Genomes and Genes
- Franco D, Campione M, Kelly R, Zammit P, Buckingham M, Lamers W, et al. Multiple transcriptional domains, with distinct left and right components, in the atrial chambers of the developing heart. Circ Res. 2000;87:984-91 pubmed..Furthermore, this work will allow the contribution of each of these myocardial components to be studied in congenitally malformed hearts, such as those with abnormal venous return. ..
- Franco D, Christoffels V, Campione M. Homeobox transcription factor Pitx2: The rise of an asymmetry gene in cardiogenesis and arrhythmogenesis. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2014;24:23-31 pubmed publisher..In this review we will revise the role of Pitx2 in the developing heart, starting from the early events of left-right determination followed by its role in cardiac morphogenesis and ending with its role in cardiac arrhythmogenesis. ..
- Bonet F, Hernández Torres F, Esteban F, Aránega A, Franco D. Comparative Analyses of MicroRNA Microarrays during Cardiogenesis: Functional Perspectives. Microarrays (Basel). 2013;2:81-96 pubmed publisher....
- Hernández Torres F, Aranega A, Franco D. Identification of regulatory elements directing miR-23a-miR-27a-miR-24-2 transcriptional regulation in response to muscle hypertrophic stimuli. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:885-97 pubmed publisher..Taking together, our results provide new insights into the regulatory networks driving miR-23a-miR-27a-miR-24-2 cluster expression in cardiac and skeletal muscles. ..
- Franco D, Sedmera D, Lozano Velasco E. Multiple Roles of Pitx2 in Cardiac Development and Disease. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis. 2017;4: pubmed publisher..In this manuscript, we provide a state-of-the-art review of the fundamental roles of Pitx2 during cardiogenesis, arrhythmogenesis and its contribution to congenital heart diseases. ..
- Campione M, Franco D. Current Perspectives in Cardiac Laterality. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..A special emphasis will be given to the morphogenetic role of Pitx2 and to its modulation of transcriptional and functional properties, which have also linked laterality to atrial fibrillation. ..
- Franco D, Icardo J. Molecular characterization of the ventricular conduction system in the developing mouse heart: topographical correlation in normal and congenitally malformed hearts. Cardiovasc Res. 2001;49:417-29 pubmed..Our results do not provide evidence to support an extra-cardiac origin of the ventricular CS. ..
- Franco D, Kelly R, Moorman A, Lamers W, Buckingham M, Brown N. MLC3F transgene expression in iv mutant mice reveals the importance of left-right signalling pathways for the acquisition of left and right atrial but not ventricular compartment identity. Dev Dyn. 2001;221:206-15 pubmed..These data suggest that molecular specification of left and right atrial but not ventricular chambers is dependent on left-right axial cues. ..
- Franco D, Demolombe S, Kupershmidt S, Dumaine R, Dominguez J, Roden D, et al. Divergent expression of delayed rectifier K(+) channel subunits during mouse heart development. Cardiovasc Res. 2001;52:65-75 pubmed....
- Franco D, Campione M. The role of Pitx2 during cardiac development. Linking left-right signaling and congenital heart diseases. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2003;13:157-63 pubmed..These data suggest that altered left-right signaling underlies the etiology of several common congenital cardiac malformations. ..
- Franco D, Meilhac S, Christoffels V, Kispert A, Buckingham M, Kelly R. Left and right ventricular contributions to the formation of the interventricular septum in the mouse heart. Dev Biol. 2006;294:366-75 pubmed..Examination of the orientation as well as the distribution of labeled cells in clusters provides new insights into the morphogenesis of the septum. ..
- Franco D, Rueda P, Lendinez E, Arenzana Seisdedos F, Caruz A. Developmental expression profile of the CXCL12gamma isoform: insights into its tissue-specific role. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2009;292:891-901 pubmed publisher....
- Franco D, Chinchilla A, Daimi H, Domínguez J, Aránega A. Modulation of conductive elements by Pitx2 and their impact on atrial arrhythmogenesis. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:223-31 pubmed publisher..Here, we review new insights into the cellular and molecular links between PITX2 and AF. ..
- Aguirre L, Alonso M, Badia Careaga C, Rollán I, Arias C, Fernández Miñán A, et al. Long-range regulatory interactions at the 4q25 atrial fibrillation risk locus involve PITX2c and ENPEP. BMC Biol. 2015;13:26 pubmed publisher....