J J Secades
Affiliation: Ferrer Internacional S.A
- Citicoline: pharmacological and clinical review, 2010 updateJ J Secades
Medical Department, Grupo Ferrer, SA, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Neurol 52:S1-S62. 2011..There are retrieved the most important experimental and clinical data in both indications...
- Citicoline induces angiogenesis improving survival of vascular/human brain microvessel endothelial cells through pathways involving ERK1/2 and insulin receptor substrate-1Jerzy Krupinski
Cerebrovascular Diseases, Department of Neurology, Hospital Universitari Mutua Terrassa, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Vasc Cell 4:20. 2012..abstract:..
- Probably role of citicoline in stroke rehabilitation: review of the literatureJulio J Secades
Medical Department, Grupo Ferrer, S A, 08028 Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 54:173-9. 2012..In this context, the role of citicoline in the rehabilitation of patients with stroke is reviewed...
- Citicoline in intracerebral haemorrhage: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, multi-centre pilot studyJulio J Secades
Medical Department, Grupo Ferrer SA, Barcelona, Spain
Cerebrovasc Dis 21:380-5. 2006..Citicoline is a neuroprotectant drug with some beneficial effects in human ischaemic stroke and with an excellent safety profile. We decided to carry out a pilot study to test its safety and efficacy in human intracerebral haemorrhaging...
- Double-blind placebo-controlled study with citicoline in APOE genotyped Alzheimer's disease patients. Effects on cognitive performance, brain bioelectrical activity and cerebral perfusionX A Alvarez
EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, A Coruna, Barcelona, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 21:633-44. 1999....
- CDP-choline reduces pro-caspase and cleaved caspase-3 expression, nuclear DNA fragmentation, and specific PARP-cleaved products of caspase activation following middle cerebral artery occlusion in the ratJ Krupinski
Unitat de Neuropatologia, Departament de Biologia Cellular i Anatomia Patologica, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Neuropharmacology 42:846-54. 2002..The expression of caspase-cleaved products of PARP (PARP 89 kDa) was reduced in citicoline-treated ischaemic rats. These results show that citicoline inhibits the expression of proteins involved in apoptosis following MCAO...