glioma growthBeatriz Valle-Argos
Neural Plasticity Group, Functional and Systems Neurobiology Department, Cajal Institute CSIC, Avda Doctor Arce, 37, 28002, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Med Chem 45:2034-43. 2010..These results open the possibility for the application of the neurostatin-related compounds to in-vivo tumoral models...
- Interleukin 15 expression in the CNS: blockade of its activity prevents glial activation after an inflammatory injuryDiego Gómez-Nicola
Functional and Systems Neurobiology Department, Cajal Institute, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Glia 56:494-505. 2008..Because IL-15 appears to modulate the inflammatory environment acutely generated after CNS injury, regulating IL-15 expression seems a clear antiinflammatory therapy to improve the outcome of neurodegenerative diseases and CNS trauma...
- Inhibitors of Glioma Growth that Reveal the Tumour to the Immune SystemManuel Nieto-Sampedro
Instituto Cajal de Neurobiologia, CSIC, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Clin Med Insights Oncol 5:265-314. 2011..Because neurostatins and their analogues show specific activity and no toxicity for normal cells, a clinical trial would be the logical next step...