Jose Luis Garcia-Perez
- Epigenetic control of retrotransposon expression in human embryonic stem cellsAngela Macia
Andalusian Stem Cell Bank, Department of Molecular Embryology, Center for Biomedical Research, Avda Conocimiento s n, Armilla, Granada 18100, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 31:300-16. 2011....
- Epigenetic silencing of engineered L1 retrotransposition events in human embryonic carcinoma cellsJose L Garcia-Perez
Department of Human Genetics, 1241 East Catherine Street, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5618, USA
Nature 466:769-73. 2010..Thus, our data indicate that ECs differ from many differentiated cells in their ability to silence reporter genes delivered by L1 retrotransposition...
- Similarities between long interspersed element-1 (LINE-1) reverse transcriptase and telomeraseHuira C Kopera
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5618, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:20345-50. 2011..Finally, we demonstrate that ORF1p is not strictly required for ENi retrotransposition at dysfunctional telomeres. Thus, these data further highlight similarities between the mechanism of ENi L1 retrotransposition and telomerase...
- LINE-1 elements in structural variation and diseaseChristine R Beck
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5618, USA
Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 12:187-215. 2011..We next highlight how advances in DNA sequencing and genomic technologies have enabled the discovery of novel retrotransposons in individual genomes. Finally, we discuss how L1-mediated retrotransposition events impact human genomes...
- Endonuclease-independent LINE-1 retrotransposition at mammalian telomeresTammy A Morrish
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
Nature 446:208-12. 2007..Thus, we propose that EN(i) retrotransposition is an ancestral mechanism of RNA-mediated DNA repair associated with non-LTR retrotransposons that may have been used before the acquisition of an endonuclease domain...