- Prevalence of dementia and major dementia subtypes in Spanish populations: a reanalysis of dementia prevalence surveys, 1990-2008Jesus de Pedro-Cuesta
National Centre for Epidemiology, CIBERNED and Alzheimer Disease Research Unit, Carlos III Institute of Public Health, Madrid, Spain
BMC Neurol 9:55. 2009..This study describes the prevalence of dementia and major dementia subtypes in Spanish elderly...
- Behavioural symptoms in patients with Alzheimer's disease and their association with cognitive impairmentManuel Fernandez
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital de Cruces, Plaza de Cruces s n, Barakaldo, Spain
BMC Neurol 10:87. 2010..Thus, the aim of the present study is to describe the clinical profile of AD patients, and to correlate the presence of BPSD with the severity of the disease...
- Prevalence of neuropsychiatric symptoms in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease, and its relationship with cognitive impairmentFernández Martínez M
Neurological Department Hospital de Cruces Plaza de Cruces s n Baracaldo, 48903 Vizcaya Spain
Curr Alzheimer Res 7:517-26. 2010....
- The COMT Val158 Met polymorphism as an associated risk factor for Alzheimer disease and mild cognitive impairment in APOE 4 carriersManuel Fernández Martínez
Neurology Department, Hospital de Cruces, Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
BMC Neurosci 10:125. 2009..Multinomial logistic regression models were used to determine the risk of AD and MCI...
- Risk factors for dementia in the epidemiological study of Munguialde County (Basque Country-Spain)Manuel Fernández Martínez
Department of Neurology, Hospital de Cruces, Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
BMC Neurol 8:39. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify the risk factors for dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD) and vascular dementia (VD) in elderly people in Munguialde County (Spain)...
- Prevalence of neuropsychiatric symptoms in Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementiaManuel Fernández-Martínez
Neurological Department, Hospital de Cruces, Plaza de Cruces s n, Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:61-9. 2008..The study aimed to describe the prevalence and severity of neuropsychiatric symptoms in patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and vascular dementia (VaD)...
- [Prevalence of dementia in the elderly aged above 65 in a district in the Basque Country]M Fernandez
Hospital de Cruces, 48903 Baracaldo, Espana
Rev Neurol 46:89-96. 2008..To estimate the prevalence of dementia in the population aged above 65 in the district of Mungialde, Vizcaya...
- Prevalence of neuropsychiatric symptoms in elderly patients with dementia in Mungialde County (Basque Country, Spain)Manuel Fernández Martínez
Department of Neurology, Hospital de Cruces, Baracaldo, Spain
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 25:103-8. 2008..Determination of the prevalence of neuropsychiatric symptoms in elderly patients with dementia in Mungialde...
- [Cerebrovascular disease in a tertiary care hospital. The current situation and points to be improved]J C Gómez-Esteban
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital de Cruces, 48903 Barakaldo, Espana
Rev Neurol 40:723-8. 2005..Caring for patients suffering from a cerebrovascular diseases requires a large quantity of resources which must be optimised. The aim of this study is to analyse the management of stroke in a tertiary care hospital...
- Intrahepatic hepatitis C virus replication is increased in patients with regular alcohol consumptionM Romero-Gomez
Units of Hepatology, Hospital Universitario de Valme, Seville, Spain
Dig Liver Dis 33:698-702. 2001..To assess clinical significance of liver hepatitis C virus RNA levels and their relationship with epidemiological, biochemical and histological factors...
- A novel mutation (K317M) in the MAPT gene causes FTDP and motor neuron diseaseJ J Zarranz
Neurology Service, Department of Neurosciences, Hospital Cruces, University of the Basque Country, Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
Neurology 64:1578-85. 2005..In some families the genetic basis is still unknown. The authors report two pedigrees with FTDP-17 harboring a novel mutation (K317M) in exon 11 in the MAPT gene...
- Donors older than 70 years in liver transplantationM Gastaca
Liver Transplantation Unit, Hospital de Cruces, Bilbao, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3851-4. 2005..Expansion of donor criteria has become necessary with the increasing number of liver transplantation candidates, as aged donors who have been considered to yield marginal organs...