- A phase I, dose-finding study of sunitinib combined with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil in patients with advanced gastric cancerC Gomez-Martin
GastroIntestinal Cancer Clinical Research Unit, Clinical Research Programme, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Fuenlabrada University Hospital, Camino del Molino 2, 28950 Madrid, Spain
Invest New Drugs 31:390-8. 2013..Conclusions Sunitinib plus cisplatin 80 mg/m(2) and 5-FU 4,000 mg/m(2) were combinable and adverse events were manageable. The MTD of sunitinib was established as 25 mg/day on Schedule 2/1...
- HER2/neu testing for anti-HER2-based therapies in patients with unresectable and/or metastatic gastric cancerCarlos Gómez-Martín
GastroIntestinal Cancer Clinical Research Unit, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Pathol 65:751-7. 2012..To study the HER2 gene amplification or overexpression in patients with advanced gastric cancer (GC) and their association with patient characteristics and patient survival...
- Incidence of hand-foot syndrome with capecitabine in combination with chemotherapy as first-line treatment in patients with advanced and/or metastatic gastric cancer suitable for treatment with a fluoropyrimidine-based regimenCarlos Gómez-Martín
Gastrointestinal Cancer Unit, Medical Oncology Division, Doce de Octubre University Hospital, Avda de Cordoba s n, 28041, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 14:689-97. 2012..Hand-foot syndrome (HFS) is a limiting toxicity of capecitabine, which is not life-threatening but could compromise capecitabine efficacy...
- Consensus of the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM) and Spanish Society of Pathology (SEAP) for HER2 testing in gastric carcinomaCarlos Gómez-Martín
GI Cancer Research Unit, Clinical Research Programme, National Cancer Research Centre, C Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 13:636-51. 2011..Any laboratories which do not meet the minimum standards set out in the guidelines must make every effort to achieve compliance...
- Efficacy and safety of sorafenib in combination with mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors for recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma after liver transplantationCarlos Gómez-Martín
Gastrointestinal Cancer Unit, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Fuenlabrada University Hospital, Camino del Molino 2, Fuenlabrada, Madrid, Spain
Liver Transpl 18:45-52. 2012..The toxicity and efficacy need to be further evaluated in randomized controlled studies for this combination to be considered a valid option...
- A critical review of HER2-positive gastric cancer evaluation and treatment: From trastuzumab, and beyondCarlos Gómez-Martín
Gastrointestinal Cancer Unit and Early Drug Development Unit, Medical Oncology Division, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid, Spain Laboratorio de Dianas Terapéuticas, Centro Integral Oncologico Clara Campal, Hospital Universitario Madrid Sanchinarro, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Cancer Lett 351:30-40. 2014..This article reviews the current state of HER2 in gastric cancer focusing on diagnostic and anti-HER2 targeted treatment issues and the role of trastuzumab in localized disease, and its combination or integration with new therapies. ..
- Phase II study of trastuzumab and cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction cancerCristina Gravalos
Medical Oncology Department, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 13:179-84. 2011..We conducted a multicentre phase II trial to evaluate trastuzumab in combination with cisplatin in patients with untreated HER2-positive advanced gastric or GEJ cancer...
- SEOM clinical guidelines for the treatment of pancreatic cancerCarlos Gómez-Martín
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 13:528-35. 2011..In recent years new chemotherapy combinations and targeted agents have demonstrated significant antitumoral activity, increasing the armamentarium that can be used against this lethal disease...
- Current status of mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors in lung cancerCarlos Gómez-Martín
Department of Oncology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Lung Cancer 7:S13-8. 2005....