- [Asperger syndrome: diagnosis and treatment]A Fernandez-Jaen
Hospital Universitario La Paz, 28046 Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 44:S53-5. 2007..It is not associated with delay in language development as others pervasive developmental disorders. Diagnosis should be made based on a complete clinical history and psychological assessment; specific diagnostic instruments are useful...
- [Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and mental retardation]A Fernandez-Jaen
Servicio de Neuropediatria, Hospital La Zarzuela, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 42:S25-7. 2006..It is therefore necessary to examine the epidemiological characteristics of neurodevelopmental disorders in patients with MR, evaluate diagnostic protocols and especially update the pharmacological treatment of ADHD in children with MR...
- Cortical thickness at the time of the initial attack in two patients with paediatric relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisAlberto Fernández-Jaén
Department of Neuropediatrics, Hospital Universitario Quirón, Madrid, Spain Department of Neurology, Hospital Universitario Quirón, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 18:295-300. 2014..Evidence of cortical thinning in childhood MS is scant...
- Social and leadership abilities in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: relation with cognitive-attentional capacitiesAlberto Fernández-Jaén
Unidad de Neurología Infanto juvenil Hospital Universitario Quirón Centro CADE Madrid
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 40:136-46. 2012..We have analyzed social and leadership abilities in children with ADHD and their relationship with execution of tasks involving sustained attention and inhibitory control...
- Efficacy of atomoxetine for the treatment of ADHD symptoms in patients with pervasive developmental disorders: a prospective, open-label studyAlberto Fernández-Jaén
Hospital Universitario Quirón, Madrid, Spain
J Atten Disord 17:497-505. 2013..Atomoxetine's tolerance and efficacy were studied in 24 patients with pervasive developmental disorder and symptoms of ADHD...
- [Genomic endophenotypes of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder]Alberto Fernández-Jaén
Hospital Universitario Quirón, Diego de Velazquez 1, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
Rev Neurol 54:S81-7. 2012....
- Cortical thickness in fetal alcohol syndrome and attention deficit disorderAlberto Fernández-Jaén
Pediatric Neurology Unit, Hospital Universitario Quirón Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Neurol 45:387-91. 2011..This study demonstrated greater cortical thickness in patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and heavy prenatal exposure to alcohol, probably as an expression of immature or abnormal brain development...
- Clinical and cognitive response to extended-release methylphenidate (Medikinet) in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: efficacy evaluationAlberto Fernández-Jaén
Department of Neuropediatrics at Quiron Universitary Hospital, C Diego de Veláquez, 1, 28223 Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
Adv Ther 26:1097-110. 2009....
- [Sustained effectiveness of osmotic-release methylphenidate: a study of 266 cases]A Fernandez-Jaen
Servicio de Neurología Pediátrica, Hospital de la Zarzuela, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 48:339-45. 2009..Methylphenidate (MTF) is effective for the treatment of attention deficit/hiperactivity disorder (ADHD). Osmotic-release MTF (MTF-O) allows a sustained effect along the day on attention and behaviour in patient with ADHD with a single dose...
- An open-label, prospective study of levetiracetam in children and adolescents with Tourette syndromeAlberto Fernández-Jaén
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Quiron Hospital, C Diego de Velazquez 1, 28223, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 13:541-5. 2009..To evaluate the usefulness of levetiracetam (LEV) for the treatment of tics in patients with Tourette syndrome (TS) by means of a prospective, open-label, 12-week study...
- Gomez-Lopez-Hernandez syndrome: two new cases and review of the literatureAlberto Fernández-Jaén
Department of Pediatric Neurology La Zarzuela Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Neurol 40:58-62. 2009..Based on literature and our experience, we propose the presence of trigeminal anesthesia and/or partial alopecia of the scalp to complete the diagnosis of the syndrome...
- Atomoxetine for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in mental retardationAlberto Fernández-Jaén
Neuropediatrics Section, Quirón University Hospital, C Diego de Velazquez 1, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Neurol 43:341-7. 2010..Larger, randomized, controlled, double-blind studies are required to confirm the efficacy observed in this first study...
- [Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and its relation to social skills and leadership evaluated with an evaluation system of the behavior of children and adolescents (BASC)]Alberto Fernández-Jaén
Unidad de Neurología Infanto juvenil Hospital Universitario Quirón Centro CADE, Madrid, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 39:339-48. 2011..Numerous studies have documented that children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) show a low social competence...
- [Autism and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: pharmacological intervention]Alberto Fernández-Jaén
Hospital Quiron, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Espana
Rev Neurol 57:S205-10. 2013..Nevertheless, further controlled studies are needed to confirm this proposition...
- Fetal alcohol syndrome, Tourette syndrome, and hyperactivity in nine adopted childrenDaniel Martín Fernández-Mayoralas
Department of Neuropediatrics, Hospital Quiron, Pozuelo de Alarcón Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Neurol 43:110-6. 2010..This particular constellation poses its own prognosis and requires its own treatment...
- [Alcoholic foetopathy: an update]Daniel Martín Fernández-Mayoralas
Unidad de Neurología Infantil Hospital Quiron, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
Rev Neurol 52:S53-7. 2011..It is considered to be the number one preventable cause of congenital defects and mental deficiency...
- Treatment with paliperidone in children with behavior disorders previously treated with risperidone: an open-label trialDaniel Martín Fernández-Mayoralas
Neuropediatrics Section, Hospital Universitario Quirón Madrid, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Neuropharmacol 35:227-30. 2012..Our purpose is to document the clinical experience with the use of paliperidone in children with severe behavior problems that were partially refractory to treatment with risperidone and psychological treatment...
- In Utero Diagnosis of PHACE Syndrome by Fetal Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Daniel Martín Fernández-Mayoralas
1Department of Neuropediatrics, Hospital Universitario Quirón Madrid, Spain
J Child Neurol 29:118-21. 2014..The prenatal presence of 2 PHACE criteria led to the suspicion of this syndrome, and prenatal diagnostic criteria might be developed to improve information regarding the prognosis of cerebellar malformations. ..
- Clinical response to methylphenidate in a patient with self-induced photosensitive epilepsyDaniel Martín Fernández-Mayoralas
Department of Neuropediatrics, Hospital Universitario Quirón, Madrid, Spain
J Child Neurol 26:770-2. 2011....
- [From inattentive-type attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to the restrictive type]Ana Laura Fernández-Perrone
Hospital Universitario Quirón, Diego de Velazquez 1, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
Rev Neurol 56:S77-84. 2013..AIM. To review the characteristics of patients with inattentive subtype ADHD, including those who could be grouped in a more homogenous subtype which the DSM-5 proposes for classification as the restrictive subtype...
- [Social skills in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder]A Pardos
Centro CADE, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 48:S107-11. 2009....
- Schizencephaly: pre- and postnatal magnetic resonance imagingDaniel Martín Fernández-Mayoralas
Department of Neuropediatrics, Hospital Quiron, Madrid, Spain
J Child Neurol 25:1020-3. 2010..Prenatal MRI is remarkably useful in the diagnosis and prognostic approach to the condition. It is less useful in classifying the unilateral forms (open vs closed lips), and hence, its prognostic validity is more limited...
- Generalized mechanical nerve pain hypersensitivity in children with episodic tension-type headacheDaniel M Fernández-Mayoralas
Department of Neuropediatry, Hospital Quirón de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Pediatrics 126:e187-94. 2010..The objective of this study was to analyze the presence of generalized pressure pain hypersensitivity over nerve tissues in trigeminal and nontrigeminal regions in children with frequent episodic tension-type headache (FETTH)...
- [The effects of methylphenidate on cognitive-attentional processes. The use of continuous performance tests]A Fernandez-Jaen
Hospital La Zarzuela, 28023 Aravaca, Espana
Rev Neurol 46:S47-9. 2008..Responses to these tests improve under methylphenidate. General recommendations in ADHD treatment include systematic monitoring of medication effects from clinical point of view...
- [Pascual graphomotor test in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, combined type]A Fernandez-Jaen
Servicio de Neurologia Infantil, Hospital La Zarzuela, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 36:689-91. 2003..Pascual graphomotor test has recently been presented; it is useful to study the neurodevelopment in drawing and the non verbal cognitive level in normal children and others with neuropsychiatric disabilities...
- [Emotional alterations in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: existing data and open questions]J Albert
Departamento de Psicología Biológica y de la Salud, Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 47:39-45. 2008..Research on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) has focused mainly on cognitive aspects, leaving in the background the study of the affective deficiencies accompanying the disorder...
- [Neuroimaging in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder]D Martin Fernandez-Mayoralas
Hospital Quiron, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 50:S125-33. 2010..On the other hand, neuroimaging in the future may complement clinical evaluation, which will favour more accurate diagnoses and allow the subtypes and even the mode of treatment and its monitoring to be identified...
- [The prevalence of headache in a population of patients with coeliac disease]M C Roche Herrero
Servicio de Neurología Infantil Hospital Infantil La Paz, Madrid, 28046, Espana
Rev Neurol 32:301-9. 2001..The pathophysiology of migraine and tension headache involve personality and biochemical factors, such as serotonin, which are also common in coeliac disease...